Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Not sure if this has been discussed

• 52 posts
    October 27, 2021 12:54 PM PDT

How has the VR staff reacted to the Apple+ tv show Mythic Quest? I found it funny.  Working in SF I have met those personalities in people at different tech companies, as a health care provider I get to meet people from a lot of companies, at all levels so I found it funny.

Cheers

• 2053 posts
    October 27, 2021 2:58 PM PDT

I haven't heard of it before, so thanks for the head's up.

Beyond that, this thread will likely get moved to off-topic since it's not specifically about Pantheon.

• 9115 posts
    October 27, 2021 4:40 PM PDT

I haven't seen it myself as I don't have anything Apple but after a quick google, it looks good!

Moved to Off-Topic as this doesn't relate to Pantheon. ;)

• 560 posts
    October 27, 2021 9:17 PM PDT

I had also never heard of it. It looks interesting but I am also a never Apple. Well Never is a strong word if they let third part stores I would consider Apple.

• 394 posts
    October 27, 2021 10:01 PM PDT

I've heard of it but am not interested in signing up for anything Apple related, guess I'll pratice some rouge skills...

This post was edited by Gintoki88 at October 27, 2021 10:02 PM PDT
    • 252 posts
    October 28, 2021 11:16 AM PDT

When that show was coming out Rob Mcelhenny told this story:

“I met a creative director” for one of Ubisoft’s games, McElhenney says — likening the role to that of filmmakers who direct their own screenplays. “He took this very loaded beat, and he took a breath and stared out into the distance and said, ‘I create worlds.’ I excused myself for a second, and I called Charlie [Day, McElhenney’s producing partner] and said, ‘We have to do a show about this because it is amazing.’” 

It's obvious that the creative director was quoting Brad McQuaid, but I was really disappointed that Brad didn't get the credit for his quote. It's probably irrational but I get kind of upset that this creative director is getting credited for Brad's quote. There is no reason the creative director shouldn't have quoted Brad here, and there is no reason McElhenny would know that Brad said it. But emotions aren't rational.

Like others, no plan on signing up for anything apple just to see a show.

Quote from Variety article published on Jan 8 2020.

This post was edited by Ruinar at October 28, 2021 11:17 AM PDT
    • 303 posts
    November 20, 2021 9:35 AM PST

lol dude he probably just came up with it himself, its not like its a very unique thing to say

besides the quote isnt even the same as brads