Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Activision Blizzard Lawsuit

• 2053 posts
    July 28, 2021 3:55 PM PDT

https://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/activision-blizzard-lawsuit/

It appears from reports that almost half of gaming subscribers in America are women.

It's about time the Game Studios started paying more attention.

This post was edited by Jothany at July 28, 2021 3:55 PM PDT
    • 273 posts
    August 3, 2021 7:08 AM PDT

Even if 0% of your customers are women, you shouldn't be raping your co-workers.

This ought to be a lesson in the impact a toxic work environment can have on your product, that sadly will probably be lost on a lot of people in and out of the industry.

This post was edited by eunichron at August 3, 2021 7:10 AM PDT
    • 223 posts
    August 26, 2021 4:58 PM PDT

Sadly it happens in a lot of workplaces. And those who stand up and say something are often harassed and pushed out. Hopefully this is the impetus needed for change to actually occur.

• 159 posts
    August 29, 2021 11:57 AM PDT

I've been out of the loop on this subject. I never did play WoW on a serious level. ( WoW has always been an EQ clone in my opinion) If women have been raped or sexually assulted in any way. The #@$#^& responasible need to be ki---d. Prison and or a major lawsuit isn't enough.  I have a sister that was raped in her 20's a mother that was almost raped in her teens and a wife that was sexually assulted while working at the exchange on a military base. My wife got fired after she reported the assult while the punk that grabbed my womens breast kept his job for almost 3 years after this happen. Since the crime was on a military base between two civilians it had to go to federal court and it took over two years to get to court.

So I take this personal. I'm a guy and I strongly stand against such action and behavior. I support capitol punishment in cases like this.My heart goes out to the victims and the family of the victims. I know how hard it is to give it to our legal system when you want to k--l the #$%^@#$ that violated the women in your life. If you can't respect a woman and treat her like a lady without forcing yourself on her. You are not a man!

I'm going to cancelled my kids subscribtion to WoW right now. I don't play WoW. but my kids do or should I say DID.

This post was edited by Vander at August 29, 2021 11:59 AM PDT
    • 223 posts
    August 31, 2021 3:33 AM PDT

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. People close to me have gone through similar experiences; they report it to the authorities, or their HR department, and are either laughed out or fired. Sickening.

• 41 posts
    August 31, 2021 6:56 AM PDT

Lafael said:

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. People close to me have gone through similar experiences; they report it to the authorities, or their HR department, and are either laughed out or fired. Sickening.

Having worked in the corporate world for a variety of companies, I'm sad to say the the HR department is not there to help the employee, but to protect the interests of The Company.  Often, going to the HR department to report an infraction is the LAST thing you want to do.  I've heard so many horror stories of employees who were harassed or even fired after talking to HR.  It saddens me even more that such things were happening at Blizzard, the company that I once revered.

• 223 posts
    August 31, 2021 7:06 AM PDT

Oh the stories I could tell...