Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Any JRPG Fans?

• 122 posts
    August 9, 2020 4:22 PM PDT

Hey all, I was just curious if we had any jrpg fans here?  If so, what was your favorite one?  Mine was probably Legend of Dragoon on the ps1. Loved the story and the addition system behind it, I thought it was very interactive and better than just choosing an action to take.  Plus the pre rendered backgrounds and music in the game is beautiful!

I recently saw that a lot of the team that made the Suikoden games made a kickstarter that's going on now for their own IP called Eiyuden Chronicle and got really excited for it.  It reminds me a lot of old school jrpg's so it made me wonder who else here enjoys single player games like jrpgs.

This post was edited by Morraak at August 9, 2020 4:25 PM PDT
    • 633 posts
    August 9, 2020 4:49 PM PDT

My favorite was Lufia, came out on SNES back in the day.

• 122 posts
    August 11, 2020 4:03 AM PDT

I've never played that, what was your favorite thing about it?

• 633 posts
    August 11, 2020 4:04 AM PDT

Mainly the storyline, was a very well portrayed story.  The gameplay was OK and the combat was OK, especially for its time.  But the story was excellent.

• 264 posts
    August 24, 2020 6:14 PM PDT

Yes. I enjoy the Final Fantasy series, Dragon Quest series, Grandia, Chrono Trigger, Lufia, Skies of Arcadia, Lunar 1 and 2, the list goes on. My favorite is a tough choice between Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6. I play a lot of RPGs in general but especially JRPGs. On the topic of Lufia I think the music was the greatest asset of both 1 and 2...and on Suidoken I've only played the 3rd one and the divergent storylines were interesting. I never actually played Legend of Dragoon, will get around to it eventually.