Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

AoC in 4K.

• 844 posts
    June 3, 2020 1:44 PM PDT

I like to track games in genres I enjoy. Have done it for decades.

I've been mildly following Ashes of Creation as one of them.

They just dropped their May newsletter and I was giving it a cursory look and noticed a link for 4K footage.

Now I switched over to 4K about 5 years ago and have never looked back.

I use Samsung TV's for my 4K pc monitors and find them superior in every way to regular monitors. Their crisp sharpness, liminosity, color accuracy, etc.

I have a 50", and 2 40" 4K displays. They provide an enormous desktop workspace.

So I was intrigued on how the AoC 4K footage would look.

https://youtu.be/fkwaYLOuw2s

And I was happy to see it's wonderful.

Now I can't say anything about gameplay as I haven't looked closely at AoC yet. But now, after seeing the 4K gameplay I am proceeding to do so.

• 560 posts
    June 3, 2020 9:34 PM PDT

I stopped watching as soon as I saw them blocking the doorway and then a fight started. It seemed like a mean thing to do and then I remember it was a PVP game.

I am still trying to imagine the wall of TVs you have.

• 844 posts
    June 4, 2020 9:22 AM PDT

Yeah sadly pvp in these games is mostly devolved griefing and designed to trigger spending to manifest people wanting to buy the best gear and uber powers.

Here is an old picture. I need to update it.

The desk I made custom for my home office. Had a lot of fun.

I have found over the decades of computer use that I constantly go under the desk to check something or re-route a wire.

So I embedded LED strips in the underside of the entire desk, both lower and upper tiers. Then I linked them to an Amazon dot and can control the light with voice.

This post was edited by zewtastic at June 4, 2020 9:31 AM PDT
    • 560 posts
    June 4, 2020 11:50 AM PDT

Looks cool thanks for sharing.

• 844 posts
    June 4, 2020 5:40 PM PDT

starblight said:

I stopped watching as soon as I saw them blocking the doorway and then a fight started. It seemed like a mean thing to do and then I remember it was a PVP game.

Unfortunately, like it or not, observe where AoC is in progress with their pre-alpha. And where VR is.

Not a good feeling if you hope to ever see this game really happen.

• 560 posts
    June 4, 2020 5:55 PM PDT

I get peoples concerns but I am fine with waiting. I could be wrong with my faith but they have convinced me that Pantheon is in good hands and will be released. I have more fears it will be like most other MMO's and released too soon.