Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Playing together while waiting (and in "quarantine")

• 644 posts
    May 6, 2020 5:53 AM PDT

Like all of you, I am impatiently/enthusiastically/rabidly/fanatically/desperately waiting to enter Terminus.

While I wait, I am going to roll up a character on the Aradune EQ1 time-lock-progression server.  I've had a lot of fun on TLP's and am always enthused by the huge number of people that play on them.   The server launches 5/27 so if anyone wants to start playing together, join the TLP and send a tell to Fazool and/or Ethyre (my usual character names).   I might make another necro in which case I'll probably be named Hexen.

This post was edited by fazool at May 6, 2020 5:53 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    May 6, 2020 7:43 AM PDT

I like to group for some things but equally there are times when I just want to log on and accomplish things without having to find or organize a group that wants to do the same things I am up to. And then wait for them to get to the same location. And then wait while one or two have "unavoidable" but sometimes long afks.  Thus my emphasis on these forums on having Pantheon be a game that strongly encourages and rewards grouping but doesn't force it. Just as Vanguard never felt like a group-only game though there was a lot to group for.

I have been focusing on EQ2 rather than EQ. Because EQ seems to force grouping to a very large extent. EQ2 allows too much to be easily solod but with all due respect to EQ I find it goes to far in the other direction. Feel free to tell me that EQ isn't as bad these days and I may reconsider your suggestion.

This post was edited by dorotea at May 6, 2020 7:44 AM PDT
    • 1284 posts
    May 6, 2020 9:47 AM PDT

Dorotea, I have the same concerns but I'm afraid I lean toward the "forced" grouping side of things.  I really do hope there is plenty for me to do when I want to log in for a half hour (crafting, exploring, a solo mob or two) but if there is too much for players to do solo then it's no longer a community game.  Such a fine line huh.

• 18 posts
    May 7, 2020 9:35 AM PDT

I'm gonna hop on Aradune TLP, for at least a month.  I've been hesitant in the past to play on TLPs, particularly because I hate how Kronos just ruin/run the economy, but I'm gonna give this one a shot (I'll most likely be single boxing a Rogue) and see how I like it.

• 3 posts
    May 7, 2020 4:32 PM PDT

I may do the same. What time zone are you guys in so we can play together?

• 9115 posts
    May 8, 2020 5:25 PM PDT

Moved to Off-Topic

• 947 posts
    May 18, 2020 3:03 PM PDT

I'm debating between Aradune and Rizlona.  Aradune is going to be mostly people boxing so the RP will be very low and grouping will be "less" readily available than Rizlona.  But I'm definitely going to play on one of the servers for at least 1 month in homage to a game that will always have a place in my MMO heart.

@erekai - If you are single boxing a rogue, I would definitely recommend Rizlona, because of my above statement.  The group XP bonuses (on both servers) is insane (but boxing on Rizlona is prohibited and allowed on Aradune).

Add:  Whichever server I play on, I'll post my characters' name(s) here.

This post was edited by Darch at May 18, 2020 3:05 PM PDT