Forums » Fan Creations

Roku, the Dark Myr

• 119 posts
    August 2, 2018 2:50 AM PDT

Now that I'm all super pumped for Pantheon after catching up on news, videos and just generally consuming every piece of info about the game I could find... it's time for my favorite part that comes only second to actually playing the game :D

I've been in a rut of playing melee characters for the last 10 years or so and because of that I've decided that Roku will, this time 'round, be a caster of some sort! Hence... the generic title, haha. I think the last time I actually laid into a spellcaster was a Wizard in Luclin-era EQ, and everything since then has just been a daliance. Enchanter probably tops the list. Though I'm not ruling out Bard as a possibility since most games don't even present the opportunity to play one!

I'm torn between Dark Myr, Archai and Gnome, so I figured I'd start with my top pick and base my character on that. Roku, the somewhat forgetful and clumsy spellcaster is born! If you request her magic, it's best to double check that she's casting the correct thing on you. You don't want to get mesmerized mid-fight and watch helpless as your group gets rolled over, or be transported across the world to city where you're a person of ill-repute. (woopsie moments are of course dependant on what career she decides to pursue after graduating from).

Edit; consolidated all the drawings to the first post so there's less scrolling involved.

This post was edited by Rokuzachi at January 30, 2019 12:27 AM PST
    • 154 posts
    August 2, 2018 1:26 PM PDT

Awesome art! thank you for sharing! 

• 119 posts
    August 3, 2018 10:09 AM PDT

Thanks! Next up I think I'll run through my other potential race choices ^^

• 186 posts
    August 3, 2018 4:19 PM PDT
    Really cool work :)
    • 154 posts
    August 3, 2018 5:58 PM PDT

Rokuzachi said:

Please do! I would read Pantheon comics or watch a manga based on your characters. I could even offer to write and you draw :)

• 119 posts
    August 3, 2018 8:59 PM PDT

Ithaca said:

Rokuzachi said:

Please do! I would read Pantheon comics or watch a manga based on your characters. I could even offer to write and you draw :)

That could be fun! My production speed is pretty lacking, but a 4-panel sort of deal seems like it'd be doable.

This post was edited by Rokuzachi at January 30, 2019 12:26 AM PST
    • 119 posts
    August 6, 2018 6:32 PM PDT

Getting more and more excited about the casters, can't wait for the full reveal! The enchanter from today's All-Star stream had some abilities that sounded quite promising. Definitely not opposed to Roku being an Enchanter rather than a blasty Wizard!

In my unchecked excitement, I decided to whip up another picture of her as a Dark Myr 'caster'. Probably do a few more revisions before I settle on a final design (which of course will be subject to more changes based on what customization options are available in game, what class she settles on... it's a never ending cycle!).

This post was edited by Rokuzachi at August 6, 2018 6:51 PM PDT
    • 119 posts
    August 8, 2018 1:07 PM PDT

Well, the Caster reveal has nudged dear Roku towards the college of Enchanters, though Wizard is still a strong contender, with Summoner trailing a bit.

After the all-star stream, and seeing the icon for Enshire's Faint Whisper, I decided I'd do a silly crossover. Original version used the Clarity icon from EQ which I thought is a bit more recognizable as a mana regen buff, but I figured... well, this isn't EQ, so hey, we're gonna use Enshire's icon! (From what I could see on the stream, this is what I thought the icon was. I kinda like the old 'your brain is on fire with mana!' Clarity one more, but this is still good).

(This is Roku mimicking the mascot of Fujiya Co., Peko-chan. They're well known for the candy 'Milky', the slogan of which is 'Milky tastes like mama'. Instead of pedaling candy though, she's pedaling that mana regen we all know and love!)

This post was edited by Rokuzachi at August 9, 2018 1:14 AM PDT
    • 186 posts
    August 9, 2018 8:17 PM PDT
    I really like these! Great job :)
    • 119 posts
    August 10, 2018 12:38 PM PDT

My own imagination continues to push Roku ever towards Enchanter, though the prospect of dealing with charm is a bit troublesome. Wizard is still on the table, partly due to this! But in the meantime, silly Enchanter drawings are what's popping into my head.

NO MANA? NO PROBLEM!

VitaKorp3n said: I really like these! Great job :)

Thank you!

• 119 posts
    August 23, 2018 12:52 AM PDT

Suddenly got busy at work and didn't have any Roku-time on my hands, but after the Community Stream I felt motivated to make myself a correct forum icon!

• 186 posts
    August 23, 2018 9:55 AM PDT
    Absolutely love this! Great work @Roku :D
    • 119 posts
    September 5, 2018 11:41 AM PDT

Thank you!

Had a bit of a break, which was made a bit longer since I was pretty well at the center of Typhoon Jebi in Osaka ._. 

But! Roku's back, and she's thinking about teaching Enchanting 101 so everyone knows how to be an effective Enchanter when the game goes live! (Reminder; she's kind of a dunce)

• 119 posts
    January 25, 2019 7:28 AM PST

Took a little hiatus from Pantheon stuff just to refresh and let some good info accumulate.  Accumulate it did! Was so excited to catch up on the news, and even got back to playing in P99 a bit to satisfy the craving for something nostalgic. I wanted to draw Roku a little more just to keep my own hype about the game going so I spent my days off binging Pantheon info and doing that.

• 119 posts
    January 30, 2019 12:30 AM PST

Roku in sort of a 'movie poster' layout with past members of the guild (Cascading Failure) and other people she's adventured with. Dwarf Cleric, Ogre Monk, Halfling Ranger. Not necessarily all Pantheon-allowed combinations, but they come from a variety of MMOs and of course Dungeons and Dragons.

This post was edited by Rokuzachi at January 30, 2019 12:33 AM PST
    • 217 posts
    February 1, 2019 5:08 PM PST

gr8 work

• 119 posts
    February 2, 2019 9:31 AM PST

Thanks!

It's awfully cheesey as I'm incapable of writing humor, but I did this over my weekend.

Maybe she'd be better off trying Wizard, though failures with that kind of magic would probably be even... better?