Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 319 posts
    November 23, 2017 4:32 AM PST

One thing either I missed or was not mentioned was the fact that starting cities will have more than one zone. Will they be like eq's freeport/qeynos and other larger cities that have more than one zone?

• 1281 posts
    November 23, 2017 4:43 AM PST

They didn't really say in any of the videos, but I suspect that each city will be one big zone.  Zomes appear to be very large in Pantheon.

• 3852 posts
    November 23, 2017 7:13 AM PST

Probably matters less than it used to for many players with solid state drives becoming so common - zoning is far faster with a SSD unless the game system slows it down a lot. Though it is good to have zones large enough that you can see for a fair distance.

• 9115 posts
    November 23, 2017 4:04 PM PST

Each Race will have their own starting city :)

• 1019 posts
    November 23, 2017 4:37 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Is Thornefast a "typical" starting city, or is it exceptionally larger than most cities?

• 1281 posts
    November 23, 2017 4:56 PM PST

I am hoping that there are going to be cities and villages that aren't starting cities.  I don't mean a village like two or three buildings together, although that will be cool too, but like a bunch of buildings.

A (water) floating city would be cool.

• 249 posts
    November 23, 2017 5:04 PM PST

Kalok said:

I am hoping that there are going to be cities and villages that aren't starting cities.  I don't mean a village like two or three buildings together, although that will be cool too, but like a bunch of buildings.

Of course! There are also going to be non-player races with cities. 

• 249 posts
    November 23, 2017 5:04 PM PST

Kittik said:

Kilsin said:

Is Thornefast a "typical" starting city, or is it exceptionally larger than most cities?

It's quite significant in the lore...I would guess that it's quite large...if not the largest city

• 249 posts
    November 23, 2017 5:05 PM PST

Kilsin said:

I don't think you guys have confirmed this yet. First I've seen it from you at least. So...awesome! I've seen people on YouTube asking if races shared starting cities so that's good to know. 

• 1281 posts
    November 23, 2017 5:18 PM PST

Ashvaild said:

Kalok said:

EQ didn't really have an what I would call cities that weren't racial starting cities.  I think Vanguard only had a couple when I played it, so I was speaking from that perspective.

• 207 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:20 PM PST

Kalok said:

Ashvaild said:

Kalok said:

EQ didn't really have an what I would call cities that weren't racial starting cities.  I think Vanguard only had a couple when I played it, so I was speaking from that perspective.

Thats kind of a bummer....I remember back to my days on ffxi as a new player. Asking questions and learning about the game and people kept telling me "Wait till you get to Jeuno!"

Then I got to Jeuno....the big city...one of the major hubs for players to gather and form parties. Me barely surviving my journey to this city and seeing all these high level players in gear that was just amazing to look at, so many people in one city...not a rinky dink starting town but a place that felt so active with life where players from all over the game world had traveled to sell wares, or form parties, or recruit for guilds or whatever. I hope to see a major hub city(or cities) like this where all players head to in oder to perform business. 

• 1281 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:35 PM PST

Grimix said:

Kalok said:

Ashvaild said:

Kalok said:

Thats kind of a bummer....I remember back to my days on ffxi as a new player. Asking questions and learning about the game and people kept telling me "Wait till you get to Jeuno!"

Then I got to Jeuno....the big city...one of the major hubs for players to gather and form parties. Me barely surviving my journey to this city and seeing all these high level players in gear that was just amazing to look at, so many people in one city...not a rinky dink starting town but a place that felt so active with life where players from all over the game world had traveled to sell wares, or form parties, or recruit for guilds or whatever. I hope to see a major hub city(or cities) like this where all players head to in oder to perform business. 

That must be a post PoP city.  When did that city get introduced?  Sounds like it could have been interesting.

• 207 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:40 PM PST

Kalok said:

Grimix said:

Kalok said:

Ashvaild said:

Kalok said:

That must be a post PoP city.  When did that city get introduced?  Sounds like it could have been interesting.

Not everquest lol Final Fantasy 11

• 2886 posts
    November 23, 2017 7:40 PM PST

Way, way back in the early days there were thoughts to have 3 starting cities (good, neutral, evil). But for the past few years, they've said they're working on a starting city for each race. Even though it's a lot more work, it's worth it. The lore on the website tells you what each race's home is:

Archai - Su'Roa

Dwarf - Khadassa

Dark Myr - Syronai's Rest

Ogre - The Broken Maw

Human - Thronefast

Halfling - Sorhiryth (in Wild's End)

Elf - Faerthale

Gnome - Skyhold

Skar - Skargol

• 793 posts
    November 24, 2017 3:48 AM PST

In one of the videos they were ina trading post that looked like it was outside the city, and I recall a picture Kilsin posted of a small village somewhere.

• 35 posts
    November 24, 2017 5:00 AM PST

i am wondering if each class has his own starting area (city) how close together the will be. 
    reason for my question is the class race restrictions. Does this mean till lvl 10 you have solo stuff? 
    and after this some races will met together for grouping? Ok we will see.
    hopefully these areas would not be dead after a while because its a lot of work to create these areas and the content in it.

• 319 posts
    November 24, 2017 5:59 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Yes I believe that will be the case. However my question still remains unanswered. Will the cities consist of more than one zone. As in eq1 freeport had 3 zones. qeynos had 2 zones I believe. and other cities had more than one zone. I am talking of the city itself. Not including sewers and dungeons inside the city. Just the city proper itself.

• 1281 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:28 AM PST

One thing I am hoping, based on the video.....

In the most recent video of Thronefast, just about everything that you would go to a city for is packed into the "front quarter" of the city.  They didn't really talk about it, but I am hoping that there is alot more depth to the starting cities and reasons to go "deep" into the starting cities.  If everything can be handled in the "front quarters" of the starting cities, I can envision the starting cities being abandoned wastelands post levewl 20 or so.  I don't want to see that happen given the size and lore of the game.

• 1281 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:30 AM PST

I would also like to see "class specific" stuff deeper into the cities.  Again using the video as an example.

When you first go into the city, the "training" location for the Warrior classes is just inside the gates to the left.  I am hoping that the Rogue training centers are hidden, the caster training centers are in "wizard towers", the healing casters are in "temples", etc.

I, personally, have no problem going 'deep" into a city to have to do things.  That's part of what brings the city alive.

• 249 posts
    November 24, 2017 8:41 AM PST

Maybe not original eq (there were villages/small places like HighHold) but not cities... But there were some with expansions. I only played until Luclin but I enjoyed Fironia vie and the velious cities

• 1281 posts
    November 24, 2017 8:46 AM PST

Ashvaild said:

Maybe not original eq (there were villages/small places like HighHold) but not cities... But there were some with expansions. I only played until Luclin but I enjoyed Fironia vie and the velious cities

I know I am alone in this, but Thurgadin was one of my favorite Velious cities.

• 9115 posts
    November 24, 2017 4:35 PM PST

Ashvaild said:

Kilsin said:

I don't think you guys have confirmed this yet. First I've seen it from you at least. So...awesome! I've seen people on YouTube asking if races shared starting cities so that's good to know. 

We have mentioned this many times, in streams, on this website etc. as it was a major decision that was changed back in the early days when we were going to have just 3 starting cities and group 3 races together in each one. ;)

• 3016 posts
    November 24, 2017 6:53 PM PST

Kilsin said:

And THAT will be right up my alley..plan on visiting them ALL :)

• 3016 posts
    November 24, 2017 6:57 PM PST

Kalok said:

One thing I am hoping, based on the video.....

In the most recent video of Thronefast, just about everything that you would go to a city for is packed into the "front quarter" of the city.  They didn't really talk about it, but I am hoping that there is alot more depth to the starting cities and reasons to go "deep" into the starting cities.  If everything can be handled in the "front quarters" of the starting cities, I can envision the starting cities being abandoned wastelands post levewl 20 or so.  I don't want to see that happen given the size and lore of the game.

Have mentioned this before..just a wish of mine,  a reason for high levels to return to their starter city,  such as dungeons underneath...possibly even raid type dungeons.    And that merchant row we saw in the livestream, would be yet another reason to return.   things to do! :)

• 338 posts
    November 25, 2017 4:21 AM PST

I'd prefer starting villiages instead of starter cities personally...

Kiz~