Forums » Community Sites

Facebook Blue Checkmark

• 14 posts
    September 18, 2017 2:27 PM PDT

I just followed your Facebook page the other day, once the link came out in the most recent newsletter.  However, I noticed your Facebook page doesnt have the blue checkmark.  Now I assumed its you. You provided a direct link to that page. But are you planning on getting the blue checkmark soon?  Just wondering.   I know some people get all nervous about posting on unconfirmed pages. 

If someone has already mentioned this, Sorry.  I scrolled through about 13pages of search before I figured it was safe.

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    September 19, 2017 5:54 AM PDT

Hi Rigor, thanks for bringing this up.

When it comes to the blue verified badge, unfortunately this is something brands no longer have control over. Facebook no longer accepts applications or requests to apply a blue verified badge. Instead, it is something they assign themselves. You'll notice many, if not most new titles outside the major established studios do not have the badge because of this. We have no way of knowing or influencing facebook in this decision, but they DO have all the required information for us--our contact info, founding date, website, address, etc.

That being said, business badges (the gray checkmark) are still obtainable by the companies, and we have done so on our Visionary Realms facebook page.

-Benjamin Dean, Director of Communications

This post was edited by BenD at September 19, 2017 5:57 AM PDT