Forums » News and Announcements

The Team Continues To Get Stronger!

• 9115 posts
    May 19, 2017 4:02 AM PDT

David Schlow joins the team as the Producer of Promotional Content. David is the former Creative Director of Men’s Journal magazine where he oversaw both the Art and Photo departments. Before that, he was Deputy Design Director at both Entertainment Weekly and People Magazine.

A closet D&D fan, David let his geek flag fly after he received a demo disc for EverQuest Online Adventures with his Playstation 2 network adapter. From there he was hooked. Leading guilds in many MMOs from EQ to EQOA to EQ2 to Vanguard to Rift. His most memorable MMO moment was in EQOA when his dog jumped on his lap, accidentally sending an arrow that pulled Lord Nagafen and trained his entire guild. (Noob!)

In his (not so) spare time David writes TV scripts. His pilot for a sci-fi adventure series, named Jackrabbit, recently placed second in Scriptapalooza and he’s also a big ice hockey fan.

Please join us in making him feel welcome!

• 624 posts
    May 19, 2017 4:08 AM PDT

More folk, more fun!  Welcome David, great to hear how well your CV matches with Visionary Realms needs.  Better still to see that your gaming geekiness is a solid fit for Pantheon.  Here's hoping your dog survived the Naggy train!

• 31 posts
    May 19, 2017 4:17 AM PDT
    Welcome David! We just got one step closer to completing an awesome game. It's great that you have an extensive EQ history, you will fit right in. Lol ☺️
    • 2886 posts
    May 19, 2017 4:33 AM PDT

Welcome! It's interesting that promotional content is already a priority. I'd say that's a good sign.

• 78 posts
    May 19, 2017 4:34 AM PDT

Welcome David, good to have you in the team.

• 781 posts
    May 19, 2017 4:46 AM PDT

Welcome David :)  Glad you could join us !

• 780 posts
    May 19, 2017 4:52 AM PDT

Wait, I thought you guys were going to hire oneADseven for this?  Well, I reckon you can't go wrong with a hockey guy.

• 1399 posts
    May 19, 2017 5:23 AM PDT

Welcome aboard David

• 10 posts
    May 19, 2017 5:37 AM PDT
    Welcome!!!
    • 41 posts
    May 19, 2017 6:23 AM PDT

Promotional content...spreading the word...getting ready for some (pre) alpha action!  Welcome David!

• 110 posts
    May 19, 2017 6:33 AM PDT

Welcome

This post was edited by Evorus at May 19, 2017 6:33 AM PDT
    • 29 posts
    May 19, 2017 6:53 AM PDT

Welcome in! :D

• 157 posts
    May 19, 2017 7:18 AM PDT

David, if you havn't already, research utilizing twitch.tv (when the time is right) for increasing awareness and exposure of the game. There are several VIP's & others who would love the opportunity to hype / praise / attract to Pantheon for hours on end, who would also do it for free with pleasure, as it mutually benefits them to increase their viewership/popularity over time. If you can teach them how to maximize the positives and potential, and mitigate showing unfinished / unpolished areas or mechanics; perhaps giving them some moderate scripting to follow, or disclaimer info on their channel pages, I feel it could only be a draw to the game overall.  With the demonetization of many youtube content creators, some have been migrating to the twitch platform. Over the last year, twitch has dramatically increased overall viewers, broadcasters, revenue, etc. It's been blowing up faster than ever, having partnered with Amazon, and taking advantage of it as soon as possible could lead to a surge of new blood. Sure, a dev stream is great every once in a while, but it's also captivating to see the fun, camraderie, cooperation, challenge, and ultimately the rewarding nature of hard work over time by real players in a game like this, even in its early stages.

Things to consider: Limit # of hours streamed per day per broadcaster, and implore them to broadcast at the same time(s) every other day (or whatever kind of schedule you think would be the best at hooking potential customers, but not overloading them with constant streaming). Consistency is key and works best for maintaining viewership, and increased viewership leads to even more viewership. Reoccuring giveaways could be a big draw to the channel(s) as well. Have day + night streamers.

I realize NDA's exist and the need for them, especially with MMO's, but it remains worth consideration.

*shrug*.. just thinking out loud really. Might just be impossible, but thought I'd try to share, as I'm only interested in helping to see the game succeed. I know for my part, I'd subscribe, tune in, support, defend and recommend these would-be twitch channel(s) regularly, and in fact, already have been supporting streamers who are playing games like EQ as a waiting room for Pantheon.

Regardless, welcome to VR :) Always great to see team additions!

• 30 posts
    May 19, 2017 7:27 AM PDT

Welcome to the fam ^_^

• 3852 posts
    May 19, 2017 7:33 AM PDT

Welcome.

• 1 posts
    May 19, 2017 7:46 AM PDT
    Welcome to the team David, and what an interesting background you have!! (And the most awesome of frost names as well!)
    • 111 posts
    May 19, 2017 9:06 AM PDT

Welcome to the team David! :). Looking forward to see some of your work.

• 278 posts
    May 19, 2017 9:34 AM PDT

Welcome to the Family David

• 294 posts
    May 19, 2017 11:34 AM PDT

Welcome!

• 542 posts
    May 19, 2017 11:49 AM PDT

D&D David <3 D&D David <33 D&D David <333
    Jackrabbit series where to see?
    Welcome Triple D,hearts and kissies from me

This post was edited by Fluffy at May 19, 2017 11:50 AM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    May 19, 2017 11:50 AM PDT

Welcome :).

Blaming your dog for accidently pulling Lord Nagefen is the oldest excuse in the book :P.

• 633 posts
    May 19, 2017 11:54 AM PDT

Welcome :)

• 16 posts
    May 19, 2017 11:56 AM PDT

Welcome David, I hope you'll feel right at home!

• 3016 posts
    May 19, 2017 12:04 PM PDT

Hail and Welcome to the Pantheon family David! :)

• 169 posts
    May 19, 2017 12:14 PM PDT
    Welcome sir. What server did you play eqoa on? It was my favorite game also. I played on PPO from 02 to 09