Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Easter Eggs

• 25 posts
    January 15, 2019 9:36 PM PST

I really hope VR has a load of easter eggs planed out.  I 'm really looking forward to being totally baffled by the world and why this thing is here or why that NPC is there or why I keep seeing this same random obelisk around and why is this one obelisk destroyed..

Like in EQ1:

Who is Opal Darkbriar and why are there 2 of her?

Who is Muxin and whats his sword for?

and did you know the runes on the side of the druid epic decodes into "May earth and sky protect you"?

The plane of mischief! like wtf was that.

Anyways I hope the devs have lots up their sleeves because that stuff is really fun.

• 12 posts
    January 16, 2019 8:33 AM PST

Ester the tester in unrest

I have to admit though, there might have been too many in a certain other game :)

This post was edited by Revox at January 16, 2019 8:36 AM PST
    • 1281 posts
    January 16, 2019 2:51 PM PST

macgregoroi said:

I really hope VR has a load of easter eggs planed out.  I 'm really looking forward to being totally baffled by the world and why this thing is here or why that NPC is there or why I keep seeing this same random obelisk around and why is this one obelisk destroyed..

Like in EQ1:

Who is Opal Darkbriar and why are there 2 of her?

Who is Muxin and whats his sword for?

and did you know the runes on the side of the druid epic decodes into "May earth and sky protect you"?

The plane of mischief! like wtf was that.

Anyways I hope the devs have lots up their sleeves because that stuff is really fun.

Easter Eggs aside, environmental "attention grabbers" ARE going to be a thing in Pantheon as a part of the Perception system.  They showed one in the Jim Lee video where there was a greenish boulder on the ground that if you looked closely at it resembled a carved face.  The audio cues changed a little bit too.  They stated that if the Perception system were implemented at the time, and you had a high enough skill, it would trigger a Perception cue.  So, yep, exploratory "oooooo" will be a thing that may produce tangible in-game results.

Now to Easter Eggs.  I know that they are REALLY limited to what they can do, thanks to trademarks and copyrights, but I hope that they throw little Easter Eggs and nods to the various games that they have worked on in the past.  That would be really cool.

• 1019 posts
    January 16, 2019 4:10 PM PST

macgregoroi said:

I agree but I also hope that if there is an NPC with a story of any sort, this NPC has explorable lore with him.