Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Why did you pick that race?

• 4 posts
    February 12, 2019 12:57 AM PST

Typically, it's lore/appearance for me; I usually find class choices I like after. The more otherworldly/unfamiliar in culture, appearance, etc the better. I really enjoy Pantheon's approach with gnomes and the skarr look incredibly interesting as a concept - I'm personally looking forward to playing them both.

• 49 posts
    February 13, 2019 7:32 PM PST

Reading the lore of Dark Myr just sealed the deal right away.  From creation of love and a glorious purpose to the anguish of our Lady Mother and twisting of our minds and bodies into  cursed anthropomorphic beings.

Betting there is some badass underwater zones near Syronai, and expecting the Nythirian Red to dwell within, and to perhps have found some  remaining breathable pockets of water from Nythir's sacrifice to live in, or like some have speculated are undead(which i think). High level zone for cousins of the master race. 

Plus the Dark Myr look badass.

Ermos be cursed.

This post was edited by Greenkrak2 at February 13, 2019 9:50 PM PST
    • 454 posts
    February 17, 2019 8:30 PM PST

I will be a healer.  Depending which healer is the most interesting and then race from there.  I can wait for more class and race info.

• 413 posts
    February 18, 2019 6:48 AM PST

Archai Monk - to me there is a natually infinity towards this combo.  I want to see how the elements playout in gameplay with the monk class and the Archai.

If this pans out in beta Monk will be my main.

Hafling Rogue - I find the Rogue reveal very intriguing on the utility side of things.  Hafling is a natural stealth fit and would be fun to roleplay.

Dwarf Pally - Considering that Brasse is on board, how do I not do this?  Really good chance this becomes my main.  Especially because I like to role-play.  I want to kick some undead ass.

• 30 posts
    February 18, 2019 7:33 AM PST
    Going from the eq1 perspective racial Stat perks helped early in the beginning and some even helped in the mid game (regeneration or elemental resistance). By.the endgame with gear and AA a mojority
    • 30 posts
    February 18, 2019 7:39 AM PST
    Sorry, posted by accident when typing with cell phone and saw no edit button.

By the endgame with gear and AA the majority of racial perks were moot. The only racial perk that could not be obtained through gear or AA was the ogres' front stun immunity, which is a godsend for high agro classes.