Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“What We Know” Mining

• 259 posts
    January 11, 2019 9:53 AM PST

“What We Know” Mining

I hope everyone had a great Holiday Season, I know I sure did. It was a very relaxing and much needed break. It’s 2019 and time to get back to supporting Pantheon!

“With the game in such early development these Harvesting, Crafting and Specializations are subject to change without notice.”

So, what do we know about Mining? We know a little more than we do about crafting as the harvesting section of the wiki has a lot of useful information. We also have the Official Pantheon Newsletter from October 10, 2018 that has the latest Harvesting Update. Here’s a link for those who haven’t seen it yet: Harvesting Q&A with the always insightful Corey LeFever. It’s worth the read! Most of my information will be from the January 17, 2018 Newsletter, here’s the link: Gathering Information – A Look at Pantheon Harvesting with an informative missive by  Corey LeFever. It shows a great description of each of the harvesting skills except the newly added scavenging skill which is discussed in the October newsletter. So onward…

Here’s what we know so far,

Once you’ve found your first pickaxe, you’re ready to start delving in caves, quarries, and passes for ore veins.

Ore types are dispersed throughout Terminus based on their local stratum, rather than by intended player levels within a given zone. As a result, some areas will be richer in certain gems and ores, with some zones having wholly unique materials.

Starting out a miner will find common ores and gems such as copper, tin, iron, jasper, onyx, quartz, and opal.

As they gain in skill miners will find themselves digging up more rare materials like gold, mithril, platinum, rubies, diamonds, and emeralds. Additionally, some creatures like golems and gargoyles can be mined with the correct skill levels and stronger pickaxes.

Regardless of a miner’s skill level they should be prepared to find lots of coal.

The primary use for mining yields is in crafting recipes for Blacksmiths and Stonemasons, with some overlap for Alchemists and Scribes.

Ore

The core of Mining lies in the ore veins and what you can find in them. They can be common rocks or be rare gems.

Name:

Copper
    Tin
    Iron
    Jasper
    Onyx
    Quartz
    Opal
    Gold
    Mithril
    Platinum
    Ruby
    Diamond
    Emerald

• 124 posts
    January 15, 2019 12:36 AM PST

Not entirely sure what the purpose of this post is, other than provide information. Which in itsself is good to know to be honest. Can't wait to try this type of mining out. Finding gold and a rare diamond in a newbie area because its next to mountains is a very nice mechanic. But having to go into dangerous territory next to a vulcano to get a more steady stream of diamonds only makes sence.

I only hope that the amount of coal gained is somewhat in balance with the demand for them, as current write up seems to be causing a big surplus on it. Or the other way around, i hope it is not too heavy to make it worthwhile to actually bring it to market. instead of dropping it to the ground and creating a supreme shortage (or forcing people to mine it themselves creating a possible surplus of the other materials).