Forums » News and Announcements

Newsletter Update

• 379 posts
    January 14, 2019 6:39 PM PST

Related:

• 134 posts
    January 15, 2019 6:47 AM PST

I was wondering where the news letter was. I was expecting it anytime between the 9th and today haha now I get it. Here I was thinking there was some huge alpha related news coming and thats why the newsletter got pushed back. Oh well.

• 230 posts
    January 15, 2019 7:15 AM PST

Bankie said:

I was wondering where the news letter was. I was expecting it anytime between the 9th and today haha now I get it. Here I was thinking there was some huge alpha related news coming and thats why the newsletter got pushed back. Oh well.

They moved the release of the newsletter to the 3rd Wednesday of each month.

So tomorrow is the big day

This post was edited by DracoKalen at January 15, 2019 7:16 AM PST
    • 523 posts
    January 15, 2019 11:26 AM PST

Yep, we'll see what they come up with.  The holidays probably killed a lot of the development of the game, plus they had some new hires that probably needed and continue to need some degree of acclimation and training.  I expect this newsletter to kind of suck, probably some highlights of the accomplishments of 2018 (which we already know), and I'm hoping some information on the new hirees.  They teased a few of them as significant, especially the character animation person.  Probably February until we get to see some new information on the actual game, but we'll see, I'm hoping I'm wrong.  

• 9 posts
    January 16, 2019 12:43 PM PST

Still newish to the forums, does the newsletter get delivered via email, or is the only delivery just coming here to the forums and reading it?

• 4 posts
    February 1, 2019 12:37 AM PST

You can sign up for the newletter to be sent to an email on the Pantheon site :)

• 9 posts
    February 3, 2019 6:41 PM PST

Soulinias said:

You can sign up for the newletter to be sent to an email on the Pantheon site :)

Thank you kind sir/madam!

This post was edited by BlackSmokeDMax at February 3, 2019 6:41 PM PST
    • 230 posts
    February 15, 2019 9:51 AM PST

5 days till next newsletter

• 523 posts
    February 15, 2019 2:51 PM PST

6 months since we've had one that has been informative in any manner.

September - Reason for having to resdesign the Skar, hype that Project Faerthale would be ready to go by PA4 (That ended up being way off).

October - Rehash of the Harvesting information from January of 2018, a few new tidbits.  Summoner tease.

November - Rehash of the Perception system which we already knew.  A couple screenshots of new Ogre, Elves, and Halflings.

December - Nothing.  News that Project Faerthale would not be done on time, instead pushed off well into 2019.  Some fluff pre-alpha tester pieces.

January - Nothing.  Review of 2018 which we already knew.  Interview with new lead animator who basically said there is a ton of work to do.

We haven't had a newsletter of note since August when the last of the class descriptions were revealed.  I'll predict this next newsletter contains nothing as well.  Maybe another interview with a new artist, some assurances the team is hard at work bringing Project Faerthale to life, and another lore piece or NPC description.  Hopefully I'm wrong and we get something that shows tangible progress on the game is being made.  We're still all waiting on the Druid and Summoner reveal as well.  A detailed list of Racial abilities would be nice as well.  Really, just something new would be nice.  Anything new.

• 2886 posts
    February 15, 2019 4:44 PM PST

Mathir said:

September - Reason for having to resdesign the Skar, hype that Project Faerthale would be ready to go by PA4 (That ended up being way off).

October - Rehash of the Harvesting information from January of 2018, a few new tidbits.  Summoner tease.

November - Rehash of the Perception system which we already knew.  A couple screenshots of new Ogre, Elves, and Halflings.

December - Nothing.  News that Project Faerthale would not be done on time, instead pushed off well into 2019.  Some fluff pre-alpha tester pieces.

January - Nothing.  Review of 2018 which we already knew.  Interview with new lead animator who basically said there is a ton of work to do.

We haven't had a newsletter of note since August when the last of the class descriptions were revealed.  I'll predict this next newsletter contains nothing as well.  Maybe another interview with a new artist, some assurances the team is hard at work bringing Project Faerthale to life, and another lore piece or NPC description.  Hopefully I'm wrong and we get something that shows tangible progress on the game is being made.  We're still all waiting on the Druid and Summoner reveal as well.  A detailed list of Racial abilities would be nice as well.  Really, just something new would be nice.  Anything new.

Natural ebb and flow of game design. Without exhaustively re-reading all those newsletters, I will say though that the November newsletter was not a "rehash of the perception system which we already knew." There were details in there about the perception system that were brand new. And you mentioned the new character model updates, which I would consider news. Also, last month, The Q&A with Ross Armstrong revealed that each race would have their own unique set of animations, which was considered pretty big news by many. And the Under Wraps that month also finally confirmed that there would be a website overhaul this year. That's all new information. So I wouldn't say it's been "6 months since we've had one that has been informative in any manner." It kind of depends on what you consider "informative" and if you're only looking for concrete details about PA5 and Alpha.

But anyway, the ebb of slow news due to the devs being hard at work is always followed by a flow of updates in a somewhat predictable fashion. And as someone who has watched this cycle for the past few years, from my perspective, we are approaching an upswing of one of those flows. However, I can't blame people at all for wanting to keep their expectations low to avoid disappointment.

• 379 posts
    February 15, 2019 9:36 PM PST

Mathir said:

Lol savage man, but I agree.

• 287 posts
    February 16, 2019 8:03 AM PST

The game is far from completion. People need to temper expectations. I have no doubt that VR is hard at work in getting the game prepped and ready to go with new zones for PA5 and if all goes well they'll put the final zones together for alpha. Hopefully there aren't some really bad bugs in PA5 that would necessitate a PA6, but that is what they are working hard on right now. Now way to tell until they get there though. Because there is so much going on, this will all take a LOT of time. I would not be surprised in the least if alpha didn't happen until closer to the end of this year.

• 74 posts
    February 17, 2019 4:58 PM PST

Thanks for the update. I eagerly await the newsletter every month.

~ CaffeineInjected ~

• 74 posts
    February 17, 2019 5:00 PM PST

@Fragile: However, one does Multi-Pass right through Terminus! :D

This post was edited by Caffeineinjected at February 17, 2019 5:00 PM PST
    • 8 posts
    February 18, 2019 8:36 PM PST
    Ohhh boy 2 days till newsletter, REALLY hoping for a new stream as well *fingers crossed*.
    • 230 posts
    February 19, 2019 7:08 AM PST

you're only a day away...

• 6 posts
    February 20, 2019 5:17 AM PST

DracoKalen said:

Hours

This post was edited by barod1989 at February 20, 2019 5:19 AM PST
    • 8 posts
    February 20, 2019 7:08 AM PST
    Minutes? Haha
    • 8 posts
    February 20, 2019 8:22 AM PST

I apprecaite the update. It's important to know when Information will be available :)

Keep up the great work guys!

Regards,

Fluffynoogins

• 134 posts
    February 20, 2019 9:11 AM PST

uuuhhh....seconds?

• 4 posts
    February 20, 2019 9:13 AM PST

• 6 posts
    February 20, 2019 9:31 AM PST

This post was edited by barod1989 at February 20, 2019 9:31 AM PST
    • 42 posts
    February 20, 2019 9:45 AM PST

My refresh button just broke

• 134 posts
    February 20, 2019 9:48 AM PST

barod1989 said:

DracoKalen said:

Hours

Restarting the timer at hours

• 15 posts
    February 20, 2019 9:51 AM PST

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one here looking for it.

This post was edited by Falorie at February 20, 2019 9:56 AM PST