Forums » The Dark Myr

Dark Myr - Shaman?

• 129 posts
    January 8, 2019 8:38 PM PST

So currently they aren't on the race/class matrix as a playable race for the shaman. However, do you guys think this is because the Terminus water was (is?) poison to them (aka lore)? Shaman's healing line is a Water Boon/Bane, and to me the most obvious race to be shamans would be the Dark Myr. I mean shaman have a ton more spells/utilities, however, the class role is mainly healer - which are Water-Based spells.

The water....it burrrnnnsss us.

Thoughts?

• 95 posts
    January 9, 2019 6:19 AM PST

Well as Dark Myr can be druids I'm not sure why they can't be shamans.

• 39 posts
    January 9, 2019 7:02 AM PST

DracoKalen said:

Yea, if they'd arrived on Terminus and all become druids, they could of harnessed Swiftgil's Fin continuously and avoided a very merky past. In hindsight, Nythir should of thought about this.

• 95 posts
    January 9, 2019 8:01 AM PST

JimmyEcho said:

DracoKalen said:

Yea, if they'd arrived on Terminus and all become druids, they could of harnessed Swiftgil's Fin continuously and avoided a very merky past. In hindsight, Nythir should of thought about this.

Well the issue was the water was poison to them, so even if they could breathe it, it was still killing them.

• 39 posts
    January 9, 2019 9:21 PM PST

DracoKalen said:

JimmyEcho said:

DracoKalen said:

Well the issue was the water was poison to them, so even if they could breathe it, it was still killing them.

Touché

• 129 posts
    January 14, 2019 9:42 PM PST

So....are we going with water is Poison thus Water magic is a 'no go'?

• 1276 posts
    January 15, 2019 12:38 AM PST

Maybe water magic is not a deciding factor in a class matrix, and not every race having a natural closeness with some elements does automatically get access to a class that can use it. I mean, the shaman is way more than just water magic. It's a whole concept by itself.