Forums » Pantheon Classes

What class do you plan to main

• 19 posts
    January 3, 2019 3:35 AM PST

Im just intressted to see what classes everone looking to main and alt.

Would love if you want to take this poll and pick wich class you going to main and wich you going to Alt.

There was a talk about maining classes and alt classes in Alpha and Beta test in Champion's Hangout , so im intressting to see what people looking to main when live version come and what alts we might see out there

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/ibimyx/class-to-main-and-alt-classes

This post was edited by Tricitum at January 3, 2019 5:45 AM PST
    • 1479 posts
    January 3, 2019 5:17 AM PST

No option for "won't play that class?". Won't vote as some classes aren't appealing me and I can't leave classes unchecked in the poll.

• 19 posts
    January 3, 2019 5:46 AM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

No option for "won't play that class?". Won't vote as some classes aren't appealing me and I can't leave classes unchecked in the poll.

Sorry about that, i missed that, i have updated it with the ability to pick "wont play that class"

• 1479 posts
    January 3, 2019 6:31 AM PST

Thanks mate !

• 38 posts
    January 3, 2019 1:38 PM PST

So far, I'm at the stage where I want to play a Dwarf or a Halfling, based on lore appeal. So I'm thinking either Dwarf Paladin or Halfling Druid.. maybe.. subject to change, or not. I DON'T KNOW! 

• 4 posts
    January 3, 2019 6:03 PM PST
    In really torn between ranger (main original eq character), druid (main eq2 character), and a shamen.....I anticipate one of the 3 becoming my main. It will really depend on how I enjoy the race/class combo I choose early on. I can't rule anything out as I have always enjoyed trying to learn several classes.
    • 100 posts
    January 4, 2019 12:47 AM PST

Sp far none there isn't any class I am really interested in except for the DIre lord but it's a tank and I don't to play tank again :). So I'll try and see what's available.

• 19 posts
    January 4, 2019 2:48 AM PST

Alpha and Beta is a good way to try out some classes and see what you wanna play.

I mained a Ranger and had a Rogue alt in EQ back in the days, so this time im thinking of going Enchanter or maybe going for Cleric

• 945 posts
    January 4, 2019 7:47 AM PST

Cool visual poll.  Although the class reveals haven't been officially announced, you may want to add necromancer and bard to the poll as well.  Some people will or wont play the classes regardless of seeing the reveal or experiencing the gameplay.  I know that the majority of my decision is going to be made based on gameplay/enjoyability of the class, followed very closely by the influence of the restrictions of the allowed races, then by character appearance and lastly in my priority comes the RP because if the other elements don't vibe with me, I will lose immersion and invevitably stop roleplaying and just start grinding (which I want to avoid if possible).  With that said, I'll likely main Warrior, Paladin, Druid or Bard (depending on above criteria) and alt one (or two) of those I don't main.

• 1 posts
    January 5, 2019 3:16 PM PST

I love self-healing tanks, so direlord is looking good to me! I'm also interested in enchanter and rogue-I'll have to try both out and figure out which one I like better. Sneaky-sneaky-backstab is kind of my default playstyle in most games, but I've never played a class that focuses as heavily on CC as enchanter, and it seems interesting! 

• 724 posts
    January 7, 2019 11:17 PM PST

Looks like there'll be a serious shortage of (melee) DPS classes! I guess that may be because the class reveals for them weren't as extensive as for the later revealed classes. So people don't have good a good idea yet what monks, rogues or rangers will be able to do. With more info coming, I would expect the numbers to shift quite a bit.

For myself, I'm leaning towards Paladin or Summoner currently.

• 124 posts
    January 10, 2019 4:50 AM PST

I think i will be maining a cleric or enchanter, and alting a warrior or ranger / druid.

Mainly because i think that the cleric and enchanter are 'most' worthwhile in groups, as shown in past there's only really 1 true healer and 1 true CC'er. (not that i don't value shaman, druid or bard, but history has taught me that they are more support than they are specialized in the intended field). And ofcourse, with a variety of tanks, when the healer is good, the chosen tank type doesn't really matter. Where the opposite doesn't apply as easily.

Ranger / Druid is mainly for being a hybrid. In most games i've played they are both team and solo players. This would give me something to do when i wouldn't be able to find a group. The warrior alt is just a means of staying true to my history in MMO's.

This post was edited by decarsul at January 10, 2019 4:59 AM PST
    • 9 posts
    January 12, 2019 12:26 AM PST

I voted unfortunately I think the poll will be weighted incorrectly. Since most pleople only have 1 "main" and perhaps a few alts, I would hazard a guess that most people selected "not playing" for the rest, wich makes it look like people aren't going to play any of the classes :)

We'll have to ignore the "won't play" options since they don't really give a clear picture, and focus instead on the percentage of main and alt. interesting results...seems that the support classes have the most votes for mains, followed by a few of the DPS and tank classes.

Personally, I plan on probably a paladin and/or rogue. it also depends on how the classes play overall once the game is available...the class concepts all sound great, but if one or more are clumsy and don't feel good, I probably won't play those.

• 4 posts
    January 12, 2019 9:32 AM PST

Going for Dire Lord for sure, new class concept for me, so it's a must try!

• 100 posts
    January 13, 2019 10:21 PM PST

Xalatal25 said:

Going for Dire Lord for sure, new class concept for me, so it's a must try!

How is the direlord is a new concept?
    This isn't the first tank class that wields a 2 handed weapon nor wears mails armor, nor regens his own health as past of his tanking mechanic.

What is it about that makes you feel it's something new?

This post was edited by Khraag at January 14, 2019 4:31 AM PST
    • 4 posts
    January 14, 2019 2:55 PM PST

Has I said, it is a new concept for me so yeah a '' tank class that wields a 2 handed weapon nor wears mails armor, nor regens his own health as past of his tanking mechanic'' is a new concept for me :).

• 19 posts
    January 16, 2019 10:47 AM PST

Now when we have had some people voting, it looks like it quite balance of classes, except rogue.

Shaman 15 %
    Enchanter 15 %
    Druid 11.5 %
    Paladin 10.5 %
    Cleric 7 %
    Wizard 7 %
    Summoner 7 %
    Dire Lord 7 %
    Ranger 7 %
    Warrior 6 %
    Monk 6 %
    Rogue 1 %

This is just from all votes i have taken in from diffrent threads that voted in my polls.

This post was edited by Tricitum at January 16, 2019 10:49 AM PST
    • 945 posts
    January 16, 2019 2:09 PM PST

Tricitum said:

Now when we have had some people voting, it looks like it quite balance of classes, except rogue.

Shaman 15 %
    Enchanter 15 %
    Druid 11.5 %
    Paladin 10.5 %
    Cleric 7 %
    Wizard 7 %
    Summoner 7 %
    Dire Lord 7 %
    Ranger 7 %
    Warrior 6 %
    Monk 6 %
    Rogue 1 %

This is just from all votes i have taken in from diffrent threads that voted in my polls.

I wonder if you could also associate certain classes appealing to certain personalities and those more inclined to play melee/DPS type characters are less likely to participate in polls on forums?  :)

• 1479 posts
    January 16, 2019 4:18 PM PST

Looks like healers will be really well represented (33.5%) with tanks comfortable with a good 23.5% ensuring fluid core groups compositions. Enchanters does even seem close to one per six man party.

I feel a bit sad for the under represented rogues but I feel their skill haven't got the time to shine for now, and just as warriors, they feel pretty "classic". No idea why monks are low however, and clerics might not yet have unveiled their special tricks to be chosen for now.

• 29 posts
    January 26, 2019 8:15 AM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

Looks like healers will be really well represented (33.5%) with tanks comfortable with a good 23.5% ensuring fluid core groups compositions. Enchanters does even seem close to one per six man party.

I feel a bit sad for the under represented rogues but I feel their skill haven't got the time to shine for now, and just as warriors, they feel pretty "classic". No idea why monks are low however, and clerics might not yet have unveiled their special tricks to be chosen for now.

Rogues always been a shitty class in like every game. No Ability to solo at all. Melee DPS meaning you are in the danger Zone all the time. And thats coming from a Rogue Main in Vanguard. Give them some Abilities that make them wanted in groups. Not just DPS. Something every group desires. Or a nice Ability to solo some. Lifetap Poisons , some nice dodging abilities, stuns ...

This post was edited by Nolaen at January 26, 2019 8:16 AM PST
    • 124 posts
    January 28, 2019 5:55 AM PST

Nolaen said:

Rogues always been a shitty class in like every game. No Ability to solo at all. Melee DPS meaning you are in the danger Zone all the time. And thats coming from a Rogue Main in Vanguard. Give them some Abilities that make them wanted in groups. Not just DPS. Something every group desires. Or a nice Ability to solo some. Lifetap Poisons , some nice dodging abilities, stuns ...

If only you could gain xp by pickpocketing guards huh?

• 90 posts
    January 28, 2019 7:48 AM PST
    I'm torn. So many classes look appealing.
    I really enjoy utility classes that can bring a lot to a group. But I also really enjoy healers.

I'm still undecided but I've chosen a couple to consider:

Cleric
    Shaman
    Bard
    Druid
    Summoner
    Rogue

I loved the idea of the EQ Bard and there just isn't an analogue in many games for it. Based on what I know about the classes, I'm favoring Summoner and Shaman. But rogue because it seems to be underrepresented. I'll probably try out a few in alpha or beta before I settle on something.
    • 6 posts
    January 28, 2019 10:57 AM PST

I will main a Warrior/Dire Lord, Cleric/Druid, Summoner, and a Wizard

• 10 posts
    February 1, 2019 1:35 AM PST

I am torn. I really want to main a druid but I feel like everyone will be doing that. I also love the shaman wolf pet and the rangers speed buffs... But then the rogue's sneaking and pickpocketing seems so useful! But if bard comes out in time for launch, it's an easy decision.

This post was edited by nosepilot44 at February 1, 2019 1:45 AM PST
    • 154 posts
    April 1, 2019 2:22 PM PDT

Pretty balanced as of today, April 1st 2019!