Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting warrior banners

• 768 posts
    December 18, 2018 1:57 AM PST

Similar to crafting throwing ammo and arrows for the rangers.

Would you like to see the Warriors' banners be player made or bought via npc's, as a possibility in the game?

Some mmo's don't allow you to use certain abilities if you don't have the proper items equipped. (main hand weapon, ammo, ranged weapon, etc.)

It would be an extra recipe alley for woodworkers and tailors.

Personally, I think. It would allow for a real dept feel for those abilities and it could provide an actual ("new"?) experience to that class.

I don't see it as being much different from crafting arrows for ranged attacks.

Any thoughts?

This post was edited by Barin999 at December 18, 2018 1:58 AM PST
    • 96 posts
    December 18, 2018 10:00 PM PST

I wouldn't mind it if it was only some wood, cloth, paint, rope but that's extra items to carry for only a small short duration buff. They would need to create a scaling recipe level for later levels and requireing better mats for increasing duration/strength. Otherwise it would be like carrying 400 level 1 arrows at level 60 everytime you go adventuring.

• 768 posts
    December 19, 2018 12:32 AM PST

SilkyWhip said:

I wouldn't mind it if it was only some wood, cloth, paint, rope but that's extra items to carry for only a small short duration buff. They would need to create a scaling recipe level for later levels and requireing better mats for increasing duration/strength. Otherwise it would be like carrying 400 level 1 arrows at level 60 everytime you go adventuring.

One way the recipes could go is that they could just be called Flagpoles or Banners. The main crafter would be woodworker but he'll need to interact with a tailor to get the fabric made. 

The woodworker would be able to finish the product. It could have no stats or general stats that have an impact on the banner of that warrior's choice is, during battle. When I say, no stats..I mean the item itself will boost the banner-related abilities in general. So by equipping it, the effects of all the banner-abilities are already elevated.

Another way is to allow for six different banners to be made. Equipping the banner in his ranged slot, the warrior can hereby optimize his preferred playstyle. Perhaps they prefer to use one or two types of banners. With this choice they costumized their stats to get the most out of those banner-abilities. And if he had the option of choosing crafted banners, he just might choose to purchase those banners that align with his preferred playstyle or choice of banner-abilities during combat. 

Somewhat similar to a rogue preferring a Direct-Damage poison instead of a Damage Over Time - or Root poison. They don't have to have a stack of all kinds of poisons in their bags at all times, they just buy what they need for that specific fight. Or they buy their preferred poison, based on their playstyle. 

It makes sense, that as the warrior grows in abilities or as content is released, new and better recipes will provide the warrior with better banners.

This post was edited by Barin999 at December 19, 2018 12:36 AM PST
    • 96 posts
    December 19, 2018 9:28 PM PST

I'd prefer it to be a single item that works in a "charm" slot instead of ammo (so you can still fire arrows) and have a 'banner' item type that gives a boost to the abilitys. They could be crafted, found, or quested like rare armor. There's nothing stopping you from learning enough of the tradeskills to craft one that you want.