Forums » The Warrior

Resilience?

• 44 posts
    December 17, 2018 7:06 AM PST

Do we know exactly what resilience does? 

Just started following warrior from another class I was deciding on. May have missed it. 

I've heard several people talk about resilience, and you build it up and try to keep it high. It gets knocked down and you build it up. There's abilities that restore it, etc etc

But what does it actually do? Do we know yet? 

The best I can gather is something like possibly a ward, or maybe it increases all your stats the higher it is? 

• 239 posts
    December 17, 2018 8:23 AM PST

armor mitigation?

• 44 posts
    December 17, 2018 8:31 AM PST

Valorous1 said:

armor mitigation?

It can't be base armor mit. Reading through some of the abilities and listening to some of the streams, resilience is like a resource. Something that is built up, drained, etc. 

Could be maybe an extra boost to armor mit maybe? 2000 base armor mit, plus 1000 Max armor mit from resilience....but I doubt that .

• 239 posts
    December 17, 2018 10:11 AM PST

I'd think of it as like a shield(meter) over your health. As you use abilities it protects more of your health and as you get hit it obviously lowers.

• 66 posts
    December 18, 2018 10:22 PM PST

Soo a spendable resourse that you generate by using certain abilities that affects your damage taken by a small % or set number per hit based on the amount of resource you have remaining. It's probably still being tweaked right now

• 36 posts
    March 4, 2019 3:00 PM PST

If resilience is indeed both a resource and a meter contributing to bonus armor mitigation this would make for a very interesting dichotomy.

• 44 posts
    March 6, 2019 11:01 AM PST
    Well I think that's the point borgy....I think the warrior is supposed to be THE meat shield! Just a pure form of this guy is just freaking tough to do dmg to.

I think warrior will be weak to magic, ...STRONG vs melee.

Direlord STRONG to magic, WEAK to melee.

Pally will be balanced but STRONG to undead.

Overall I think warrior will be the absolute raid tank, but I can see a direlord taking MT for a few select heavy magic bosses here and there. And pally will be OFF tank except vs undead....unless just subpar geared.
    • 505 posts
    March 16, 2019 4:10 PM PDT

Hoiyay said: Well I think that's the point borgy....I think the warrior is supposed to be THE meat shield! Just a pure form of this guy is just freaking tough to do dmg to. I think warrior will be weak to magic, ...STRONG vs melee. Direlord STRONG to magic, WEAK to melee. Pally will be balanced but STRONG to undead. Overall I think warrior will be the absolute raid tank, but I can see a direlord taking MT for a few select heavy magic bosses here and there. And pally will be OFF tank except vs undead....unless just subpar geared.

Something to keep in mind when trying to determine the difference between tank mitigation is that no class (even non-tanks) are "weak to magic" but the DL is more resilient to magic than the other classes... and weaker vs physical compared to the warrior (and likely the Paladin too).