Forums » News and Announcements

Seasons Greetings and a Happy Newsletter!

• 48 posts
    December 13, 2018 10:23 PM PST

While I am looking forward to playing this, I want them to lauch as close to when they are "done" as possible. It is hard to relaunch something, though as FFXIV proved, not impossible. I don't actually expect launch until late 2020 or 2021. But that is fine, other things to do, and if the game is good when it launches, then maybe it will do well. And if it is sooner while being "done" then a pleasant surprise for me.

• 74 posts
    December 14, 2018 5:19 AM PST

Really looking forward to the new zone and the new animations as well. Lots of good stuff going on here. 

~ CaffeineInjected ~

• 1247 posts
    December 18, 2018 9:59 AM PST

Merkades said:

While I am looking forward to playing this, I want them to lauch as close to when they are "done" as possible. It is hard to relaunch something, though as FFXIV proved, not impossible. I don't actually expect launch until late 2020 or 2021. But that is fine, other things to do, and if the game is good when it launches, then maybe it will do well. And if it is sooner while being "done" then a pleasant surprise for me.

Yep, totally agree. I think same holds true for expansions - that they are carefully thought out so they don't ultimately prove to be more damaging than helpful. 

• 23 posts
    December 19, 2018 8:15 AM PST

I don't have access to PreAlpha or Alpha, so I know my phase of testing is still quite far out. I'm wondering, though...

At some point I recall reading that Alpha is expected to last longer than PreAlpha. Is VR still expecting this to be the case?

• 80 posts
    December 19, 2018 9:27 AM PST

I wouldn't see why not. They are a lean team. These things take a long time. I just hope I don't kill my interest playing this game in the Alpha and Beta stages. lol

• 27 posts
    December 19, 2018 2:11 PM PST
    Thanks for the news VR. The lore on Spriggans was pretty cool.
    As far development goes, just get it done right and I'll be here waiting. I'm assuming no one here wants an SOE or EA hot mess....so patience is a golden virtue.
    • 15 posts
    January 9, 2019 8:35 AM PST

I just read this newsletter.  Your expectations and goals seem very realistic and left me feeling very encouraged about the near future!

• 230 posts
    January 9, 2019 9:14 AM PST

How many people keep clicking on "News" looking for January's already?

• 4 posts
    January 9, 2019 9:19 AM PST

DracoKalen said:

How many people keep clicking on "News" looking for January's already?

Click...