Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

I'm ready for Alpha.

• 23 posts
    December 9, 2018 10:22 AM PST

I finally got 2 new PCs built, (current PCs where over 5 years old), now we just need Pantheon Alpha to start :)

• 438 posts
    December 9, 2018 10:24 AM PST
    Nice dude. Happy for you
    • 24 posts
    December 9, 2018 11:12 AM PST

Thats great! I am also trying to do the same now as mine is 5-6 years old, more or less :) Can't wait for alpha too!

• 49 posts
    December 9, 2018 11:16 AM PST
    I’m rdy for Alpha as well. Can’t come soon enough.
    • 793 posts
    December 9, 2018 2:04 PM PST

I keep putting off my rebuild. Since Pantheon is the only game I intent to put major time into, I am putting off my build until closer to beta or release so I can get best bang for my buck.

My system runs fine for anything I currently dabble in, so no reason to force a build.

This post was edited by Fulton at December 9, 2018 2:07 PM PST
    • 3852 posts
    December 9, 2018 2:10 PM PST

Mine is about 5 years old too - I am sure it would run Pantheon just fine but nonetheless I expect to replace it shortly before alpha. May all Gods of Terminus grant that alpha will come soon (TM).

• 48 posts
    December 9, 2018 4:55 PM PST

Mortam said:

I finally got 2 new PCs built, (current PCs where over 5 years old), now we just need Pantheon Alpha to start :)

It feels like I have been saying I will do this for 3 ish years now but I cannot convince myself to build a system before the game has a definitive release date (or at least tentative). Though that does kind of bite me since I also like gaming on PC in general (over my PS4), mostly because settings and mods (playing as Lilith in Borderlands 2 right now, since it was just made possible a week or so ago).

I have been thinking maybe to gut my current PC and make it an AMD system provided these new rumors of AMDs price/power for ryzen 3 and radeon 3000 series turn out to be true (still want my main system to be nvidia though, though I don't care as much on the cpu side). That way I can play other games at a better setting while I wait.

Really, the biggest issue I face is ultra wide screen or not, it sucks to not be able to try them out before buying to see if you actually think they are worth it. I may have to see about buying a cheap one and considering it a loss, since I would then need to buy a better one if I like it or a regular one if I don't.

Anyways, congrats on your upgrades.

• 4 posts
    December 10, 2018 10:00 AM PST

Merkades said:

Mortam said:

It feels like I have been saying I will do this for 3 ish years now but I cannot convince myself to build a system before the game has a definitive release date (or at least tentative). Though that does kind of bite me since I also like gaming on PC in general (over my PS4), mostly because settings and mods (playing as Lilith in Borderlands 2 right now, since it was just made possible a week or so ago).

I have been thinking maybe to gut my current PC and make it an AMD system provided these new rumors of AMDs price/power for ryzen 3 and radeon 3000 series turn out to be true (still want my main system to be nvidia though, though I don't care as much on the cpu side). That way I can play other games at a better setting while I wait.

Really, the biggest issue I face is ultra wide screen or not, it sucks to not be able to try them out before buying to see if you actually think they are worth it. I may have to see about buying a cheap one and considering it a loss, since I would then need to buy a better one if I like it or a regular one if I don't.

Anyways, congrats on your upgrades.

Ultrawide might be a good way to go for this game. I haven't tried them out myself yet, but you could always go to your local Fry's/BestBuy store, buy one and try it out for ~30 days and return if you don't like it. (Same thing with Amazon technically)

• 32 posts
    December 10, 2018 12:23 PM PST

Congrats on the new PC, I just did it myself about a month ago and i'm so glad I did.

I can say for the people thinking of going ultrawide, I did and I love it. I run at 3440x1440, just remember it's going to tax your video card and you may have to make a few sacrifices (depending how big of a screen you get and what you're running.) but I genuinely don't think I could go back. I love catching stuff in my peripheral vision and having to turn my head to look, the immersion factor is strong.

• 3852 posts
    December 10, 2018 1:07 PM PST

I haven't been really following regular size versus wide screen. Do you mean the wide modes that used to be pushed, and maybe still are, as best for movie viewing? 

I have ignored those since I don't watch movies on the PC I play games.

• 363 posts
    December 10, 2018 1:15 PM PST

If you have 16-32gb ram and 4gb on board your video card. That should be plenty.

• 42 posts
    December 10, 2018 1:23 PM PST

I’m looking forward to Pantheon, but honestly I can wait. There are tons of things I can do to fill my days. I have a backlog of excellent console games to play as well as Classic WoW to look forward to which will keep me entertained for a few months. Don’t fall into the trap of putting all your cards on one game, the anticipation will make you unhappy no matter how great it turns out.

Currently playing:

Darksiders 2 (dam the art in this game is awesome)

Horizon Zero Dawn (Excellent way to explore away an evening)

Frostpunk (ok replaying but dam this game has great atmosphere)

P99 – Ongoing

Smash Bro’ Ultimate (I used to be good at this franchise but it’s nice brushing up my skills)

Up next:

God of War

Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Stellaris (once the fix the bugs with new expansion)

Life is too short to spend it waiting on just 1 game to launch.

• 945 posts
    December 10, 2018 1:23 PM PST

I built mine this summer too.  Used BDO to test it out and its screaming.  It should be able to handle anything (client side) from PRotF.  It will be good for catching client to server bugs/glitches.

This post was edited by Darch at December 10, 2018 1:24 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    December 10, 2018 2:36 PM PST

Mortam said:

I too recently built a PC just for Pantheon:  Intel i7-7820-x Skylake 8-core (OC to 4.2Ghz) on an Asus ROG Strix X299 E-Gaming motherboard supporting 64GB DDR4 3000 RAM, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 2280 1TB SSD (just for games, OS sits on a separate SATA SSD), Asus ROG GTX 1080Ti Strix.  Motherboard/CPU and video card each have EK waterblocks.  Each has its own cooling loop consisting of an Enermax NeoChanger 400ML reservoir/pump going through an XSPC RX360 Triple 120MM radiators.  All this sitting inside a ThermalTake Tower 900 Black. All this pushes a 35" 3440x1440 100Hz curved screen monitor.

This post was edited by Vandraad at December 10, 2018 2:37 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 10, 2018 3:04 PM PST

Nice Mortam! Nothing better than that new PC feel :)

I have moved this to Off-Topic as it doesn't relate to General Pantheon.

• 134 posts
    December 17, 2018 5:20 AM PST

Yeah I am looking at updating my current laptop so that I can play pantheon on it. It mostly runs WoW right now but its a little choppy haha.

• 14 posts
    December 26, 2018 8:00 AM PST

You may have pulled the trigger too early. It's not coming out until 2022. ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)