Forums » The Ogres

Ogres or Orcs?

• 20 posts
    November 19, 2018 6:46 PM PST

Just curious if anyone else is seeing the latest November in-game character designs and thinking Ogres are looking too ORCish? They are similar looking in a way, but ogres should be thicker, wider, taller and uglier (if that's possible lol). The taller aspect I could forgive seeing as it's a line-of-sight issue in an MMO, especially in tight corridors, hence why shrink potions were a big help in EQ.

• 171 posts
    November 20, 2018 4:26 AM PST

When my friend saw the ogres for the first time in the latest picture he thought they where Orcs.

I love the ogre art myself though I think they did a fantastic job, I think the chain mail we see on the Ogre is covering his bulk up a bit.

• 4245 posts
    November 20, 2018 5:11 PM PST

The terms of ogres and orcs are both up to pretty wide interpretation. Both terms have taken many very different forms across multiple fandoms. I personally didn't immediately make a connection to orcs, but I could see where they are similar to orcs in some games. I guess it just depends on what you're used to. I think the ogres look great.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at November 20, 2018 5:11 PM PST
    • 5 posts
    January 28, 2019 11:38 AM PST

I agree with this 'ogres should be thicker, wider, taller and uglier" I'd say it another way as well... more 1st gen Ogre design from EQ and less of 2nd gen Ogre design.  Please!  I want to play an ogre and am not liking the take from the newer EQ models.  That said, the latest Pantheon models are an improvement over the earliest Pantheon versions.

This post was edited by Rock at January 28, 2019 12:28 PM PST
    • 193 posts
    January 28, 2019 2:12 PM PST

As long as ogres scratch their butts, we'll be golden!

• 5 posts
    January 29, 2019 9:33 AM PST

Fragile said:

As long as ogres scratch their butts, we'll be golden!

Quoted to reinforce the truth of this statement.  The character of Ogres were a blast!  Would love that.