Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pledge Questions... please don't throw things at me!

• 23 posts
    November 19, 2018 11:54 AM PST

Admittedly, I'm not the best at searching forums... but I did at least try!

1) I know it's been discussed but, is there any word on how many character slots we will have at launch? Some pledge packages offer an additional slot, but what is the standard?

2) What are "Item renaming vouchers?"

3) Will there be limitations on boxing (I wouldn't think so, considering pledges get 2 copies of the game, but I'm just making sure my perception is in-line with reality.

4) What exactly is "early name reservation" and when does that start? Are the characters who are in PA/A/B going to be able to keep their names at launch, will there be a set timeframe for pledgers to go reserve names outside of PA/A/B?

5) What will the monthly subscription amount be?

TIA, all.

• 2886 posts
    November 19, 2018 12:06 PM PST

All I'll throw at you are some facts lol. I appreciate you trying to search. The search function is a bit finicky at times. But fortunately, I've learned how to sweet talk some answers out of it...

1. From Kilsin: "We do not have a set number yet but that will be something we decide on a bit further down the track when we get closer to launch as we don't want to restrict character slots for testing but we will announce it once we have a definite number for you all. :)" (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3780/character-slots )

2. From Kilsin: "Yes, basically you will be able to rename some of your items, we have not fully set this in stone yet and are still working out some minor details like which items, whether they will show to others or not etc. but you will essentially be able to rename some of your items and at least you will be able to see them." (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2453/quot-item-renaming-vouchers-quot )

3. 10.4 Will multi-boxing be allowed in Pantheon?

Our reaction to multi-boxing is to try something first before we even entertain the idea of artificially restricting it. We want to make combat, especially mid and higher level combat, so tactically intense, with so much going on, so much to do, so much to counter, so many companions to keep alive and the timing of many abilities crucial, that multi-boxing is extremely difficult if not impossible and likely far inferior to having an actual real person in your group.

(It's worth mentioning though that the second copy of the game is mainly intended to give to a friend or family member, but it's up to you)

4. From Kilsin: "we will do a full wipe of all names, levels, loot etc. at the end of testing prior to launch then activate the early name reservations to lock names to accounts for the big launch day, either way, those who get in first with pledge purchases will be able to reserve the name first if it comes down to multiple people wanting the same name, which we think is the best and fairest way to handle it. So in a way it is a pre-reserve." (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3602/early-name-reservation )

5. From Aradune: "In general our sub cost will be the 'industry standard' which seems to be $14.99/month and has been for some time." (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3880/subscription-amp-you/view/page/2 )

This post was edited by Bazgrim at November 19, 2018 1:07 PM PST
    • 23 posts
    November 19, 2018 12:59 PM PST

Thank you so much!

• 2886 posts
    November 19, 2018 1:07 PM PST

Pradah said:

Thank you so much!

You're welcome! :)

• 1095 posts
    November 19, 2018 5:02 PM PST

Bazgrim still at it. :) 

• 1281 posts
    November 19, 2018 5:57 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

All I'll throw at you are some facts lol. I appreciate you trying to search. The search function is a bit finicky at times. But fortunately, I've learned how to sweet talk some answers out of it...

2. From Kilsin: "Yes, basically you will be able to rename some of your items, we have not fully set this in stone yet and are still working out some minor details like which items, whether they will show to others or not etc. but you will essentially be able to rename some of your items and at least you will be able to see them." (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2453/quot-item-renaming-vouchers-quot )

3. 10.4 Will multi-boxing be allowed in Pantheon?

Our reaction to multi-boxing is to try something first before we even entertain the idea of artificially restricting it. We want to make combat, especially mid and higher level combat, so tactically intense, with so much going on, so much to do, so much to counter, so many companions to keep alive and the timing of many abilities crucial, that multi-boxing is extremely difficult if not impossible and likely far inferior to having an actual real person in your group.

To add to what Bazgrim said.

2.  What WOULD be really cool is if you could rename your Epic Weapon and make it a "named weapon" and everyone could see the name, while the graphic for it stayed the same.  I'd imagine that Epic weapons will look appropriately Epic so that people know what they are looking at.

3.  If I recall correctly, they also mentioned something about not actively blocking people from multi-boxing too, but that was on the old Cohh Monk stream (the first one in SS).

This post was edited by Kalok at November 19, 2018 5:58 PM PST
    • 612 posts
    November 19, 2018 8:26 PM PST

In regards to Multi-Boxing, (ie Playing multiple characters at the same time)

Early Monk Gameplay Part 1 (46:50) - They answer this question.

Aradune says: "We do not have any plan to stop it, and we have no issue with it."

He then goes on to explain that his personal idea is that the game should be complex enough and require your attention enough that it's not going to be easy for people to manage more than their one character and still do a good enough job to be successful. He says 'If you can multi-task and multi-box and still pay attention and still do well, then more power to you'. But it will be easier said than done.

They also clarified that there will be no macro's or systems that allow you to automate gameplay.

• 3852 posts
    November 20, 2018 7:13 AM PST

While much appreciated, the links provided by Bazgrim should not be treated as guaranteed answers.

Some of the information is years old and much can change.

That isn't to say that I have any reason to think any of the answers are no longer what VR plans - but it is unwise to get too attached to what one person may have said more or less casually several years ago.

• 3016 posts
    November 20, 2018 5:07 PM PST

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Aradune says: "We do not have any plan to stop it, and we have no issue with it."

He then goes on to explain that his personal idea is that the game should be complex enough and require your attention enough that it's not going to be easy for people to manage more than their one character and still do a good enough job to be successful. He says 'If you can multi-task and multi-box and still pay attention and still do well, then more power to you'. But it will be easier said than done.

They also clarified that there will be no macro's or systems that allow you to automate gameplay.

I have my reservations about multi boxers..as witnessed on one of the servers in EQ about a year ago.   They tend to congregate in the newbie areas and hog all kills...if you're allowing multiboxers make a server for them and allow them to compete/hog areas against each other....not in newbie areas..starter areas.     I guess VR will have to witness this first hand in order to get what I am talking about.  The reason I say this..is we WANT new players to stick around...not be scared off by that kind of behavior.

Cana

• 2886 posts
    November 20, 2018 5:18 PM PST

dorotea said:

While much appreciated, the links provided by Bazgrim should not be treated as guaranteed answers.

Some of the information is years old and much can change.

That isn't to say that I have any reason to think any of the answers are no longer what VR plans - but it is unwise to get too attached to what one person may have said more or less casually several years ago.

Of course. As the game is in development, everything should be taken with a grain of salt and be considered subject to change. Nobody can predict the future, but the best we can go off of is whatever we've most recently heard directly from the devs. If every question were to be answered with "we don't know yet," it would give the illusion that the devs haven't even given any of this stuff any thought.

• 2886 posts
    November 20, 2018 5:20 PM PST

Aich said:

Bazgrim still at it. :) 

Always :) I'm currently in the process of shifting my focus to supporting the community on YouTube, Twitch, and other social media, which is why I haven't been on the forums quite as much as I used to. But I'm definitely still keeping an eye on you guys and if I happen to see someone ask questions that I know the answer to, I'll always take the time to help out :)

• 1281 posts
    November 20, 2018 6:32 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

I have my reservations about multi boxers..as witnessed on one of the servers in EQ about a year ago.   They tend to congregate in the newbie areas and hog all kills...if you're allowing multiboxers make a server for them and allow them to compete/hog areas against each other....not in newbie areas..starter areas.     I guess VR will have to witness this first hand in order to get what I am talking about.  The reason I say this..is we WANT new players to stick around...not be scared off by that kind of behavior.

Cana

You seem to forget that at least one member of the team was a developer of EQ and several others played EQ.  I suspect that they know at last as much about multi-boxing as any of us do, if not more.

• 3016 posts
    November 21, 2018 8:57 PM PST

Kalok said:

CanadinaXegony said:

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Cana

You seem to forget that at least one member of the team was a developer of EQ and several others played EQ.  I suspect that they know at last as much about multi-boxing as any of us do, if not more.

I haven't forgotten a thing..I was a tester before EQ launched.    I have witnessed the servers as they are today...Daybreak pretty much doesn't enforce anything any more..over there.   It's an eye opener...play nice policy..what's that something you eat?  :P   I was on Agnarr for a few months,  multiboxers pretty much rule the roost over there,  good luck completing anything as a new player when they're occupying the zone.    Xegony was a beta server back then when I was a tester.

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at November 21, 2018 9:01 PM PST
    • 1281 posts
    November 22, 2018 5:40 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Kalok said:

CanadinaXegony said:

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Cana

I haven't forgotten a thing..I was a tester before EQ launched.    I have witnessed the servers as they are today...Daybreak pretty much doesn't enforce anything any more..over there.   It's an eye opener...play nice policy..what's that something you eat?  :P   I was on Agnarr for a few months,  multiboxers pretty much rule the roost over there,  good luck completing anything as a new player when they're occupying the zone.    Xegony was a beta server back then when I was a tester.

Cana

You "were a tester before EQ launched" and think that Daybreak had anything to do with the starting of EQ?  Really?  Daybreak may CLAIM that they had something do to with it (which they do), but we all know that they REALLY came long before EQ wwas established and successful.  Then they drove it into the ground.  VR isn't Daybreak, nor is it 989 Studios/Sony (the actual people who launched EQ).

That all aside, VR has already stated that they're not going to actively stop multi-boxing, but that they hope that the game is challenging and tactical enough to make it difficult to di in addition to not having a scripting/macro language.  They have also said that if a group of people is gating all of the content from other players, it will become a CS issue and they will handle it.

• 1247 posts
    November 22, 2018 8:59 AM PST

@Canadina I am a bit skeptical of multi-boxing too.. some of which you mention. A limit is necessary so it doesn’t go overboard. 

This post was edited by Syrif at November 22, 2018 9:01 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    November 22, 2018 11:49 AM PST

Kalok said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Kalok said:

CanadinaXegony said:

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Cana

Cana

You "were a tester before EQ launched" and think that Daybreak had anything to do with the starting of EQ?  Really?  Daybreak may CLAIM that they had something do to with it (which they do), but we all know that they REALLY came long before EQ wwas established and successful.  Then they drove it into the ground.  VR isn't Daybreak, nor is it 989 Studios/Sony (the actual people who launched EQ).

That all aside, VR has already stated that they're not going to actively stop multi-boxing, but that they hope that the game is challenging and tactical enough to make it difficult to di in addition to not having a scripting/macro language.  They have also said that if a group of people is gating all of the content from other players, it will become a CS issue and they will handle it.

where on earth did you get that from what I said Kalok?   No..It was 989 studios, Verant, and later SOE..Daybreak didn't exist then AT ALL....I know my history Kalok...I WAS THERE...what I am saying is Daybreak came along AFTER the fact..and EQ has pretty much gone to the dogs under their "care".    Geesh.

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at November 22, 2018 11:53 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    November 22, 2018 11:50 AM PST

Syrif said:

@Canadina I am a bit skeptical of multi-boxing too.. some of which you mention. A limit is necessary so it doesn’t go overboard. 

Agree Syrif ..hope VR is on top of this.

Cana

• 1120 posts
    November 22, 2018 10:57 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Syrif said:

Agree Syrif ..hope VR is on top of this.

Cana

You cannot base your assumptions about multi boxing from anything post PoP EQ.  Once additional programs were widespread introduced that allowed players to easily control more than 2 or 3 players the whole term "multi boxing" was changed.

If you assume pantheon combat will be more similar to that of more modern MMOs and not the snail like pace that EQ1 is. You can assume that it will be very difficult to control more than 2 characters unless they all have the same role (4 wizards).

At the end of the day. All we can do is wait and see. But I. An assure you. That you will not see entire groups boxed as effectively as in EQ1, boxing will not be a plague on the servers and assuming those that do are respectful, should be something that is embraced, like it was back in earlier EQ times.  Noone ever complained bout that pocket shaman when bluffs were being passed out!