Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon at "E3" EXPO

• 5 posts
    November 19, 2018 9:07 AM PST

Will Pantheon have a booth or space at the 2019 E3 Expo in LA?

• 2752 posts
    November 19, 2018 4:53 PM PST

While none of us can say for sure (likely VR can't either), I would highly doubt it. Perhaps if it lines up well on the year the game is to be released but E3 is very expensive and that money would best be used toward making the game at the moment (which is the reason they have skipped other conventions IIRC). 

• 1281 posts
    November 19, 2018 5:52 PM PST

Iksar said:

While none of us can say for sure (likely VR can't either), I would highly doubt it. Perhaps if it lines up well on the year the game is to be released but E3 is very expensive and that money would best be used toward making the game at the moment (which is the reason they have skipped other conventions IIRC). 

Define expensive.  I might be willing to kick in some cash for a booth.....heheheh

• 346 posts
    November 19, 2018 6:38 PM PST

If I had to guess, April 2019 is a possibility considering it would be near the end if not the end of Alpha. 

This post was edited by Janus at November 20, 2018 3:18 AM PST
    • 470 posts
    November 19, 2018 7:42 PM PST

Iksar said:

I dunno, man. There may be some discounts this coming year. They need something to fill up all that empty space now that Sony has pulled out. But you're right. We don't know yet and likely won't until earlier next year.

• 5 posts
    November 20, 2018 4:58 AM PST

Kratuk said:

I dunno, man. There may be some discounts this coming year. They need something to fill up all that empty space now that Sony has pulled out. But you're right. We don't know yet and likely won't until earlier next year.

And this is what spurred the question.  I saw that SONY was bowing out of the expo this year, and in seeing this it made me think that they might be offering discounts to "up and coming" game companies to fill space.

I understand Pantheon's finance budget and advertising, but thought it could be an opportunity.  That and I planned on taking my son there this year and thought is would be awesome to see the VR team at the same time.

Would love to see a response, even if it's just a "probably not".

• 470 posts
    November 20, 2018 5:14 AM PST

DrPoo said:

And this is what spurred the question.  I saw that SONY was bowing out of the expo this year, and in seeing this it made me think that they might be offering discounts to "up and coming" game companies to fill space.

I understand Pantheon's finance budget and advertising, but thought it could be an opportunity.  That and I planned on taking my son there this year and thought is would be awesome to see the VR team at the same time.

Would love to see a response, even if it's just a "probably not".

This is just my opinion, nothing confirmative. But "if" all goes as planned in the testing we should be in alpha by then. I would think at that point they might possibly do like many others do and get a booth to show it off to attendees at that point to help spread the word. I would see that as taking the form of something like what they did at PAX East earlier this year (give a nod to an overly-excited Bazgrim here [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyZggrryKnU] on that one ;p) but open to the public. We'll have to wait and see though. Never know how testing might go and we still don't know just how many additional phases of Pre-alpha are needed. We're coming up on the one year mark since the first of those began so maybe they've about got it nailed down.

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 20, 2018 5:21 AM PST