Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

BRASSE!!!!! <3

• 126 posts
    November 14, 2018 11:17 AM PST

ooooooh, my...... /fawn and faint

Welcome the lovely bearded dorf!!! I thought we'd lost you forever!  /sniff

• 470 posts
    November 14, 2018 3:58 PM PST

Welcome aboard, Brasse. Old school EQ in the house. ;)

• 190 posts
    November 14, 2018 4:11 PM PST

I know, RIGHT?! Love me some Miss L.C.  Brasse is classy.

• 1019 posts
    November 14, 2018 4:15 PM PST

Ehh.  Wasn't a fan of her as a community relations director with SoE.  When things were going down hill prior to the Daybreak take over, it was preceived a rule that instead of answer questions the deal was to ban forum members.  Questions weren't answered they were ignored.  Community members weren't rude, they asked simple questions that deserved an answer but were instead shut down.  I know it can be a rough job when you are being bombarded with questions you don't have answers to, or are told not to answer, but as a community relations manager, not talking should never even be an option.

• 1281 posts
    November 14, 2018 4:36 PM PST

Kittik said:

Ehh.  Wasn't a fan of her as a community relations director with SoE.  When things were going down hill prior to the Daybreak take over, it was preceived a rule that instead of answer questions the deal was to ban forum members.  Questions weren't answered they were ignored.  Community members weren't rude, they asked simple questions that deserved an answer but were instead shut down.  I know it can be a rough job when you are being bombarded with questions you don't have answers to, or are told not to answer, but as a community relations manager, not talking should never even be an option.

Unless...  Just maybe....  She was just following orders from above.  Sometimes people's hands are tied.

• November 14, 2018 4:38 PM PST

Hello there, folks!

I am sooooo thrilled to be a part-time Pantheon Community Dwarf. I have a lot of faith in this fiesty, dedcated Dev team.
    Kilsin is still your CM here, btw, I am here to help them set up for long-term success as we start moving into Pre-Alpha 4 and beyond. I'll DEFINITELY be a Pantheon player! 

Kittik, I don't think we'll have any issues here as long as we all go by the community guidelines. We can have a long chat about how hard it actually is to get banned in any community I have run. It's hard... like losing your driver's license based on points for most. It might be a good topic for a livestream some time. Of course I do not have access to specific cases that occurred at past companies, but I can promise that no one was ever banned who did not earn it.  All good CMs have access to records detailing all warnings and suspensions and should always respond to ban appeals with the full list of infractions. We'll make sure that we do a fair job here, too, and I'd love to talk with you more on the side!

Brasse

• 2752 posts
    November 14, 2018 4:50 PM PST

Kittik said:

I'd say it would be unfair to pin anything like that on her, those kinds of decisions/policies/practices come from higher up the chain. 

Brasse said:

Hello there, folks!

Welcome aboard! I look forward to seeing your involvement in this lovely community!

I just learned you were a guide way back in the day on my home server of Quellious in EQ?

This post was edited by Iksar at November 14, 2018 4:54 PM PST
    • 624 posts
    November 14, 2018 4:56 PM PST

Warmest welcome, Brasse - it’s great to have you on board.

As for banning, feel free to hammer Kilsin next time he rambles on about rogues being better than bards...we all know that is just plain silly.

• 363 posts
    November 14, 2018 5:00 PM PST

Welcome to the community Brasse. I'm not familiar with your past, but who gives a crap :D. I challenge anyone here to believe they're perfect.

• 9115 posts
    November 14, 2018 5:49 PM PST

It's so awesome to have "The Brasse" join our VR family and community :)

• 781 posts
    November 14, 2018 6:01 PM PST

Welcome ! Brasse :) 

• 3237 posts
    November 14, 2018 6:25 PM PST

Welcome to the community Brasse, so very glady to have you here with us!  Onward and upward!

• 1785 posts
    November 14, 2018 6:32 PM PST

Welcome to the Pantheon community Brasse!  It was nice to learn that you're joining the VR team.  Given your experience, I think it says a lot that you're onboard with this project. :)

• 523 posts
    November 14, 2018 7:10 PM PST

Oops, posted in the other thread before seeing this one.  Welcome Brasse!  Glad to have anyone that can help Pantheon succeed.  Glad Kilsin stays on as CM, he's done a fine job.  I appreciate his accessibility.  

• 388 posts
    November 14, 2018 8:18 PM PST

Welcome Brasse. Good to see an old EQ face.

• 612 posts
    November 15, 2018 4:37 AM PST

I already said Welcome on the news thread Kilsin posted announcing you... but I guess I can do it again here :-)

Also, if you want to hear Brasse speak on the topic of How Players Shape Games (Recorded by BazgrimTV) she was on this Panel at PAX sitting next to Brad Mcquaid himself. Might be a good start to get a taste of her opinions on community and keeping in touch with the players.

This post was edited by GoofyWarriorGuy at November 15, 2018 4:38 AM PST
    • 259 posts
    November 15, 2018 5:31 AM PST

Welcome :)

• 3852 posts
    November 15, 2018 5:35 AM PST

I've said welcome twice but one more cannot hurt.

Iksar is right - I worked for a corporation for 30 years and often dealt with the public. Got to a respectable level too.

But managers and senior managers and directors and others in what might be called middle-management have to follow the rules and follow orders. Linda didn't create the culture at SoE which from the outside gave a very ...toxic ... appearance at least in its later years before Daybreak. Then it got worse.

Very nice to have a high-profile acquisition with so much experience.

Though I have been very happy with Kilsin (sucks-up without shame or pity).

This post was edited by dorotea at November 15, 2018 5:36 AM PST
    • 3237 posts
    November 15, 2018 6:08 AM PST

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

I already said Welcome on the news thread Kilsin posted announcing you... but I guess I can do it again here :-)

Also, if you want to hear Brasse speak on the topic of How Players Shape Games (Recorded by BazgrimTV) she was on this Panel at PAX sitting next to Brad Mcquaid himself. Might be a good start to get a taste of her opinions on community and keeping in touch with the players.

Very awesome video that is definitely worth watching if anybody hasn't had the chance yet.  I am guilty of writing my fair share of 14,000 word manifestos.  Prior to Pantheon, I was never the kind of player that bothered to spend time doing that sort of thing on a forum.  This is because I was too heavily engaged in whatever game I was playing.  It just so happens that I haven't had a game that I can occupy myself with for quite sometime.  Pantheon is the only game on my radar that can potentially fill that void, and as such, I choose to spend my time theory crafting and speculating about this game.  If I get time later I'll have to comb through this video and put together a list of phrases that really resonated with me.  It's refreshing to see and hear from experienced veterans who truly understand their audience and I'm very grateful to know that someone like Brasse will be contributing toward the future success of Pantheon.

• 2138 posts
    November 15, 2018 6:47 AM PST

Brasse said:

Hello there, folks!

I am sooooo thrilled to be a part-time Pantheon Community Dwarf.

[...]

Brasse

Really? in this day and age? Does Terminus only allow half-days to halflings also? I think some re-thinking needs to be done if Part-time is given to a dwarf. As if a dwarf is only part....whatever and therefore only deserving of a partial day. Does that mean Ogres work time and a half? How do the gnomes feel about "doing more with less"? they seemed to hold up pretty well on the ramparts in Black Rose Keep

I'm confused.

/em Manouk lets everyone know she is JUST KIDDING!

This post was edited by Manouk at November 15, 2018 6:48 AM PST
    • 416 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:00 AM PST

Welcome Brasse!

• 2419 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:11 AM PST

Brasse said:

We can have a long chat about how hard it actually is to get banned in any community I have run. It's hard... like losing your driver's license based on points for most.

Brasse

Oooh..that sounds like a challenge to me!  I've been banned from LOTS of forums over the years.  :)

Welcome Brasse, I look forward to many conversations with you in the future.

• 1247 posts
    November 18, 2018 8:47 AM PST

I am one of many (both on and off of forums) who have absolutely NOT in the slightest bit liked the majority of decisions SOE ultimately made, but .. welcome.

edit: Let’s put the trashy behavior from SOE in the SOE coffin where it belongs.

This post was edited by Syrif at November 18, 2018 9:51 AM PST
    • 217 posts
    November 19, 2018 12:18 AM PST

Greets and welcome Brasse

This post was edited by vigilantee13 at November 19, 2018 12:19 AM PST
    • 393 posts
    November 19, 2018 2:33 AM PST

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Great video Goofy. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome again Brasse! Glad you're on board.