Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Let’s Vote! Group Wipes

• 77 posts
    November 6, 2018 7:24 AM PST
    To pass the time while we wait let’s have a vote.

In general, a group is most likely to wipe if:

A) the tank dies first
    B) the healer dies first
    C) the support dies first
    D) the DPS dies first

We are going to keep this simple so you can only reply with A, B, C, or D.

Just ignore group composition the types of mobs, etc. I know that’s oversimplified, but you aren’t allowed to list your assumptions or qualify your answer because as we all know the answer is “it depends on the situation”. But that would be a very boring poll!
    • 37 posts
    November 6, 2018 7:39 AM PST

A

Its hard not to type anything else about haha =X

• 216 posts
    November 6, 2018 7:50 AM PST

A

• 696 posts
    November 6, 2018 8:01 AM PST

B

• 2419 posts
    November 6, 2018 8:07 AM PST

Sodalis said:In general, a group is most likely to wipe if: A) the tank dies first B) the healer dies first C) the support dies first D) the DPS dies first

B.

• 75 posts
    November 6, 2018 9:34 AM PST

B.

• 19 posts
    November 6, 2018 9:38 AM PST

From what I am seeing from a lot of Pantheon videos. I'm going to say C. If they Crowd Control dies first, and you're doing big group fights, I bet it is going to be over. They've really stressed how CC is very important in this game. So that is what my money is on here ^^

• 239 posts
    November 6, 2018 9:41 AM PST

C

• 75 posts
    November 6, 2018 9:49 AM PST

Accessdenied said:

From what I am seeing from a lot of Pantheon videos. I'm going to say C. If they Crowd Control dies first, and you're doing big group fights, I bet it is going to be over. They've really stressed how CC is very important in this game. So that is what my money is on here ^^

I don't know if big group fights should be taken into account for this poll since the OP said to ignore monster composition which would include an excessive number of enemies. I'm not disagreeing with your assessment or anything like that.

• 363 posts
    November 6, 2018 11:16 AM PST

E. All of the above.

• 198 posts
    November 6, 2018 11:18 AM PST

B

• 1479 posts
    November 6, 2018 11:50 AM PST

Pretty much everyone votes for their own role here. Humans want to be important, and more than others.

I'm gonna vote for D, because if not, no one would anyway.

This post was edited by Mauvais_Oeil at November 6, 2018 1:19 PM PST
    • 2752 posts
    November 6, 2018 11:53 AM PST

If the healer dies then the group is most likely to keel over unless it is the tail end of the fight. Given how much damage we see from mobs in streams, healing is most vital. 

• 793 posts
    November 6, 2018 12:06 PM PST

Sodalis said: To pass the time while we wait let’s have a vote. In general, a group is most likely to wipe if: A) the tank dies first B) the healer dies first C) the support dies first D) the DPS dies first We are going to keep this simple so you can only reply with A, B, C, or D. Just ignore group composition the types of mobs, etc. I know that’s oversimplified, but you aren’t allowed to list your assumptions or qualify your answer because as we all know the answer is “it depends on the situation”. But that would be a very boring poll!

Every situation would be different depending on many variables, so eliminating any situation variables, just dumbs down the question to a popularity contest.

• 200 posts
    November 6, 2018 12:41 PM PST
    Depending on circumstances I’d say A or C.
    • 96 posts
    November 6, 2018 12:46 PM PST

Without any elaboration...B 

• 52 posts
    November 6, 2018 12:54 PM PST

B

Healers rule choices A, C and D drool  <3

• 61 posts
    November 6, 2018 12:56 PM PST

Gotta go with B. If the healer goes down, it is just a matter of time if you are not already close to victory.

• 470 posts
    November 6, 2018 1:37 PM PST

Sodalis said: To pass the time while we wait let’s have a vote. In general, a group is most likely to wipe if: A) the tank dies first B) the healer dies first C) the support dies first D) the DPS dies first We are going to keep this simple so you can only reply with A, B, C, or D. Just ignore group composition the types of mobs, etc. I know that’s oversimplified, but you aren’t allowed to list your assumptions or qualify your answer because as we all know the answer is “it depends on the situation”. But that would be a very boring poll!

Well if I can't use the situational defense I would probably just blanket statement with B. As a tank I need those heals usually, though I might could pull through with support. ;)

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 6, 2018 1:48 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    November 6, 2018 1:40 PM PST

SoWplz said:

C

Oh please...groups don't wipe just because the Ranger dies.  :)

• 190 posts
    November 6, 2018 3:36 PM PST

Yes. Wait, what was the question?

• 9115 posts
    November 6, 2018 3:58 PM PST

Moved to Off-topic as this does not belong in General Pantheon.

• 89 posts
    November 6, 2018 5:36 PM PST

Roxxers said:

Gotta go with B. If the healer goes down, it is just a matter of time if you are not already close to victory.

This.

• 13 posts
    November 6, 2018 5:44 PM PST

Zyellinia said:

Roxxers said:

This.

I vote A - but obviously situation dependent =)

Generally, if the tank goes down then chaos ensues.  The mob may start bouncing back and forth wildly, preventing DPS from remaining solid. 

If healer dies, and the tank happens to have a decent defensive disc/cooldown available, chances of survival may still be reasonable; given that the mob is still solidly locked on the tank, the DPS has the opportunity to go absolutely nuts to finish the fight ASAP!~

This post was edited by Tethys at November 6, 2018 5:46 PM PST
    • 13 posts
    November 6, 2018 5:45 PM PST

Woops, accidental double post

This post was edited by Tethys at November 6, 2018 5:45 PM PST