Forums » The Summoner

Summoned Mounts

• 156 posts
    November 4, 2018 1:07 AM PST

Anyone think an elemental or other summoned mount would be an interesting ability for summoners to have? Nothing with a statistical advantage over mounts other players could get, but something as a cosmetic/flavor ability? Maybe they could summon them for other players in their group or possibly a group mount. 

• 71 posts
    November 4, 2018 9:01 AM PST

Id like to definatley see a levitation spell again... but we are summoners so maybe...summon a magic carpet.. would be better... lol or summon a huge mosquito or something that grabs you under the arms and lets you move around.... no flying but definitely hover

I would be all for a summoned mounts

• 1000 posts
    November 5, 2018 10:23 PM PST

I want to be able to ride my Zephyr. It doesn't have to move faster, just provide Leviation. Also it would be cool to ride my pet when having to travel in certain areas. Maybe the Pet AI will aggro if you don't "steer" him by riding him. 

Just me being silly :)

This post was edited by Saicred at November 5, 2018 10:23 PM PST
    • 572 posts
    November 5, 2018 11:22 PM PST

I hope that there won't be summoned mounts, or if, only at the highest level and very hard to obtain. Mounts should be prestigious IMO, not something you can simple conjure up. As to riding your pet...hmm...not sure I'd want to sit on that fire pet ;)

That said, I do hope that we get some sort of levitation, like the levi rings in EQ (but a magic carpet sounds very cool too! :)

• 156 posts
    November 5, 2018 11:28 PM PST

If mounts are prestigious then I agree with you wholeheartedly, Sarim. But I didn't think they would be. I agree it would be lame if most others had to do a long quest or spend a ton of gold/plat and the summoner just got one.

• 151 posts
    April 14, 2019 6:13 AM PDT

Something to aid in movement would be great, but I would prefer it be group-based to enhance our group desirability. 

Love the idea of a magic carpet...All aboard!

• 623 posts
    April 18, 2019 7:53 PM PDT

I hate to reference WoW, but the warlock in vanilla WoW had to do an epic like quest to get their lvl 60 felsteed (as well as their infernal and doomguard) which was amazing.  I think if the summoner had to do a very difficult quest or perhaps spend as much on the spell as others had to pay for an equivalent mount it would be fine.  The Pal and SK in EQ1 got free mounts that were also instant summon (which was powerful as hell in PvP).

• 1227 posts
    June 30, 2019 11:31 AM PDT

EQ2 had a magic Carpet quests but I think that should be a summoner only thing :)

This post was edited by Aich at June 30, 2019 11:31 AM PDT
    • 45 posts
    August 22, 2019 6:31 AM PDT

Aich said:

EQ2 had a magic Carpet quests but I think that should be a summoner only thing :)

I agree, but make the carpets without propulsion.  You have to tie them to someone with a real mount and they pull you along like a wagon ride.  WEEEEEE