Forums » Expansion Classes

Temporal Knight

• 804 posts
    October 15, 2018 1:12 PM PDT

Just a fun idea, but essentially a gnome invented arcane tank.
    Their focus could be on temporal magic manipulating time and space to slow/haste attacks and using magic to manipulate heavy armor to their advantage.
    They could focus on sword-n-board or staff and create runes that block like a shield does while wielding a staff.
    Available to races that can be wizards/enchanters.

Maybe some of their skills could include things like:

-Haste aura that stacks with buffs (possibly similar to BRD).
    -Enemy Slow aura with threat generation
    -Chance to stop attackers in time on hit (stun)
    -Group mana regen similar to Enchanter’s replenishment upon damage that also drains target’s resource and can prevent casting
    -Short range teleports like wizard’s flash except toward an enemy and/or “translocate” the enemy toward the player.
    -Dimension door type skill that creates a portal at two points that exists for a duration that players can pass through.
    -Point blank AoE magical attacks with the staff
    -Retrieve (summon) a floating weapon from a dimensional pocket as a familiar that gives something similar to a double (or triple) attack skill (whichever the tanks will have).
    -Short range, fast cast group teleport (to quickly move allies out of AoE)
    -A time stop field/magical barrier that stops all incoming airborne movement (arrows and physical spells) for X duration.
    -Rewind skill that erases threat created by an ally if used with X seconds
    -A time travel resurrection ability by sacrificing their own experience because they are effectively going back in time with the target corpse to a point to before they died.
    -Of course a taunt skill... perhaps have flavor text with something to do with creating a space in reality around the target that allows the enmey to only see the Temporal Knight for X duration.
    -An AoE dimensional pocket that winks targets out of this dimension, effectively making anything outside of the area unaware of anything inside the area (Invis versus everything) and unaffected by environmental affects for the duration (but maybe require enduring breath haha).  Also, anything inside of it can interact with anything else inside, so if one NPC was inside with a group for example...

This post was edited by Darch at October 15, 2018 1:25 PM PDT
    • 36 posts
    February 12, 2019 4:28 PM PST

Sounds like a shaman focused on tanking.

• 163 posts
    February 14, 2019 4:58 AM PST

I'm not sure about this. You're stating it should tank, but all the abilities point to a hybrid, which will be an offtank at best.

I can see some abillities take effect within the existing classes tho. The short teleport i can definitely see with a druid or wizard. Make it like Rift targetted AE casts. Where you select a part of the ground and the entire group (within range) ports / glitches there (heavily abusable to bypass content tho). Same goes for the portal idea.

Time travel ressurection, i like the idea, but the implementation i think would be a nightmare. One bug in this code and you could effectively rol the entire server back to a previous point.

and then . . . you see the original post date :P

• 90 posts
    March 1, 2020 7:30 AM PST
    I really like the flavor of this idea and many of you examples sounds interesting. The concern about it being too much of a hybrid can be resolved by how the player builds the toon. Make it so it can be spec'd as a tank and well as off-tank/support.
    • 502 posts
    March 1, 2020 2:25 PM PST

decarsul said:

and then . . . you see the original post date :P

LMAO

I'm saving that for future use.