Forums » Pantheon Lore

Vas Demith

• 606 posts
    September 26, 2018 10:07 AM PDT

Where is this?  Lore says this is where humans come from, but how do they come from this place and where is this place?  What is this place?  Or who?!?

• 12 posts
    April 24, 2019 7:49 PM PDT

Vas Demith is the homeland of the humans, for sure.  What is fuzzy is if it's the planet, continent, country, capital city (altough most likely not).

What we know:

1. The summoning of races to Terminus is called a Collision.

2. Flora and fauna from those distant lands also are transplanted into Terminus.

What we can infer:

A Collision is most likely not a metaphor for the races breaking onto the scene of a new land, wrecking lives and unsettling nations.  If flora and fauna are arriving with at least portions of a new race, the most likely a piece of the actual home planet is summoned to Terminus.  Couldn't be like a meteor falls onto the planet, because that would kill all the travelers.  Maybe it's sort of like a teleportation of a chunk of the distant world directly onto the landscape of Terminus.  If that's true, then nowhere in the lore does it say that "Vas Demith" or ano of the other worlds came to Terminus, just the inhabitants.  So I rule out Vas Demith being a city and a country, since if a huge piece of the country was brought to Terminus, you could definitely say that country came to Terminus.  Vas Demith being a continent or a planet are the more likely scenarios.

One other outlying possibility is that only a relative handful of the population of humans were brought to Terminus; either a section of their lands or a specific group.  If that is the case, you could say that Vas Demith is the country or kingdom of humans, but since only a piece of them were brought to Terminus, Vas Demith was not brought.  I rule this out simply because nobody called their first settlement New Vas Demith, which as history shows us, is the likely scenario.  They don't refer to themselves as Demithians or anything either.

Bottom line, my money is on planet Vas Demith.