Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Breaking a Camp

• 62 posts
    September 23, 2018 10:02 AM PDT

I love the idea of breaking into a camp and then setting up shop. It was and still is a very fun experience in EQ and I'm hoping that it's prevalent in Pantheon. I'm intrigued by the idea of random spawn timers to a degree, but not for everything. One of the best things about breaking a camp and knowing the spawn times was the small breaks it afforded you while you waited for repops. This time could be spent chatting and being social, going to get a drink or taking bio breaks. I think these little spurts of inactivity are much needed. If everyhing was random, you really can't afford to afk to grab a bite to eat or go to the bathroom and I think that's a problem.

One other thing I didn't see mentioned was the disposition system. We have already been told this is going to be random. So we'll end up with random spawn timers AND random dispositions and I think that might be a little too much randomness and will make it feel like you can never take a break. Just something to consider.

• 409 posts
    September 25, 2018 2:07 PM PDT

Keno Monster said:

Camp breaking and maintaining was absolutely awesome in EQ and set great players apart from average ones. 

This. The easy grind after the break is the reward. Camp breaks, even for necros and enchanters, is perilous, and can go sideways in a hurry. If a player figures out how to break it, set the spawn to a favorable, easy solo mob grind, good for them.