Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - MMORPG Etiquette

• 71 posts
    September 23, 2018 3:05 PM PDT

Raidan said:

Pretty much everyone addressed the main points above, but I'll add one more, I'm not a huge roleplayer by any means, but I'd rather not group with Deez Nutz.

omg, couldn't agree more Raidan, I sure hope they are very active in their rule enforcement including naming offenses.  Yes, I fully support name police.

<<>>

• 228 posts
    September 24, 2018 5:26 AM PDT

Kargen said:

Ediquette is for Disney movies! I love meeting new people, seeing how they play, getting that rush of excitement when you find a good group, getting the bitter disappointment when those sour players make an evening bad. That guy that was made that you dropped him from the group because he was sitting AFK for 1 hour non-responsive and brings his guild in to kill everything in the area so you dont get anything? yeah.. those guys too. Everyone has their own unique personallity and getting to know all those personallities is part of what makes the game so enjoyable! Having the ability to make yourself Famous or Notorious simply by a single action or every day actions is what makes these games so enticing to a lot of players. (that and the skimpily dressed women of course). 

I vote no-holds-barred. let what will be, be, and see how the world of players and NPC factions sort it out.

If I go to a bar -- any bar, not just "Micky Mouse's" -- and meet several such colorful indivduals, I will think twice before going there again. Because bars cannot afford to loose customers, "bouncer" is a job title. Accepting bad behavior of any kind is poison for a community-driven game environment. And the definition of "bad behavior" has to be somewhat universal, with room for minor differences.

This post was edited by Jabir at September 24, 2018 5:31 AM PDT
    • 8 posts
    September 24, 2018 5:40 PM PDT

I tend to have family in tow when playing games. My office is set up for LAN's and we often play together. I miss the days when playing EQ if vulgarity was running rampant that something would actually be done about it. One of the biggest reasons I left WoW was because even though there was a reporting system, not enough people cared to report or nothing was really done. It was great to see a GM or guide show up and talk with an offending player and actually do something about the problem. People seem to have a litte fear of discipline and think twice before being emberrased by a GM or Guide showing up. I know expecting people to have a little old fashion common respect now days is never going to happen but there should be consequences for repeat offenders who act like they don't care and don't have any respect.