Forums » Developer's Journal

Iconic Music

• 50 posts
    September 12, 2018 9:11 AM PDT

Let me first say, I didnt really dig into the forums too much to find if any other discussions had been made about the Music in Pantheon. 

For the Devs: Do not undercut the music in this game please. nuff said.

Music in all great games leave an iconic experience that is almost unforgettable. (think Plane of Knoweldge track in EQ1 or Kelethin's theme)

Anyways. Please spend quality time on making a beautiful music score, and iconic City themes. Thank you.

This post was edited by Valorous1 at September 12, 2018 11:34 AM PDT
    • 50 posts
    September 13, 2018 7:18 AM PDT

UPDATE: I've recently discovered this link, and im feeling really good about this. Looks like I jumped the gun on posting, because that music is wonderful. Thank you.

https://pantheonmmo.com/media/audio/

This post was edited by Valorous1 at September 13, 2018 7:18 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    October 28, 2018 11:59 PM PDT
    That music sounds fantastic. The best game music I've ever heard was in Diablo I (it is so good i bought the soundtrack). The samples above are approaching that level.
    • 372 posts
    October 29, 2018 5:21 PM PDT

Some of you may not be aware... but Chris Perkins (aka Joppa) was actually origionally brought in to VR to do the Music. He's now doing a lot more than that, but it also means that even if he himself is too busy to do all of the Music himself, it will still be very important to him and he'll make sure it's done right.

• 50 posts
    October 30, 2018 4:56 PM PDT

Oh I didnt know that! Well, hiring him sure sounds like it was the right choice. Thanks for that bit of info @GoofyWarriorGuy