Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

How often do you visit the forums?

• 136 posts
    August 22, 2018 8:27 AM PDT

I didn't see any option to make a poll but I was just curious how often everyone comes to check the forums. More than once a day? Once a day? A few times a week? a few times a month? 

These forums have been for a LONG time, longer than I realized at first, so I was just wondering how often everyone stops by to check for updates and say hello to the friends they have met here. I check the forums way more often than I know I need to but I just can't help it. The game and the community start being built right here by us so to me it is almost like we are in Terminus already. 

• 633 posts
    August 22, 2018 9:38 AM PDT

Multiple times a day.

• 2886 posts
    August 22, 2018 10:12 AM PDT

Great question. The short answer is more than once a day.

Here's the long answer: I totally agree that you can make a lot of friends and pass the time just by hanging out on the forums. It makes the wait for launch so much more bearable. I had always wanted to get in on the ground floor of a game early in development and this of course was a rare opportunity to do just that. These forums got me my start as a content creator in the community and I will always be appreciative of the people I met here and the conversations we've had. I know I am an exception, but for a long time I was spending 30-40 hours a week on the forums just reading posts old and new, trying to formulate thoughtful replies, etc. It's not always quite that much these days, but I still check in several times a day, 5-6 days a week to try to stay on top of everything that's going on in the community :) I know the website overhaul is much needed, but it will be kind of bittersweet for me because of how many roots I've planted here.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at August 22, 2018 10:17 AM PDT
    • 388 posts
    August 22, 2018 10:28 AM PDT

1 to 10 times a day 

• 3 posts
    August 22, 2018 12:44 PM PDT

I typically do once per day but sometimes it's a few days before I return. I visit the Pantheon reddit daily, though. Not because it is better but because it is more readily available on my phone since I'm already there. 

• 75 posts
    August 22, 2018 6:12 PM PDT

It varies depending on how many topics I am actively participating in or watching directly as people dicuss them, but even on a slow day, I would say 2 or 3 times a day.

• 136 posts
    August 23, 2018 4:58 AM PDT

LucasBlackstone said:

It varies depending on how many topics I am actively participating in or watching directly as people dicuss them, but even on a slow day, I would say 2 or 3 times a day.

Its nice to hear that I am not the only one who checks the forums multiple times a day. As a matter of fact it seems a lot of you guys check it more than once a day haha.

• 37 posts
    August 23, 2018 6:02 AM PDT

Every once in awhile, as I check Twitter every day.