Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon Developer Q&A Stream Summary with all Q/A timestamp

• 30 posts
    August 18, 2018 9:43 AM PDT

Did you miss MMORPG.com's GameSpace Game Show with Aradune and Joppa where they answered a whole bunch of Pantheon questions? Check out my stream summary, featuring all of the questions asked and timestamps to the answers!

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MJv6lxA-k7MVz9K_sjm-b7XKXHeDD7TV51PN0PaTHVE/edit?usp=sharing

• 781 posts
    August 18, 2018 2:55 PM PDT

Thanks @nick , great job :) 

• August 18, 2018 5:29 PM PDT

Thanks!

• 97 posts
    August 18, 2018 5:35 PM PDT

Great job Nick!

Chris' voice is so mesmerizing and calm. Even with questions that seem mundane, repeated, or trivial he answers with patience and respectful thoughts. You can tell how great of a composer he would be just by listening to the cadence and movement of his voice. I can see why Brad would want 10 of him. 

Nice video and thanks for keeping us entertained and informed with Pantheon's progress. ^_^

• 9115 posts
    August 18, 2018 9:42 PM PDT

Thanks as always, Nick :)

Stickied.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at August 18, 2018 9:42 PM PDT
    • 388 posts
    August 19, 2018 11:39 AM PDT

Dear Joppa, 

I watched the stream and was impressed with the info about the classes and how you continue to impress with me with the "little" things you are trying so that classes like Wizard aren't just standind up, going Boom - Boom, and sitting back down to mana up for the next Boom. 

I was intrigued when you mentioned that Wizard would care about More than INT because Constitution or Dex or Stam could Also tie into Modifiers. Genius actually.

I also cautiously liked the part about how each class may "find" different abilities since there won't be  a spell vendor selling all of your spells. Although i do hope there is a vendor that has the core necessities.

This is part I wanted to mention, and i have No doubt you've already thought about it, but be careful with spells and making it where if Wizard X doesn't have Spell Y, he's not welcome or needed in a group.  At least during the Leveling part. And I say 'during the leveling part' on purpose.  People don't want to be lev 25 and "useless" because Boss X hadn't dropped Spell Y to make them useful. 

However, Once we are in the last 2-5 levels from Max level, or after we are Max level, I feel like you should be free to create spells that Do differentiate to a degree. 

I will use EQ1 as an example: We had Hate, Fear and Plane of Air as our 3 raid tiers in vanilla. Nearly everyone could do Hate and Fear and get their "class armor" etc. Plane of Air was a whole other level.  If you weren't a "high end" raiding guild, You likely wouldn't make it past the first island in Plane of Air. THAT is something you guys need to do in Pantheon. You said there would be at least 3 raiding zones for Pantheon. I recommend that the 3rd be that slightly more Elite setting vs the other two.  I am not saying make it so hard that only 1 or 2 guilds in the whole game will be able to handle it. But, it should be harder and more rewarding for those that "can" handle it. 

The reason I say that is because at max level or just before max level, that is where you CAN start introducing spells that drop from bosses and in Raid zones etc that DO make a wizard different than one who has never raided. 

Last but not least, yes, I know you guys listen to community, but also please design the game first and be careful how much you listen to the cryers. 

During the stream some one said this, and it Really summed up the attitude Pantheon should have. The guys said this: 

"yes, I am grown now, I have kids, a job, and responsibilities and I can't play 40 hours a week like I did 20 years ago when EQ came out. But that's on ME. Don't change the game because I have to work for a living. Design the game and let me put Real life on MY shoulders, not the games shoulders" 

Think about that. 

You guys mentioned many times that 2 hour play times were the norm (paraphrasing that) but there is nothing wrong with it taking 3-5 two hour play times to get a level. 

thanks. 

This post was edited by Flapp at August 19, 2018 11:48 AM PDT
    • 30 posts
    August 21, 2018 8:25 AM PDT

Nice work!!!!

Thanks Nick

• 96 posts
    August 22, 2018 8:53 AM PDT

Flapp said:

"yes, I am grown now, I have kids, a job, and responsibilities and I can't play 40 hours a week like I did 20 years ago when EQ came out. But that's on ME. Don't change the game because I have to work for a living. Design the game and let me put Real life on MY shoulders, not the games shoulders" 

I very much agree with this. Although I'm now 30 years old, have a family and full time job, I will find time to accomplish tasks within the game that take longer play sessions(longer than 2 hrs as mentioned). I don't care if it takes me YEARS to do so! (I hope it does *wink wink*) lol There are days when I can sit around and binge watch Netflix for 5-6 hours, so I can also make time for content that takes longer than your average 2 hr session.

Please keep that in mind for the older, but still hardcore at heart, players like myself!

• 945 posts
    August 25, 2018 3:16 PM PDT

Newtstein said:

Flapp said:

I very much agree with this. Although I'm now 30 years old, have a family and full time job, I will find time to accomplish tasks within the game that take longer play sessions(longer than 2 hrs as mentioned). I don't care if it takes me YEARS to do so! (I hope it does *wink wink*) lol There are days when I can sit around and binge watch Netflix for 5-6 hours, so I can also make time for content that takes longer than your average 2 hr session.

Please keep that in mind for the older, but still hardcore at heart, players like myself!

Real talk - If you can bingewatch 5-6 hours of Netflix every day I would dare to state that you may not have as many responsibilities as you "assume" others do with careers and children (unless your children are bingewatching with you or you don't sleep)   8 hour work day + 6 hours of Netflix + 8 hours of sleep = 0 time for family or any other responsibilities.. assuming commuting takes about an hour each way.  I do agree that the game should maintain a level of difficulty to challenge everyone, but if there is a way to find a balance, I encourage the devs to do so.  Having a career, 2 children, a wife and being a manager allows me a few hours a day to play p99 (when I sacrifice my sleep and let my wife tend to the children solo).  My fear is that if the devs include crazy time sinks (like EQ1) that people will get frustrated and wander to another game... game population is vital to the first "M" in MMO.   A crazy time sink in regard to my post would include "hell levels".  Another example of a silly time sink is waiting an hour for a ficticios boat (in a world where people cast fireballs and res people from the dead or get punched in the face by a giant and taunt it to punch them again).  

With that said, there are many games that have a type of "mentoring" system that allows players to adjust their stats to level in areas designed for other levels.  I know there has been mention of this and I hope that it works well.  If the leveling ends up like EQ I fear that our MMO won't be very "massive" for more than a few months.  Time to go eat with the family...

This post was edited by Darch at August 25, 2018 3:17 PM PDT