Forums » Pantheon Classes

• 15 posts
    August 10, 2018 8:26 AM PDT

What would be the perfect combo of classes to play if me and a buddy were going to try to duo content? (I know things will change from now till release but based on what we have now) He was thinking of going direlord to tank and self heal. What could I go for decent dps and maybe some off healing or cc?

• 696 posts
    August 10, 2018 8:42 AM PDT

Uhhh Druid?

I was thinking an interesting combo would be a paladin and druid. Paladin with the ability to bounce effects and heal allies while dmging and the druid healing effects...I could see that being some fun stuff. Also you get the convience of travel and ports with a druid.

But I guess for a direlord I think most people will say Shaman for the slow and hots...I still think druid would be better with its huge range of utility.

Edit: Spelling errors like always

This post was edited by Watemper at August 10, 2018 8:43 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    August 10, 2018 8:46 AM PDT

Watemper said:

Uhhh Druid?

I was thinking an interesting combo would be a paladin and druid. Paladin with the ability to bounce effects and heal allies while dmging and the druid healing effects...I could see that being some fun stuff. Also you get the convience of travel and ports with a druid.

But I guess for a direlord I think most people will say Shaman for the slow and hots...I still think druid would be better with its huge range of utility.

Edit: Spelling errors like always

I was leaning towards druid actually. Don't know how much damage output they would have but the healing and ports would be amazing.

• 696 posts
    August 10, 2018 8:49 AM PDT

Well they got dmg shields...and they usually have dmg spells of various sorts. Additonally, they chan charm animals. So depending on where you duo you can have the druid output a lot of dps with little risk.

• 557 posts
    August 10, 2018 9:33 AM PDT

I don't think we've seen enough of the classes to have any sense of duo options at this point - other than to make assumptions from previous games.

One thing we've seen fairly consistently in the streams is when the MT goes down, the group tends to wipe fairly quickly.  I'm wondering how viable duos or even groups without a proper tank class are going to be.  If possible to duo a mob, will it be efficient in terms of mana, downtime and DPS?   Some people are already complaining that it takes too long to kill a mob with a full group.

I'm hoping that a wide diversity of group class makeup is going to be possible.  There are some combos that just never work - such as a rogue and pet classes, but hopefully we'll be able to find lots of emergent class combos once we're closer to launch.

• 1479 posts
    August 10, 2018 11:09 AM PDT

I'm too wondering, at really early stages of the game, what will pair the best with  a Direlord if I choose that class. The debuffs spread potential from the DL looks amazing, however what will multitarget means in that game ?

I do not expect to duo much, just of no one seems avaliable and to have two classes with a good synergy between them.

• 2419 posts
    August 10, 2018 11:11 AM PDT

I suspect that the best duo combination will be DireLord and Shaman.  With the Shaman you get all the debuffs to lower incoming DPS, buffs to maximize outgoing DPS along with heals and the ability to resurrect.   With the DireLord you get a solid tank, good aggro control, decent DPS and self-healing capabilities.

• 429 posts
    August 10, 2018 11:23 AM PDT

Best duo IMHO will be Enchanter/Summoner ... Why = not only the summmoners pets ( yes *pets* after we get our undine permanant pet ) but after we cast Behemoth and enchanter charms it whos to stop us ? pets get healed by Summoner and enchanter can mez the rest . Win=win 

This post was edited by Shea at August 10, 2018 11:26 AM PDT
    • 696 posts
    August 10, 2018 2:47 PM PDT

I still have a good feeling about the druid/pally combo..if certain pally spells do what I think they do.

• 15 posts
    May 8, 2019 5:26 AM PDT

Watemper said:

I still have a good feeling about the druid/pally combo..if certain pally spells do what I think they do.

After much thinking I do believe druid would be the best choice for me. Unless they release some info on bard and ill reevaluate at that point haha. Now my buddy is considering warrior but we shall see. So either way for me druid or bard.

• 696 posts
    May 8, 2019 7:08 AM PDT

Hehe good choice. With roots, dps spells, and solid healing(from what they said) you should be fine if you pull multiple guys, since you can do the old root and back away technique :P. 

• 945 posts
    May 10, 2019 6:13 PM PDT

I love these theorycraft topics!  I would agree with Watemper and saying that if you are set on playing the DL, the best partner would be the Druid "in my opinion".  For the very particular reason of Oaken Regeneration, along with teleports, AC and movement speed buffs.  Oaken Regeneration increases the DL's self heals and self regeneration.  

Some other cool combos if you're not 100% set on DL (not including Bard or Necro at this time):
    -Wiz/Enc  (Root/Nuke/Teleport/Mez/Mana replensih/shut down fights)
    -Summoner/Enc (Cool synergy at end game)
    -Dual summoners (+ one tank pet, one DPS pet, 2 undines)
    -Dual Wizards (knowing what the casting animations of your partner are would make the synergy phenomenal I'm sure comboing their spell weaving to generate huge damage at relatively low costs)
    -Any Healer and Tank really (best part about this duo is quick group generation)

Duo's to avoid:
    -Two healers
    -Two tanks 
    -Ttwo melee DPS
    -Two Enchanters until dire charm (even then, enchanter is probably bettter paired with another ranged class)

Kiting may be an option available for some of the melee DPS paired with classes capable of kiting if that is the case.  Otherwise, I wouldn't play a melee DPS if you are looking to duo "effectively".  Shaman + Monk may be ok, but I wouldn't trust ranger or rogue as a duo partner with what I've seen so far... this is obviously all subject to change over the next 2 years.