Forums » News and Announcements

Hot off the Press: The August Newsletter

• 2886 posts
    August 9, 2018 9:21 AM PDT

mitch said:

BTW, anyone know how many Pre-Alpha phases there will be until the official Alpha release?

From http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_august_under_wraps/ :

PA4 will be available to our pre-alpha testers this fall.

And just how many PA phases are there before alpha? We can’t answer that just yet. The idea, though, is to use PA4 as a reference point, or a reference zone, as Joppa spoke about in June. This means that by PA4 most systems will be in place. The small remainder of systems will be added prior to alpha, but for all intents and purposes the core Pantheon experience will be available for PA4 and beyond. This means that in PA5 and onward more world building can be done. Systems will continue to be refined but will no longer need to be built. That accelerates things greatly so expect the later PA sessions to come a lot quicker and more regularly than the early Pre-Alphas.

• 523 posts
    August 9, 2018 11:32 AM PDT

At least six, probably 7-8.  Four starts this fall, which will add the Druid and Summoner, the Elf city, and harvesting.  Five is confirmed and likely will start in the winter, this will have all the various systems of the game in place, minus crafting, and I assume the rest of the zones needed for the Elf progression, namely the Vae Wood and a revamped South Soal Peninsula and Tower of Reckless Magician.  They are going to need a sixth phase to focus on updating the Halfling area, progression, and testing.  And that still leaves quite a bit of zones to work on and test for further Pre Alpha phases.  They said they'll occur more frequently, but I'd guess Alpha early next summer.  

• 17 posts
    August 9, 2018 11:48 AM PDT

It's been great to see the progression and "behind the scenes" approach with streams/newsletters.

Really appreciated the additional information about the pre-alpha processs and progress. The rest of the pre-alpha phases look bright with all classes in and more zones rolling out. Definitely looking forward to seeing more races dropping in!

THOSE BANSHEES!!! WHOA.

• 3016 posts
    September 8, 2018 2:27 PM PDT

Roenick said:

This summer just keeps getting hotter with our latest newsletter. August continues our streak of class reveals with the Wizard, Summoner and Enchanter. Plus: Under Wraps is back again with the juiciest inside scoops you’ve ever read about the Pre-Alpha timeline. So dive on in for all that and much, much, more 

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_august_intro/

Shouldn't that be "Hot OFF the Press"  *wink* :)

Cana

• 612 posts
    September 8, 2018 6:17 PM PDT

Since Aradune was up all night responding to threads, I was kinda expecting the September newsletter to arrive today... I suspected he was excited and couldn't sleep. But I guess they just don't have it ready for us yet :-(

• 523 posts
    September 9, 2018 3:47 AM PDT

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Since Aradune was up all night responding to threads, I was kinda expecting the September newsletter to arrive today... I suspected he was excited and couldn't sleep. But I guess they just don't have it ready for us yet :-(

Second Wednesday of every month dude.

• 3016 posts
    September 10, 2018 8:37 AM PDT

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Aradune is the Boss guy..he doesn't produce the newsletter. :)  And yes he does get excited about Pantheon...always happy to see that. :)

Cana