Forums » News and Announcements

Hot off the Press: The August Newsletter

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    August 8, 2018 8:33 AM PDT

This summer just keeps getting hotter with our latest newsletter. August continues our streak of class reveals with the Wizard, Summoner and Enchanter. Plus: Under Wraps is back again with the juiciest inside scoops you’ve ever read about the Pre-Alpha timeline. So dive on in for all that and much, much, more 

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_august_intro/

This post was edited by Roenick at August 8, 2018 8:34 AM PDT
    • 470 posts
    August 8, 2018 8:53 AM PDT

Looking good, Kilsin Roenick. Too bad about the longer alpha wait, but such is life. ;p Classes are looking pretty good. Can't wait to give it a go.

Edit: Fixed! ;p

This post was edited by Kratuk at August 9, 2018 2:41 AM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    August 8, 2018 8:58 AM PDT

Withouth any doubt the best Newsletter ever, with a bonus race pic !

• 2419 posts
    August 8, 2018 8:58 AM PDT

I'm glad to see that all 12 classes now have their descriptions completed.

• 72 posts
    August 8, 2018 9:05 AM PDT

I did not think I could get more excited, love the interplay between classes with spells! great idea. I am more sure now than ever that a Chanter is right for me. (Mainly played tanks and healers since EQ). Keep up the great work!

• 441 posts
    August 8, 2018 9:10 AM PDT

Oooo exciting =-) thanks for the update

• 644 posts
    August 8, 2018 9:46 AM PDT

Between the two excellent streams and the caster reveal I upgraded my pledge level again.   I hope many follow suit.

• 8 posts
    August 8, 2018 9:56 AM PDT

Wonderful update.  I only felt a bit of a pang of despair as I looked at all of the AOE (or LoS) abilities of the Wizard.  With a system that is going back to the classic proper pulling and mezzing, I fear most of those abilities will never get used.

• 430 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:29 AM PDT

Great read and wonderful to now see all class reveals . summoner seems like a great utility and group helper in al most all situations . loving it . Summoner a mage with plenty to help in any group situation . ( or solo ) . 

• 612 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:41 AM PDT

Kratuk said: Looking good, Kilsin.

Roenick what did we tell you about typing in an Aussie accent? Now people are thinking you are Kilsin.

• 844 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:42 AM PDT

Oops, wrong thread.

This post was edited by zewtastic at August 8, 2018 10:46 AM PDT
    • 19 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:47 AM PDT

Nanfoodle said:

Oooo exciting =-) thanks for the update

Brad's legend grows with every soul entertained!

• 201 posts
    August 8, 2018 11:10 AM PDT
    This is an amazing newsletter and enjoyed ready the spell casters ability lists especially the summoner.
    I would just like to point out the typo on the summoners page. (On my phone so can't link a picture) Take a look at Glacier Shard spell.
    • 470 posts
    August 8, 2018 11:44 AM PDT

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Roenick what did we tell you about typing in an Aussie accent? Now people are thinking you are Kilsin.

Bahahaha. That's my bad. I'm so used to seeing Kilsin post stuff. ;p Error corrected. lol

This post was edited by Kratuk at August 8, 2018 11:47 AM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    August 8, 2018 12:50 PM PDT

Kratuk said:

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

Bahahaha. That's my bad. I'm so used to seeing Kilsin post stuff. ;p Error corrected. lol

It's all good, mate. 

This post was edited by Roenick at August 8, 2018 12:50 PM PDT
    • 14 posts
    August 8, 2018 1:44 PM PDT

Looks snappy!

• 31 posts
    August 8, 2018 2:47 PM PDT

So much great stuff this month. 

I’m trying not to overhype and it’s not easy! i love it. 

• 1281 posts
    August 8, 2018 3:34 PM PDT

Great update, one of the best so far. I'm excited to see crafting in PA4.

When you complete the reference zone, Faerthale for PA4, do you expect to revisit existing zones first to revamp or will you focus on the unseen zones? I'm curious how much of what we have seen will change once the reference design is complete.

• 49 posts
    August 8, 2018 5:25 PM PDT

I am interested in playing every single class. I can't wait to become a Pantheon altaholic, though there is no way I will have time to get them all to max level. Besides the classes, I am happy to hear that fishing won't just be an extremely basic, boring skill like in most MMOs.

I will always have a fond place in my heart for fishing, and while it’s something that is only in its early stages right now, we have big plans to make it even better as the project evolves.

This post was edited by Reichsritter at August 8, 2018 5:28 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    August 8, 2018 5:56 PM PDT

Roenick said:

Kratuk said:

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

It's all good, mate. 

You can't beat the real thing, mate ;)

Image result for Kangaroo crushing a bucket

• 1095 posts
    August 8, 2018 6:16 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Roenick said:

Kratuk said:

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

It's all good, mate. 

There he is! Ah man glad you ok!

Since were linking kanagroos stuff. Have a laugh on me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw

This post was edited by Aich at August 8, 2018 6:16 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    August 9, 2018 2:30 AM PDT

Aich said:

Kilsin said:

Roenick said:

Kratuk said:

GoofyWarriorGuy said:

It's all good, mate. 

There he is! Ah man glad you ok!

Since were linking kanagroos stuff. Have a laugh on me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw

Haha yeah, I have seen that one mate, I would do the same to save my dog, the Roos could kill it easily!

• 2886 posts
    August 9, 2018 3:35 AM PDT

bigdogchris said:

Great update, one of the best so far. I'm excited to see crafting in PA4.

When you complete the reference zone, Faerthale for PA4, do you expect to revisit existing zones first to revamp or will you focus on the unseen zones? I'm curious how much of what we have seen will change once the reference design is complete.

They've only specifically mentioned harvesting so far, which would only include the gathering of materials. Not sure actual crafting will be in to turn those materials into items. Should still be fun, though, to explore all the different ways you can get ingredients from the world.

As far as the reference zone goes, the existing zones will certainly change to some degree because the reference zone will guide how the climate system, atmosphere system, perception system, etc. are implemented to existing zones. There's currently no zone that has all of those things in place needed to make it a complete zone. I of course don't know the details of their plans like what they'll focus on first, but I'd say that at this point everything is still subject to change and revamp, probably some more than others. I'm personally most excited to see brand new zones built at a more rapid pace.

From https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/8736/bazgrim-s-08-jun-18-vo-t-dev-q-amp-a-summary-lore-and-design :

What are you currently working on in Pantheon?

Chris: Right now, I’m wrapping up the class reveal for the next newsletter. I don’t think there has been any point in development where I’ve been so busy because the class design requires so much thought to take 20 years of MMO design into consideration, and then come up with class identities that are fun, engaging, and unique, while still somewhat familiar.

Other than that, we’re currently working on the elven home city of Faerthale. Faerthale is what we’re calling our “reference zone.” It’s a zone that, from beginning to end, will show how all of our zones will be built. As you know, we’ve been very forward-facing in our development. But with the development of an MMO, things change a lot - there’s new tech, new people, new realizations, etc. A lot of the zones we’ve shown have been around for a while, and when we first started, there were a lot of things we didn’t really know about optimization to make things look good and run well, which we’re committed to. We’ve also learned a lot about how that ties into design. So Faerthale is going to be the first zone that, when it’s finished, will cohesively bring together world building, art, game design, and implementation to show complete systems, such as atmospheres, perception, climbing, interactable objects, etc. That way, we don’t have to keep saying what it’ll eventually be like. Instead, we can actually just let players experience it entirely. It’ll be a huge milestone for us internally because it'll be the first time that we'll have a zone that is launch-quality. That’s really exciting.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at August 9, 2018 3:35 AM PDT
    • 81 posts
    August 9, 2018 4:47 AM PDT

Great writeup, Baz! Could a mod please fix the typo in the title? It's not hot OF the press, it's hot OFF the press.

• 2 posts
    August 9, 2018 7:37 AM PDT

fazool said:

Between the two excellent streams and the caster reveal I upgraded my pledge level again.   I hope many follow suit.

Yeah, that Direlord stream did it for me. Upgraded to Cohort. Everything looks really awesome.

BTW, anyone know how many Pre-Alpha phases there will be until the official Alpha release?