Forums » Pantheon Classes

Enchanters + Pets

• 48 posts
    July 15, 2018 2:29 PM PDT

I may be in the minority, but I hated how I was required to have a pet in EQ, especially considering how volatile they could be and the flakiness of the spell. I'm hoping this won't be a thing here. I guess we don't know much about Enchanters and what they'll actually be able to do, other than just speculation and experience with the class in previous games... If they do get the option to have pets, I would like to see some sort of mechanic that allows you to sacrifice that ability for an alternate ability. Will there be "talents" or "specializations" or whatever? At any rate, it should be a choice; like, do I sacrifice some of my power to other abilities to have the potential to bring a charmed enemy to the fight, or do I forego this and stay at my base strenght?

Pet classes, in general, are kind of an odd ball for me. It depends on how I feel, but if I had the option, I would probably run without them. Maybe it will be an option here? Maybe something like I mentioned above; bringing the pet out causes you to "transfer" some of your power to the pet, creating a different method of play, but perhaps if you decide not to do that, you just stay how you are... or something.

This post was edited by Madae at July 15, 2018 2:31 PM PDT
    • 1860 posts
    July 15, 2018 6:49 PM PDT

There was a very long...and volatile...pet thread a couple years back with some dev comments.  I think most classes will have some sort of pet.  It's pretty old info at this point but reading through it would probably be a good starting point to familiarize yourself on how pets will be utilized.