Forums » The Shaman

Walk the agis

• 184 posts
    July 12, 2018 8:59 AM PDT
    Walk the Ages

"Mark a moment in time, leaving an imprint of your spirit where you are currently standing for X duration. When you activate Walk the Ages again, you will instantly return to this location. You cannot cross zone lines with this ability."

Will we see shaman pulling with this ability? Imagine putting on a dot and then use WtA to get back to your grp.

Valid pull on a boss mob maybe?

Ofc it's main use will be to get out of a dungeon or to travel back to town or w/e in a jufffy :)

What do you all think of WtA?
    • 226 posts
    July 12, 2018 9:10 AM PDT

Self evac, won't get you back to town from a dungeon due to zoneline limit and it has a limited duration before you'd have to re-attune to the target area.  May be fine in a gfay type area if you're camping a spot in the same zone and need to get your encumbered self to a vendor tho (attune at vendor)

This post was edited by Xilshale at July 12, 2018 9:12 AM PDT
    • 3685 posts
    July 12, 2018 9:31 AM PDT

I think it has a lot of potential strategic uses and is very condusive to emergent gameplay. I've seen some abilities like this in MOBAs and they're really fun. Even though Pantheon obviously isn't a MOBA, I still expect Walk the Ages to have a fairly limited duration - the waypoint will eventually expire so it doesn't become an automatic "Get Out of Jail Free" card. My personal guess: maybe after a minute or two. It's hard to say how it'll be used - it seems pretty flexible and could be very powerful in the right hands.

• 184 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:01 AM PDT
    I hope it lasts for a while like 10-15 min, so you can use it on a corpse run if things turns into another wipe. And have the opportunity to use it as an evac ability.
    • 898 posts
    July 12, 2018 1:06 PM PDT

I would expect this ability to have a limited range on it. More for additional mobility within an encounter than anything. 

Imagine a Warlock's Demonic Circle. Set a spot which you would like to go back to for safety when needed during a fight, but has limited range to that of a Ranged attack or such. Just moves you enough to get behind something quickly and then get right back into place for debuffs/heals again.  

• 177 posts
    July 12, 2018 1:09 PM PDT

I am wondering if the mana used during the duration of this ability will be refunded ! 

• 898 posts
    July 12, 2018 1:30 PM PDT

Ithaca said:

I am wondering if the mana used during the duration of this ability will be refunded ! 

I don't see restoring anything, but instead, just a way to move you quickly back to a safe spot out of harm's way. 

• 936 posts
    July 12, 2018 1:47 PM PDT

As stated, it doesn't seem like a Rewind of some sort (Ow-Tracer / Wow-Arcane mage of IDK which era), but a movement anchoring ability. Maybe I'm wrong, but with the little information we have on it, it doesn't seem much more.

In addition, the shaman is already having an improved battle MP recovery over the two other healers, giving him a "rewind mana" ability after burning his MP bar for a few cast would severly hinder the following things :

1) The movement portion of this spell would be overshadowed by it's mana conservation.

2) The other healers would need to have a big cut off in Mana costs to offset the possibility offered by such a spell

3) The shaman's mana efficiency would account for this spell to be slotted and used on cooldown with most expensive combos, eventually perma locking a hotbat slot to beneft from it.

Of course there are other scenarios, sometimes more positive, but there is a need to be very cautious with mana conservation optionnal abilities, as they can end up beeing "perma slotted" and not situationnaly needed.

• 1032 posts
    July 18, 2018 8:35 AM PDT

BamBam said: Walk the Ages "Mark a moment in time, leaving an imprint of your spirit where you are currently standing for X duration. When you activate Walk the Ages again, you will instantly return to this location. You cannot cross zone lines with this ability." Will we see shaman pulling with this ability? Imagine putting on a dot and then use WtA to get back to your grp. Valid pull on a boss mob maybe? Ofc it's main use will be to get out of a dungeon or to travel back to town or w/e in a jufffy :) What do you all think of WtA?

Its usefullness will depend wholly upon its duration followed by its cast time.  If it stays active so long as you remain in the current zone?  Self-evac if the cast time isn't too long. One important question I have is will it clear aggro?  If not, I can see the griefing potential for this:  You enter a zone, cast Walk the Ages at the zoneline and go running off.  You purposefully aggro a bunch of mobs until you get a good size group of mobs then, if the cast time is fast enough, you WtA back to the zone line and the mobs continue to chase after you.  Just before they get there you zone out and the mobs can path back and then aggro onto others. If you're XPing in a dungeon and have it set at the zoneline and you use it because your group is going to wipe, you've now just set the stage for a train to the zone without any warning to anyone as you wouldn't be seen running away. 

• 898 posts
    July 18, 2018 8:58 AM PDT

Again here is the way I see this ability looking. A simple relocation spell. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4IVi_b535Y

Does not reset or rewind anything such as mana or health. Instead it just allows you to move or relocate to a spot faster. 

• 177 posts
    July 18, 2018 11:40 AM PDT

Saicred said:

Does not reset or rewind anything such as mana or health. Instead it just allows you to move or relocate to a spot faster. 

It felt underwhelming to me when I read like that. Healers are supposed to stay back, in a safe spot. A relocation surely would be useful sometimes but it wont help from a group wipe unless it resets aggro. I feel there is an addition layer of things attach to this ability. Either ressources (mana/life), or aggro reset. 

• 1891 posts
    July 18, 2018 12:00 PM PDT

If it had resource return I imagine it would be a problematic ability since it would become a permanent part of any Shaman hotbar, no matter what you would always want it. 

• 898 posts
    July 18, 2018 12:29 PM PDT

Yes it may seem like nothing much to some, but to me this could be the make or break ability in a fight that allows you to pull your group through a tight spot or move out of harms way just a second faster to get that much needed group heal off to save the day. 

• 177 posts
    July 18, 2018 12:46 PM PDT

Iksar said:

If it had resource return I imagine it would be a problematic ability since it would become a permanent part of any Shaman hotbar, no matter what you would always want it. 

I agree and it would feel clunky. 

• 177 posts
    July 18, 2018 12:47 PM PDT

Saicred said:

Yes it may seem like nothing much to some, but to me this could be the make or break ability in a fight that allows you to pull your group through a tight spot or move out of harms way just a second faster to get that much needed group heal off to save the day. 

Yes definitely could save some fights and get out from a bad spot.

This post was edited by Ithaca at July 18, 2018 12:47 PM PDT