Forums » The Shaman

Hurry the past

• 608 posts
    July 12, 2018 8:47 AM PDT
    Hurry the Past:

"All healing over time abilities on you and your group members will instantly finish their durations, directly healing their target for the remaining amount. These abilities are then refreshed on their target as if they were just applied."

So this ability got me to think that we will see a lot more rgn healing from the the shaman. I like the design of the spell, it will most likely be on a 5min Cooldown or so, to balance the OPness out.

Its a good oh **** button for tank healing and grp healing while it can also be used to make sure to keep hots up through a hard fight.

I hope to see a grp rgn ability with high mana cost and long duration, that the shaman can combo with HtP for a big grp heal, and to refresh the grp rgn if it has a long Cooldown.

It can so be combined with other healers, as the cleric hot and the druid seeds I hope.

What do you all think of HtP? You like the ability design or not?
    • 264 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:44 AM PDT

It is an amazing ability for sure. I am glad it belongs to Shaman. Will be critical for raiding. Just like the Druid seed, tree and chrysalis and of course most of the Cleric abilities. Which means, Joppa and the team are doing a fantastic job making every class very usefull. Each healer class has solid tools. 

This post was edited by Ithaca at July 12, 2018 1:22 PM PDT
    • 1040 posts
    July 12, 2018 1:15 PM PDT

I don't see this being as long of a cooldown as you think. Instead, I see it being a longer cast time. Meaning to fully benefit in a fight you might need to stack all your Dot's and Debuffs to active Keeper of Elemental Mysteries. Then apply HoTs. Once you have all your HoTs applied you will need to keep your debuffs/dots applied to keep the cast time of Hurry the Past low enough to use and still be able to apply those much-needed debuffs. 

Also, this could be used in 1 of 2 ways. 1 as a way to Refresh HoTs on targets, or two as a way to spam for big heals once all is set up. If used to spam you will most likely not be able to apply your needed slows/debuffs, which increased the cast time of this spell and will probably leave you OOM before too long as it probably has a decent mana cost. However, if you use it to refresh HoTs while rotating in dots, debuffs, and other heals this will allow you to stay engaged offensively while keeping those HoTs up as well. 

Just my take on the ability and look forward to seeing how it is used in the end. :)

• 1818 posts
    July 12, 2018 1:22 PM PDT

To balance it, either on a long cooldown as you suggested, or with a mana price that would not make it a waste if used 1) To maintain hots when no damage are rolling, 2) To refresh less than 3 hots on targets (not to make it a "refresh your hot on tank for a cheap amount").

I, personnally, don't hope it works for other classes or doublons, I like the idea of the shaman micro managing his spells but it would really create a too potent gap if requiring micro-coordination-management from other players.

The ability itself already require a plenty of time spent pre-hotting , potentially wasting a bunch of mana, with only a semi predictable effect : Refresh duration with small heal if used at the end of the hot, or small duration addition with a big heal if used at the end. That, to me, make it more like a "panic button" when you feel an ennemy/pack is overwhelming your group healing capacity and you need a quick punch, however the unreliable nature of the burst heal makes me wonder if it will really work, as a panic button requiring a lot of setup might end working unintended when crucially needed.

This post was edited by MauvaisOeil at July 12, 2018 1:26 PM PDT
    • 373 posts
    July 12, 2018 9:23 PM PDT

Saicred said:

I don't see this being as long of a cooldown as you think. Instead, I see it being a longer cast time. Meaning to fully benefit in a fight you might need to stack all your Dot's and Debuffs to active Keeper of Elemental Mysteries. Then apply HoTs. Once you have all your HoTs applied you will need to keep your debuffs/dots applied to keep the cast time of Hurry the Past low enough to use and still be able to apply those much-needed debuffs. 

Also, this could be used in 1 of 2 ways. 1 as a way to Refresh HoTs on targets, or two as a way to spam for big heals once all is set up. If used to spam you will most likely not be able to apply your needed slows/debuffs, which increased the cast time of this spell and will probably leave you OOM before too long as it probably has a decent mana cost. However, if you use it to refresh HoTs while rotating in dots, debuffs, and other heals this will allow you to stay engaged offensively while keeping those HoTs up as well. 

Just my take on the ability and look forward to seeing how it is used in the end. :)

Interesting idea.  My guess is that it will be more in the middle in terms of cooldown- between 30s and 1 minute-, and instant/small cast time.  Not something you spam, but not something you're afraid to use either.  Gate of Forgotten Eras seems more like the extremely long cooldown ability for shaman.  I don't see Shaman struggling to keep their hot/dot effects up as much as you seem to.  Shaman only have one HOT that has to be cast on a single target, and I don't think most shaman will have more than 2-3 offensive spells to trigger KoEM simply because of the limited number of skill slots.  Just taking the healing spells listed in the reveal and the rez takes up half of the projected 12 slots.  Capping KoEM would require you to devote all the remaining slots to 1 offensive spell from each school.  I doubt the % bonus to healing will be worth forgoing any other utility unless you're trying to go for a hybrid spec that maxes DPS and debuffs and has a more limited arsenal of healing spells.  

A lot will depend on the duration of the dot's and hot's, but I'm hoping that shaman won't generally be reliant on having a high casting uptime and using the vision mechanic to toss out as many spells as quickly as possible.  Hopefully a lot of the value of vision will be that it affects HoT/DoT by increasing the tick rate, making your spells more effective rather than just letting you cast more of them.  Of course there will be times when the **** hits the fan and you're trying to heal everyone as they take massive damage while keeping multiple mobs debuffed, but that's what Hurry the Past is for! 

edit: In the streams Mantle of Mist, the single target hot, has a 24 second duration.   The debuffs are 18 second durations.  Cast times are 1s.  Obvisoulsy these are subject to change.  

This post was edited by zoltar at July 13, 2018 9:47 AM PDT
    • 52 posts
    January 19, 2019 3:43 PM PST

To me, the most interesting thing about this is "All healing over time abilities on you and your group members will instantly finish their durations, directly healing their target for the remaining amount. These abilities are then refreshed on their target as if they were just applied."

The tooltip does not list "Your healing over time" or "Allies affected by YOUR healing over time" it says ALL....so, it eludes to HoTs cast from other healing classes aswell would be refreshed. If this is the case, it would create very powerful synergies.

• 2031 posts
    January 22, 2019 8:07 AM PST

If your interpretation of the language is true, then indeed the spell will be hugely powerful.  I suspect, however, that it will only affect the Shaman's healing spell which still makes it a powerful spell.

• 608 posts
    May 31, 2020 2:13 AM PDT
    So HtP will funktion with other classes and their HoTs, making it even stronger. Mr. Perkins talked about of Mays video of animation.

Now that we can asume it will be functioning like this, what do you think of the Spell?

Should the cd be long, medium short?
    Should the Mana cost be high? Or Be flexible and linked to how make spells are refreshed?
    Should it be a part of our main rotation or funktion as a raid / grp cooldown.?

• 223 posts
    June 15, 2020 12:14 PM PDT
    I want it to be a medium to long cool-down because I want the way the Shaman heals to feel like a co-equal form of healing. If we are constantly casting HtP, it's basically the game saying that HoT-based healing is weaker than direct healing and that we need an ability to make us second-rate direct healers. It should be an ability we hold in reserve for emergencies and it should have a profound effect. Mana cost should be medium, though it would be interesting if it got cheaper the lower the target's HP.