Forums » The Druid

Verdanfire Seed

• 23 posts
    July 11, 2018 8:52 PM PDT

How would this even heal the ally? I mean, if it is absorbing the damage they are taking, then the ally won't have any damage to heal when it blooms. Unless of course they had damage before you cast it and they don't get all their current damage healed before it blooms. If it only absorbes a % of the damage they take then that makes more sense.

• 226 posts
    July 11, 2018 9:29 PM PDT

Could be an instant cast save a life rune with a heal as it expires so you can save the half dead chanter as mez fades and new mez is resisted (mob is now very mad at chanter and proceeding to chew on his/her face) then switch targets and heal the tank as you know the chanter is immune now and you'll be getting some Mana back in a few seconds as you're trying to keep the tank up.

This post was edited by Xilshale at July 11, 2018 9:33 PM PDT
    • 1891 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:26 AM PDT

Yep, looks like an ability you use on someone already damaged to prevent further damage and eventually heal as well. 

• 8 posts
    July 15, 2018 10:32 AM PDT

Short answer this heals through the shielding effect.  That is considered healing via an absorb.

The bloom seems like an added bonus or leveraged by skilled druids to take the advantage.  Makes your choice on when to apply more rewarding, besides just - 1) seed fell off target 2) now reapply once able.

• 11 posts
    July 30, 2018 6:24 PM PDT

It's actually an invaluable tool, an ace up your healing sleave.

Things are going bad, tank is getting low and you have others to heal, you cast these (probably tank first), let him go damage free for X, then get Y mana that he's been damaged while you're dropping these on the others  that may be taking damage still and slowly getting more mana back as well.

Will also be a damage shield for all against AoE attacks, but I'd leave it off Tank unless absolutely needed due to the Z duration.

This post was edited by TheBus88 at July 30, 2018 6:26 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    July 31, 2018 7:50 AM PDT

• 735 posts
    July 31, 2018 7:53 AM PDT
    Yeah you don't use it as a pre combat heal, but more as a get out of jail free card lol. It will definately will a class define heal and I see it being pretty strong due to the z duration after blooming. And it works well with a healer that works around HoTs, I hoping for the most part that his vines will be a efficent heal for grp members not counting the tank of course. But either way I'm hoping the druid shines in this game, they simply sound so cool
    • 18 posts
    August 25, 2018 7:03 AM PDT

Casters take more damage from attacks.

A single attack against them could potentially go all the way through the ward and damage them, then they receive the heal.