Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

My thoughts about July Newsletter

• 388 posts
    July 11, 2018 7:19 PM PDT

First, welcome Jason. That said, As I read this months letter, I found many things… disturbing…

Right out of the gate, Jason interview;

Q:“This is your second stint with the Pantheon Team. What brought you back?”

Jason: “when I found out the project had been revived I was pretty excited”

Umm. I know the game was basically scrapped in 2014 and had a major overhaul that was basically starting the game over from scratch. That was 4+ years ago.

Pantheon announced that tier one funding (whatever they called it) was secured a LONG time ago (year and a half - two years ago?)

When was the project NOT “on”? To be revived, one must be dead.

Words from the very first sentence “We’re committed to Transparency” I never hear Brad or VR or anything about the game needing “Revived”

Anything you need to tell us potential investors here????? Is there a possibility that the game will “die” again?

Q: Can you give us a hint, or a “bean” as we like to say, of what’s to coming up for you? What cool things are you going to be working on?
    A: There are a ton of things that myself and the team will be working on going forward, one of the most crucial of which is our combat system. I like to empower our design team by adding new mechanics that weren’t possible in previous MMOs.

I am going to touch a lot more on this subject when I get to the classes section, but other than dispositions, I really can’t see anything at all new in Pantheon. The combat seems very EQ with a small amount of changes. I was reading the class reveals today, and the druid has some passives that are automatic, you guys aren’t even looking at a system like ESO where you have to pick that passive to have it. So that seems to make every druid, the same druid. Nothing unique here at all, on the surface. More on this in class section.

Class reveals:

In order to make this short as possible even though I have a lot of questions and input, I will use Druid only instead of all 3 class reveals.

As i said above, the class starts off with 5 + 1 epic ability that are all passives. Every druid will have them so nothing that I can see will be unique from one druid to the next. It is what it is, but I find this a little lazy and a little sad. Hopefully they have something they aren’t telling us because I really can’t see anything that leads me to believe that Jason’s quote on combat being important and they are doing new mechanics not possible in previous MMOs. Every druid will follow a cookie cutter design.

As for spells: again, you can call things by a new name, and you can even make those names all prettied up, but it’s the same ol thing with a new name:

Passive Strom warden (and later the epic Storm Keeper); fancy way of saying Druids get bonuses when outdoors and the epic ability means you don’t lose your DPS bonus indoors.

Imbue Trait: Black Wolf’s Swiftness: guess now it will be BWS instead of SoW. it’s Sow with a new extra long name….

Imbue Trait: Oaken Regeneration. 4 words to say Regen….

Imbue Trait: Panthra’s Claw. 4 word fancy for  STR/AC buff.

Again, I hope there is more to these classes that we can’t see. The druids heals are basically just HoTs and Bubbles (dmg prevention)

Wandering Stones, new name for Druid Circle. Hmm, also very Wheel of Time -ish lol.

I am not hating on Pantheon here. I guess I am maybe a little disappointed that every class reveal just seems to be EQ1 with pretty new names added. I thought Pantheon wanted to be “more” than EQ1 with new graphics.  

Outside of NPC dispositions, I am not seeing anything at all “not possible in previous MMOs” and the only way to be unique is a druid that has found a spell that another druid has not found yet. Which that also leads to this scenario right here:

“Group looking for Druid, Must have Epic Spell X to join us” leaving all other casual druids out of the game….

Lastly, the giants sounds cool and thanks for the newsletter. I think I will be a druid insted of a cleric. Don't take this post as a bashing of the game. Thank you for the update. I honestly want to play a druid over cleric after reading the abilities.  Please show us Druid and ranger in next Stream. 

Quick side note: i really LOVE the picture where the cleric is wearing a cloth robe, but still has Steel plate addons, please make that a real thing IN GAME.

• 844 posts
    July 11, 2018 8:19 PM PDT

Flapp said:

Q:“This is your second stint with the Pantheon Team. What brought you back?”

Jason: “when I found out the project had been revived I was pretty excited”

This jumped out for me, but since Vanguard development went on from 2003-2006, Jason could be referring to any number of plans, spitballing, conversations gaming people have.

He could be referencing a conversation from many years ago, or many conversations over many years.

Also they play MTG as I have heard referenced previously by Brad.

I think you are always planning the next project.

• 9115 posts
    July 11, 2018 9:19 PM PDT

It looks like Jason mistakenly used the word Revived in place of Revamped, the team had many changes to staff and game development but we were never "dead" or at risk of closing down, it seems like just a simple typo or word mistake, I wouldn't look too deeply into it, we are all human after all. :)

• 178 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:58 PM PDT

@Flapp,

not everything has deep layered meaning, it is possible that you just projecting your fears on this interview, and any ambiguous sentence is translated through the prism of this fear.

for me , it was just a guy who is happy to be on the team.

my problem with this newslatter is: 

HOW DARE THEY TO MAKE DRUID COOLER THAN THE CLERIC!!!?

thats it guys, its a dealbreaker! 

the only way for VR to redeem themselves in the eyes of the gods, is do give clerics fox and a wolf and a bear...

CLERIC MASTERCLASS!!!

edit: j/k

This post was edited by MyNegation at July 11, 2018 10:59 PM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    July 12, 2018 12:19 AM PDT

*GASP* You mean to tell me if I make a druid that I will actually be a druid with access to all things druid!?! Outrageous! Unthinkable! Absolutely absurd!

“Group looking for Druid, Must have Epic Spell X to join us” leaving all other casual druids out of the game…."

Interesting to this example but be upset that classes won't have their identities split up so players can experience the thrill of choosing cookie cutter spec "A" druid or less desireable cookie cutter spec "B" druid.  Talent trees/specializations are pretty much always just the illusion of choice, its more that people just like leveling up and clicking the plus symbol next to one or two things to watch a number go up. 

If every class had an equal number of players of the 14 planned then a player would be the same (except not due to skill/gear/level differences within) as a little over 7% of the population or different than 93% of other players. If you want to stand out next to others of the same class then take the time to become both knowledgeable and highly skilled at it, and by being a kind and generous player in the community that others want around.

• 41 posts
    July 12, 2018 1:19 AM PDT

Flapp said:

I am going to touch a lot more on this subject when I get to the classes section, but other than dispositions, I really can’t see anything at all new in Pantheon. The combat seems very EQ with a small amount of changes. 

I understand from your entire post you're not completely flaming Pantheon etc, but this statement about it being only small amount of changes from EQ. 

First of all a lot of EQ in theory was good (talking about class design) it was just constrained and a bit dull to play. Healer for example put buffs on people spam 1 maybe 2 heals and med. Reading the Druid spell list; yes there are some EQ staple spells like SoW and Regen with 'fancy' new names but their entire healing mechanic seems like a huge departure. You place a tree that aoe heals the group you then use damage abilities in range of the tree to proc heals, you can use those seed buffs as hots/buffs to the trees healing you have other ways to proc more heals and increase the power of the tree then ontop of that you can use the white fox familiar to do other funky stuff regarding healing; including saving people from deadly situations by swapping them into the tree. It seems it will be very strategic and you will have a lot of free time to weave in DPS spells. It reads NOTHING like EQ druid from that perspective.

Now how you feel that sort of style is compared to other mmos is another question; but regardless it reads very different from original EQ. Shaman too seems pretty different as it's very HoT based and again it seems they're going for a more 'you can weave in dps to buff/debuff the group as well as heal' style with that class. As for the cleric yeah seems pretty EQish but with some twists; the tomes, the celestial bonds some more interesting buffs etc hopefully making it so you dont just press complete heal every 5 minutes while watching netflix on your other monitor.

Also looking at the streams they've shown it seems they're going for a much more intense playstyle while in combat; i.e. you actually have to always be using skills and doing something then you have downtime between fights. While still keeping to the 12 skill slot idea so you dont have 50 abilities at once. It seems like a nice balance between old EQ where you pressed backstab and evade every 6 seconds paying no attention to what is actually going on vs a modern mmo where you get carpal tunnel keeping a rotation going. 

Ofc this is all speculation and until we get in game and see how it plays it's hard to tell for sure, also pre-alpha blah blah; but I am definitely feeling optimistic they're going in the right direction with what we've seen so far!

EDIT: One more thing these spell lists are very short - I expect a lot more to actually be in by the time the game launches. We can't expect them to show off everything; a lot can change they are more than likely to just trying to show the minimum to convey what it is they're going for. 

This post was edited by Thallium at July 12, 2018 1:27 AM PDT
    • 7 posts
    July 12, 2018 7:10 AM PDT

Iksar said:

*GASP* You mean to tell me if I make a druid that I will actually be a druid with access to all things druid!?! Outrageous! Unthinkable! Absolutely absurd!

Interesting to this example but be upset that classes won't have their identities split up so players can experience the thrill of choosing cookie cutter spec "A" druid or less desireable cookie cutter spec "B" druid.  Talent trees/specializations are pretty much always just the illusion of choice, its more that people just like leveling up and clicking the plus symbol next to one or two things to watch a number go up. 

If every class had an equal number of players of the 14 planned then a player would be the same (except not due to skill/gear/level differences within) as a little over 7% of the population or different than 93% of other players. If you want to stand out next to others of the same class then take the time to become both knowledgeable and highly skilled at it, and by being a kind and generous player in the community that others want around.

Sorry, but without a like button I just have to say...This.

So very, very much this.

"Choice" in MMOs is simply the choice between going to an 'elitistjerk' website and building the way they tell you, or choosing to be a 'b' or 'c' player, unwanted even by the 'b' and 'c' skilled groups.

Then, when updates hit, going back to said website and rebuilding the way they tell you.

Choosing between skills and passives, unless they are situational, is simply a matter of no one ever using the ones that are deemed sub-optimal by theorycrafters. Its not even easter-egg content, it's simply content that will never be used in mid to high tier play. And thus a waste of dev time.

• 1120 posts
    July 12, 2018 7:23 AM PDT

Flapp said:

Class reveals:

In order to make this short as possible even though I have a lot of questions and input, I will use Druid only instead of all 3 class reveals.

As i said above, the class starts off with 5 + 1 epic ability that are all passives. Every druid will have them so nothing that I can see will be unique from one druid to the next. It is what it is, but I find this a little lazy and a little sad.

I mean.   I get what you're saying.   But the 6 passives are literally. 

1) your pretty fox thing that has it's own abilities (this would be akin to saying EQ mages are all the same because they can use a water pet)

2) your harness ability (which is used to then imbue powers,  which is going to depend on what you value and where you are)

3) a healing passive.

4) a passive where animals don't attack you... (really has nothing that would impact combat)

5 + 6) this is really the only one that REALLY means something.   And I doubt every level 20 druid will only group in outdoor zones just to take advantage of this. 

And yes,  I honestly could see people requiring you to have your epic ability.  But it wouldn't be for a long time. Noone wants to wait 3 hours for a druid with his epic ability when there's 12 other druids running around (unless it's needed).

Remember as well,  this is only a snippet of the abilities.   And several of these passives still have to be used with other abilities.   So I don't think it's going to homogenize the class as much as you think.

• 1120 posts
    July 12, 2018 7:31 AM PDT

Maleficia said:

"Choice" in MMOs is simply the choice between going to an 'elitistjerk' website and building the way they tell you, or choosing to be a 'b' or 'c' player, unwanted even by the 'b' and 'c' skilled groups.

Then, when updates hit, going back to said website and rebuilding the way they tell you.

Choosing between skills and passives, unless they are situational, is simply a matter of no one ever using the ones that are deemed sub-optimal by theorycrafters. Its not even easter-egg content, it's simply content that will never be used in mid to high tier play. And thus a waste of dev time.

The EJ example is only true when it comes to high end raiding.  The way wow is developed now. You can be a "survival" hunter and still get groups because lfr and dungeon finder dont check your spec.  Even in the group finder. If you roll into a raid as a survival hunter and are keeping up, noone cares.  And this has been the case for years and years.  

The best of the best know that spec a is the only one worth taking to raids and they need to follow that guideline because of how difficult it is to push progression.

Fact of the matter is, unless you're trying to accomplish something in the top 5% of the games difficulty (mythic raids, high level mythic dungeons etc) noone cares what class and spec you are.  Hell, I've done raids where people have been utter trash and half the dps (literally) as another player in similar gear and unless we start wiping because of enrage timers or healers running oom.. noone ever cares.

• 3852 posts
    July 12, 2018 7:36 AM PDT

I too was concerned about the word revived - I understand Kilsin's explanation, however. I assume that the newsletter was read by other VR people before it went out but it is easy not to focus on one word like that. I speak as someone that has edited newsletters and the like many many times.

There have been other threads on whether every druid should be identical (at least if the player bothers to get all abilities) or whether there should be choices and different specs/trait trees/AA trees whatever one wishes to call it. Probably no need to turn this thread into 20 pages debating this issue, on which there are many strong and divergent opinions.

I do *not* read anything in the reveal as at all relevent to that issue. Sorry Iksar, you may well wind up having things work as you like but the newsletter isn't a sign that VR is headed down that road.

I read the newsletter as showing that there will be one druid class with no subclasses. Not a big surprise at all. I like subclasses but with so many classes I more than accept the reasons not to add that level of complexity.

They may very well not have customization paths. But they also very well may have them. That is a separate design decision and one that will quite likely be finalized later. A customization path is something that might very well be rolled out during alpha - in fact it would be hard to decide if such a path is a plus or a negative until the basic class designs are pretty well set.

• 2138 posts
    July 12, 2018 7:47 AM PDT

I can see giant-hides being a sought after crafting component, for environment acclimation leather/cloth armors maybe? with grades of hides making a difference.

A ruined giant hide for a lvl 25-32 ish would be uber, going up to fine or whole giant hides. Likewise there would be skeletons of giants that have a giant spirit in their rib cage that needs to be defeated, where you can get decayed giant hides, which offer a smidge of environment protection and good for say 10-17 levels but would allow a younger player to dash through a bad environment sufering damage, but able to survive, like be at 30pct health on the other side. That way you could explore, just not linger and might allow lower levels to visit other newbie cities and spend some time there.

*edit* instead of hides, toes. Giant hides is kind of creepy on second thought. Giant toes sounds nmot as creepy but still has a slight disgust factor to them. I figure one set of toes could make one piece of resist armor.

This post was edited by Manouk at July 15, 2018 7:02 AM PDT
    • 31 posts
    July 12, 2018 7:53 AM PDT

I'm pretty disillusioned with talent tree / spec systems as a way of diversification.  If anything, the choices are either meaningless, or traps for players that don't run a monte carlo simulation (or visit a website that does).  I thought the revamped/simple WoW talents were an improvement to their traditional system because they often more fun/flavor than a predefined choice.  Finally, in a game with more firmly set roles per class, what would talent specs even offer, considering they wouldn't add a tree that would make your cleric into a powerful ranged dps.  You get some variation between characters just via the limited hotbar system, though that is more situational.

And yes, many of the abilities and their lore are very fluffy for just describing +Str, but that's ok as there are several other abilities that are really interesting, and it only does good to put a little veneer on simple buffs instead of calling them "Strength IV: Increase your target's strength".

It's possible / hinted at but not explicit that the Imbue Trait abilities have an interesting acquisition path - perhaps you use the Harness Trait near the described source to change the Imbue abilitity to the correct trait and only have one available at a time.  Perhaps the passive just permanently unlocks Black Wolf's Swiftness the first time you encounter a black wolf and the rest is just fluff + mutually exclusive buffs.

• 7 posts
    July 12, 2018 8:58 AM PDT

Porygon said:

The EJ example is only true when it comes to high end raiding.  The way wow is developed now. You can be a "survival" hunter and still get groups because lfr and dungeon finder dont check your spec.  Even in the group finder. If you roll into a raid as a survival hunter and are keeping up, noone cares.  And this has been the case for years and years.  

The best of the best know that spec a is the only one worth taking to raids and they need to follow that guideline because of how difficult it is to push progression.

Fact of the matter is, unless you're trying to accomplish something in the top 5% of the games difficulty (mythic raids, high level mythic dungeons etc) noone cares what class and spec you are.  Hell, I've done raids where people have been utter trash and half the dps (literally) as another player in similar gear and unless we start wiping because of enrage timers or healers running oom.. noone ever cares.

Um, I'm not sure WoW is what I'd want to compare this to,  esp as it is now. More guildwars, vanilla/bc wow, etc. Current wow I don't personally have much experience with and can't speak to.

That said, I know in other games with specs, even if ej isn't dictating our builds, the RL has to. There is still no choice other than 'doing what ej/rl tells me to" really, and a bunch of never used, suboptimal talents and abilities that don't add to the game except as the previous poster Xilith said, as a trap for players eho feel like being obstinate or don't look things up.

And with all the theorycrafting, you can objectivly say 'that is a sub optimal, second rate build'. And why is the ability to choose to be second rate fun for anyone, when dev time (skill creation and constant balencing/rebalencing)could instead be used to make the world richer, or to give actual legitimate options to players.

This post was edited by Maleficia at July 12, 2018 9:08 AM PDT
    • 246 posts
    July 12, 2018 10:49 AM PDT
    One vr has said there trying to gonfrom raids and end game so there could be areas where u need some ones skilled and geard more for groups thin raids to get stuff done. Second. Just like in eq gear matters and so dose skills of the person.. u can have a massive decked out person with no skill and be worthless to keep in group.. i have seen this. Or u can have q highly skilled person with less gear and be worh keep in group and long the name to dadd to friends list. It will more and highly likely in a group.. hey we need a healer ok lets look ok there a cler druid available let get cler .. and somenonenwe go no wait inknow that druid he is one of the best grab him ..
    • 246 posts
    July 12, 2018 10:52 AM PDT
    And on a side note vr has said a few times this is not all the skills spell that will be in game this is only a taste of what's in game and wow they showed us an epic skill ... and what dose that mean 90 % of that class may not or ever get skill pluse they said epic skill abilities will need to be found so
    • 409 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:30 AM PDT

Porygon said:

I would agree and add the following - the elitist jerk thing only matters for bleeding edge, pushing world firsts raiding, climbing some seasonal ladder, or rying to PUG with bleeding edge folks who for whatever reason don't want to be in a guild. For the remaining 99.9% of the game, nobody gives a hoot what your spec/gear is if you are keeping up and not leading to wipes.

No disrespect intended to EJ, since nobody crunches min-max numbers better, but a 0.037% increase in DPS only matters at the very bleeding edge of content and for bragging rights. But to simply play the game? It's irrelevant. 

And I have done high end content in current WoW and FF14, probably the two most toxic communities in MMO gaming right now, and if you make a solid attempt to simply hold your own, most of the time you will never have an issue no matter what your gear/spec. Granted, people will expect that have put some thought into your gear and some effort into knowing your class, but it's the very rare person who expects EJ-esque devotion to min-max, and when those kind of folks pop up, they tend to abandon group more often than complain to the group they are in. 

Given the rather small subset of the MMO community that is/will be the Pantheon subscriber, I just honestly do not feel like all these concerns about being snubbed by EJ level min-maxers will amount to anything more than forum conspiracy theories.

IMHO, YMMV, any and all views expressed by Venjenz are the sole property of Venjenz and do not speak for anyone else, intentionally or otherwise.

• 1120 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:33 AM PDT

Maleficia said:

Um, I'm not sure WoW is what I'd want to compare this to,  esp as it is now. More guildwars, vanilla/bc wow, etc. Current wow I don't personally have much experience with and can't speak to.

That said, I know in other games with specs, even if ej isn't dictating our builds, the RL has to. There is still no choice other than 'doing what ej/rl tells me to" really, and a bunch of never used, suboptimal talents and abilities that don't add to the game except as the previous poster Xilith said, as a trap for players eho feel like being obstinate or don't look things up.

And with all the theorycrafting, you can objectivly say 'that is a sub optimal, second rate build'. And why is the ability to choose to be second rate fun for anyone, when dev time (skill creation and constant balencing/rebalencing)could instead be used to make the world richer, or to give actual legitimate options to players.

My point wasn't so much to compare the game to wow.  But more so to state that a majority of players typically do not care if you're suboptimal in terms of your spec or gear choices.

The elite players and elite guilds might have "requirements" for joining.    But most of the time those are strictly based upon raiding, not necessarily grouping.  That's all.

• 1860 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:11 PM PDT
    Speculation, educated guess, nothing more.
    • 523 posts
    July 13, 2018 5:15 AM PDT

Anyone that has followed this project knows it was absolutely dead, buried, and essentially handed off to a crazy lady and her family for a period of time.  At some point Joppa saved it and Brad emerged from his deep depression.  It would be nice to see more of the original team return, especially Wu and Silius (crafting dev only), but those bridges look burned.  And Vhalen definitely isn't coming back, but the new lore guy looks solid enough.  In the end though, none of it matters, it's onward and upward now, albeit at a tortoise pace.  I'm still hoping to hear news on the status of Series B funding.  

• 1120 posts
    July 13, 2018 8:40 AM PDT

Yea,  I don't see why any of it matters.   Most of us have already given our money,  which we're not getting back regardlessof what happens with the game.   It doesn't matter to me if the project died 3 times over,  all that matters is how successful it is now,  and in the future. 

• 200 posts
    July 13, 2018 9:06 AM PDT
    Like Mathir said, it’s not really a secret that it was off the radar for a while. But that’s years ago and since then everything has been pointing to a sincere and very determined intention to get this game live. I guess there is always a chance it won’t make it, I accepted that when I pledged. The project doesn’t seem to be at death’s door at all tho and I’m not actually concerned about these things. Patiently waiting for beta (ok sometimes a bit impatiently..).

As for the rest of your post, I’d be perfectly happy with a modernized EQ. And I feel we’re getting quite a bit more than that. But that is probably a matter of difference in perspective and expectations. I’m one of those people who’d absolutely love to see Spirit of Wolf making a comeback for that extremely nostalgic hit of seeing ‘SoW plz’ in chat again :D.
    • 432 posts
    July 13, 2018 10:16 AM PDT

Mathir said:

Anyone that has followed this project knows it was absolutely dead, buried, and essentially handed off to a crazy lady and her family for a period of time.  

I don't know if the lady was "crazy" . It might very well have been that she helped to overcome a very bad period when the project apparently went brain dead and could have finished right there. In any case the first 2 years 2014-2015 must have been extremely bumpy and dramatic even if we (e.g the pledgers and supporters) have never got any direct information about what was happening and if there still was any future . I understand that it was surely necessary to keep everything secret and to give no information to the supporters to avoid speculations and a deleterious atmosphere .

However when/if Pantheon releases and is a reasonable success, I hope that somebody will write the project history from the first idea leading to the failed kick starter through the game release . As we, the supporters and pledgers, have probably played a non negligible role in the early financing, it would be nice to hear one day how things really happened .

This post was edited by Deadshade at July 13, 2018 10:25 AM PDT
    • 523 posts
    July 13, 2018 12:36 PM PDT

Deadshade said:

I don't know if the lady was "crazy" . It might very well have been that she helped to overcome a very bad period when the project apparently went brain dead and could have finished right there. In any case the first 2 years 2014-2015 must have been extremely bumpy and dramatic even if we (e.g the pledgers and supporters) have never got any direct information about what was happening and if there still was any future . I understand that it was surely necessary to keep everything secret and to give no information to the supporters to avoid speculations and a deleterious atmosphere .

However when/if Pantheon releases and is a reasonable success, I hope that somebody will write the project history from the first idea leading to the failed kick starter through the game release . As we, the supporters and pledgers, have probably played a non negligible role in the early financing, it would be nice to hear one day how things really happened .

To be honest, McQuaid just needs to write an autobiography.  If he's honest in that book, I'd probably buy it.  From the intentional/unintentional success aspects of EQ1, through all the mistakes at Sigil, the substance abuse issues, and certainly the crazy ride of Pantheon, it would be an amazing story.  I hope he actually does that.  Can maybe turn some of the negatives into a positive which helps fund the company even further.  Think about it Brad.

• 432 posts
    July 14, 2018 2:18 AM PDT

Mathir said:

To be honest, McQuaid just needs to write an autobiography.  If he's honest in that book, I'd probably buy it.  From the intentional/unintentional success aspects of EQ1, through all the mistakes at Sigil, the substance abuse issues, and certainly the crazy ride of Pantheon, it would be an amazing story.  I hope he actually does that.  Can maybe turn some of the negatives into a positive which helps fund the company even further.  Think about it Brad.

This is a great idea . If Pantheon is a reasonable success, I'd buy it too especially as I have been along since basically Day 1 .

• 68 posts
    July 14, 2018 5:15 AM PDT

The cookie cutter min/max youll find on a website will not just be for the .001% im afraid to say. Depending on the size of raids, your specs might be very important as there will be only a few slots a guild might be able to carry. Sure you can run what ever spec you want for the few easy to semi-moderate bosses but once past moderate it will become much more important.

It is interested he went right to not having an ability or you cant raid with us, I have never understood people like this. Some guilds have standards, if you dont meet them find one that doesnt. I dont know why people get so upset over this.

I have a friend who plays WoW and he finally convinced me to try it. If youre comparing LFR and specs, I wouldnt. People are literally AFK/botting during those. They are so easy and boring. I quit within a month.

But like Portgon said, we have already given our money, now its time to sit back and enjoy the ride.