Forums » News and Announcements

The July Newsletter is Here!

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    July 11, 2018 9:13 AM PDT

We've got tons of new info this month to heal your summertime blues. A first look at our devout Clerics, mystical Shamans, and world-manipulating Druids. Plus: Underwraps shows off some major game progression, including a sneak peak at our new character models. All that and much much more!

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_july_intro/

This post was edited by Roenick at July 11, 2018 9:17 AM PDT
    • 41 posts
    July 11, 2018 9:23 AM PDT

Druid sounds great, now to read the others! - awesome news letter so far.

• 429 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:00 AM PDT

WOW ... Did i say WOW ?  You just made my choice oh so much harder .. The Druids sound so yummy all that utility and support , slightly disappointed I did not see the ability  to resurrect ( maybe i missed it ) .

Shamans what can I say perfect as usual :) . 

I felt both the Shaman and the Druid have so much flavor to them .. ( I dont play clerics so they look okay :P ) 

Oh and Yes fantastic newsletter this month  :):):) 

• 259 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:09 AM PDT

Great newsletter, thank you!

I love the direction the classes are heading, each one unique and playable in groups and raids.

I was just discussing this in P99 a few days ago with another player. He was upset, like many of us were back in EQ when certain classes were frowned upon in end game groups. I assured him that in Pantheon all classes would be viable and useable all the way through the game levels to include end game.

With each class reveal what VR has told us about all classes being viable is being reinforced.

Thanks to all the team for this!

This post was edited by Shyin at July 11, 2018 10:17 AM PDT
    • 200 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:31 AM PDT

Hi,

yes, this sounds good to me. All healers are viable but do different things with their own strengths and weaknesses. I hope this concept will be expanded to the other roles too.

Greetings

• 690 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:52 AM PDT

so, does conviction allow a cleric to cast heal while gliding/jumping/flying?

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at July 11, 2018 10:53 AM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    July 11, 2018 12:08 PM PDT

I've said it before, but I absolutely love the near-realistic look your team is taking with character models. I don't want to say photo realistic because orcs don't really exist. But if they did, you certainly make them look in game like they would look.

There’s too many WoW/cell-shaded/anime art MMO’s out there. I’m glad you are going a different direction with it.

Bravo!

This post was edited by bigdogchris at July 11, 2018 12:09 PM PDT
    • 441 posts
    July 11, 2018 12:16 PM PDT

WOW what a great update. If Bard is not at launch I want to roll a Cleric, Druid or Summoner. Cleric was last in line on that but after this update I am having a hard time picking between Cleric or Druid. Love the interplay of skills on all 3 classes. Will make it a skill based thing where someone playing can shine by how they use spells to make other spells more poweful. Hats off and keep up the great work =-)

• 126 posts
    July 11, 2018 12:40 PM PDT

Can't wait to meet the new incarnation of my druidess!! Been a long time coming.... will be beta before this happens, anyway.

• 1479 posts
    July 11, 2018 12:45 PM PDT

Very intriguing and interesting. I will love to see them in action, when time will come.

• 70 posts
    July 11, 2018 12:59 PM PDT

BeaverBiscuit said:

so, does conviction allow a cleric to cast heal while gliding/jumping/flying?

I imagine it simply prevents stuns and interrupts from stopping a heal from going off, the other conditions of casting would still need to be met. 

It prevents outside forces from preventing casting is how I interpret it so far. 

This post was edited by MedawkyVR at July 11, 2018 1:09 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:31 PM PDT

HOLE-EE-SQURRIEL DINGLEBERRIES!  I have found my main. The Druid and EVERYTHING about it sounds amazing. Reverberation!! Storm Keeper! Call Lightning! Upheaval!! Thunderpaw's Resilience!.. and Vinewoven Bridge!! WTF?? This isn't your Momma's Druid anymore!

Can't wait to get into Alpha and play this game. 

Great job team. You have revived my faith in the MMO.

• 945 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:20 PM PDT

Wow!!  Super exciting!  All of these look amazeballz

• 294 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:33 PM PDT

You all have done it again!!!

Totally enjoyed all the info on giants... I mean Giganaa.

Thanks for all you do.

• 7 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:11 PM PDT

Druid looks great, y'all outdid yourselves on that one. I'm a bit worried that the Shaman's Ancient Focus will be a bit OP in boss fights though.

• 216 posts
    July 11, 2018 7:49 PM PDT

I'm pretty set on playing as a Cleric but having a fluffy white fox as a companion or a wolf/bear pup makes it hard not to want to stray. I love all three of the healers they all seam to have their places in a group and I can imagine playing all of them and being happy. Still think I will be sticking to my cleric though I will just be jealous of all the companions druids and shamans get.

Fantastic news letter with a great Q&A, lovely class reveals, awesome preview of giants and lore. Can't ask for much more! Other than perhaps a PA3 stream or two to show off the new dire lord, ranger and paladin!

I do wish that the cleric preview also told us which skills need Celestial Power to be used/cast.

This post was edited by Kellie at July 11, 2018 9:36 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    July 12, 2018 7:18 AM PDT

Very nice newsletter - and I say that as someone that does not eagerly await class reveals.

I skim them and the healers look very nice but I won't really dive in until alpha rolls around.

But the newsletter had so many other things as well as the healers - great job.

• 2886 posts
    July 12, 2018 9:36 AM PDT

Shea said:

WOW ... Did i say WOW ?  You just made my choice oh so much harder .. The Druids sound so yummy all that utility and support , slightly disappointed I did not see the ability  to resurrect ( maybe i missed it ) .

Shamans what can I say perfect as usual :) . 

I felt both the Shaman and the Druid have so much flavor to them .. ( I dont play clerics so they look okay :P ) 

Oh and Yes fantastic newsletter this month  :):):) 

Remember these reveals are not an exhaustive list of all that class's abilities. They can only reveal so many or that would ruin part of the fun :P But fortunately in my PAX interview with Joppa, he said that currently the plan was for all healers to have their own unique type of rez.

• 85 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:04 AM PDT

I am really loving the class reveals. Thanks guys!

• 28 posts
    July 12, 2018 2:34 PM PDT

Enjoyed the newsletter and also the reveal of the healers. I would like to thank all at VR for their commitment and must say that the artwork is a delight to see, what a bunch of talented people you are xx

• 287 posts
    July 12, 2018 8:03 PM PDT
    Another amazing newsletter. The quality the past 6 months is so nice. I don't think we will have a healer shortage in this game as all three seem really enjoyable.
    • 217 posts
    July 13, 2018 1:15 AM PDT

Not a fan of Shammy, looks interesting but just not my flavor.  Druid looks really kool but cleric is my choice of healer.  Wish there was more interesting abilities/spells for them though.  Seems a little flat compared to the other two, not on a functionality standpoint just no really "wow" factor type items.

This post was edited by vigilantee13 at July 13, 2018 1:16 AM PDT
    • 483 posts
    July 13, 2018 4:10 AM PDT

Those world building before and after screenshots are amazing, so much proggress in making the world feel inhabited, waiting anxiously for a stream to show more of the progress *wink* 

• 523 posts
    July 13, 2018 12:42 PM PDT

vigilantee13 said:

Not a fan of Shammy, looks interesting but just not my flavor.  Druid looks really kool but cleric is my choice of healer.  Wish there was more interesting abilities/spells for them though.  Seems a little flat compared to the other two, not on a functionality standpoint just no really "wow" factor type items.

I dunno, being able to place that gigantic impassable shield wall and move it around as needed is pretty interesting.  You can bet the top Clerics are going to learn how to manipulate that.  Plus, Clerics get an ultimate pull spell with that lull that makes any mob that isn't directly attacked passive.  That's even better than the pacify line of spells in EQ1.  And then you have the fact they turn into wizards against the undead, which is always fun.  

• 8 posts
    July 13, 2018 4:10 PM PDT

so who is able to play the game so far because a friend is getting to play in 2 days time and when is it going to open beta pls anyone know off time line here