Forums » The Warrior

Banner Toggle Options

• 12 posts
    June 28, 2018 11:43 AM PDT

Hey all,

Since Warriors are receiving banner abilities, there should be a toggle option to allow visual banners to be seen in-game on the back of our characters. IMO, I do not want to be throwing down a banner that I seemingly pull out of my...erm...the air. Rangers should be having the same concern with arrows and quivers. I realize not all players would want this aesthetic, however, I believe it now to be essential in the class immersion.

Plain and simple; add a toggle option.

Thanks and tell me what you think! 

• 1194 posts
    June 28, 2018 12:05 PM PDT

I'd have prefered the banners of the warrior to appear on his back when activated, like a champion of some sort, rather than dropping them somewhere. Just my personnal taste.

http://www.darkeyestudios.co.uk/Jay/BT_Command_Squad03_files/BTCompanyChampion01.jpg

Something like this, with of course, european-medieval genre.

This post was edited by MauvaisOeil at June 28, 2018 12:07 PM PDT
    • 12 posts
    June 28, 2018 12:21 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

I'd have prefered the banners of the warrior to appear on his back when activated, like a champion of some sort, rather than dropping them somewhere. Just my personnal taste.

Yes, that is a great idea too. Maybe even make them permanent but they change symbol/color once switched (i.e. going from Banner of Arms to Onslaught) in combat. What about racial banners? An Ogre Warrior with a tribal banner and human with a medieval look? 

• 1194 posts
    June 28, 2018 12:32 PM PDT

Both ideas are great, I fear they aren't what they have in mind however :(.

• 62 posts
    July 17, 2018 10:15 PM PDT

I like both planting or wearing, and also toggling either. Could be usefull as markers or when placed or over a person to follow in a raid. Would be fun to have multipe warriors with different banners. Most likely it will be a spell effect or almost nothing at all like an emote.

• 48 posts
    July 25, 2018 7:14 AM PDT

I wonder if there will be a range indicator so people know to stand in range of the banner.. I kinda hope not; they're unsightly. 

Hopefully if you're in range you just get a buff on your buff bar and if you don't have it you know to move closer to the banner. 

Also I love the idea of having it on your back instead of planting it and it being an actual visual item you can see maybe there could be a cosmetic item quest to change the banner.

• 2058 posts
    July 25, 2018 1:36 PM PDT

Would be cool to see them carried on the back but it looks like they are planting them.

I hope there is a range indicator but something adjustable so it can be made very transparent to where it's almost not there. 

• 45 posts
    July 25, 2018 11:21 PM PDT

I would be happy with a translucent spell effect banner that shows when it is engage.

When playing in 3rd person banners, trees, or oversized pet make it difficult to watch adds.

• 88 posts
    July 30, 2018 5:44 AM PDT

Hmm maybe something attach to the UI  hotbar? Kinda like WoW did just make sure it is visibiliy able to to tell it is engaged?

• 12 posts
    August 1, 2018 7:26 AM PDT

darksaber8570 said:

Hmm maybe something attach to the UI  hotbar? Kinda like WoW did just make sure it is visibiliy able to to tell it is engaged?

Yes, I'm thinking the UI for the stances will be similar as well; simply hoping VR lets us apply it more realistically in-game.

• 62 posts
    August 6, 2018 11:01 PM PDT

Confirmed dropped, Lasted 30 seconds.

• 1194 posts
    August 7, 2018 1:44 AM PDT

Not gonna be super convenient if the duration is short... w&s .