Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Ok, I'm ready for another stream please.

• 844 posts
    June 21, 2018 9:23 AM PDT

Jonsin' for another stream. :(

• 66 posts
    June 21, 2018 10:34 AM PDT

Joppa alluded to a new series of upcoming streams in a recent VoT interview. There was a question about whether "real players" would get a chance to stream soon, with less participation by the devs, and he responded that they were planning exactly that soon.

• 188 posts
    June 21, 2018 11:04 AM PDT

I second this motion :-)

• 844 posts
    June 21, 2018 12:52 PM PDT

What do you think "real players" alludes to? Is that to differentiate from "streamers"?

I am fine with Cohh, if only he would drop his cam during streams. He is a fan and he does have at least some EQ background, even if he was a teeny-bopper. As a true professional streamer, his streams technical quality is superior than other non-partnered streams and newbie gamers. He has good insight from his EQ experience. And he does kind of try to show more details like the chat messages, loot and character skills and so forth.

I fear someone less familiar with "presentation" will do a much poorer job.

This post was edited by zewtastic at June 21, 2018 1:02 PM PDT
    • 20 posts
    June 21, 2018 2:08 PM PDT

I'm ready for a stream from the perspective of a wizard :)

• 154 posts
    June 21, 2018 5:20 PM PDT

I am so ready for another stream!

I do not know if the recent revealed classes would be ready, but I think it will be a big success if VR would select Dire Lord, and Paladin. Almost all streams have 2 warriors. We need to give some light to the other tanks. It would be perfect with the recent newsletter.

• 66 posts
    June 21, 2018 7:54 PM PDT

Zew, that was just the very specific phrasing of the question (from the VoT comments section I believe) when it was asked. They were running loosely off of a script for the interview, but I'm fairly sure that one was from the comments. I believe it was later in the stream, but I'd be hard pressed to cite it.

Anywho, I forget Chris/Joppa's exact response. The gist was yes, not (necessarily) professional streamers. Fans of some stripe, with less emphasis on devs playing. He was intentionally vague but said they had plans to implement some kind of structured release of streams. He also mentioned PAX (not necessarily as a parallel) and how they loved getting to test BRK with the attendees.

TL;DR - Joppa says more streams soon, specifically in some kind of planned or structured format with more new faces.

Edit: To Ithaca - pretty sure those class reveals are works in progress, as Chris has just recently cranked out the ideas/text behind the abilities. The most recent streams had sort of open classes, with the devs just selecting abilities/gear meant to go with a certain class but no static, locked classes (from what I could tell and what they hinted). I'm not sure what more they've coded in in terms of abilities or actual class restrictions/benefits/skills or the like. I know they semi-recently mentioned prioritizing their new zone build to use as a feature model for all subsequent zones though, so pretty seriously doubt they got all the new abilities in (tall order, that).

This post was edited by DagNabbit at June 21, 2018 8:07 PM PDT
    • 81 posts
    June 23, 2018 3:46 PM PDT

DagNabbit said:

TL;DR - Joppa says more streams soon, specifically in some kind of planned or structured format with more new faces.

QFE.

Thanks for elaborating, DagNabbit!

I'm really looking forward to the next stream, too. I love being the first one to share it with my guild. :D

...well, first to post it on Discord, anyway. Does kinda help that I'm the admin. ANYWAY. Thanks. :)

• 154 posts
    June 25, 2018 1:37 PM PDT

DagNabbit said:

Edit: To Ithaca - pretty sure those class reveals are works in progress, as Chris has just recently cranked out the ideas/text behind the abilities. The most recent streams had sort of open classes, with the devs just selecting abilities/gear meant to go with a certain class but no static, locked classes (from what I could tell and what they hinted). I'm not sure what more they've coded in in terms of abilities or actual class restrictions/benefits/skills or the like. I know they semi-recently mentioned prioritizing their new zone build to use as a feature model for all subsequent zones though, so pretty seriously doubt they got all the new abilities in (tall order, that).

I agree with you. It was my hope talking :) 

• 844 posts
    June 28, 2018 11:06 AM PDT

Hah, I think classes(all classes) will be a WIP for over the next year - at least.

• 844 posts
    July 14, 2018 9:59 AM PDT

bumping. Stream Please.

• 14 posts
    July 14, 2018 4:39 PM PDT

Ohhhhh dont i agree to bumping phazes :)