Forums » The Paladin

Warrior of the Holy Light

• 202 posts
    June 16, 2018 8:32 AM PDT

The Paladin reveal was all I could have hoped for!

As a little bit of background, I loved the Warrior of the Holy Light Archetype in Pathfinder RPG.  It really inspired me, and captured the essence of what I felt a true Paladin should be.  It feels like the Pantheon Paladin is cast from the same mold.  I got just a little bit happier and more excited every time I read "celestial light" or "celestial flame" in the class reveal, and they were in there a lot!

• 207 posts
    June 17, 2018 11:44 AM PDT

I honestly can't even express how excited this new reveal has made me feel. I don't even tank or like tanking, but the reveal just made me so much more excited for this game. Just knowing that you're not going to have to rely on one specific class type of tank in this game is so satisfying to hear. It really opens a lot of doors for different types of groups for Pantheon content.

And when I came home from work the other day and told my dad about the newsletter finally coming out; he got as giddy with excitement as a kid does when they find out their parents are taking them to Disney World. 

He planned on being a Paladin since he first found out about Pantheon. But, man oh man... When we were reading about the Paladin and its abilities - his eyes glittered with pure delight.

When they said Paladin would be tank AND utility, I couldn't help but wonder what they meant by that. I was almost a little scared to read on. So many games nowadays make tanks just that: Tanks. Nothing exciting, just a character with lots of HP and durability. Some have attempted more, but then you get tanks that deal way too much damage. League of Legends isn't an MMORPG, but their tanks are ridiculously overpowered. How can they even consider calling that thing a tank? You might as well just rename their "Champions" to "Bosses" and just have non stop boss fights.

I'll wait to get in game and experience the content before I completely trust VR's version of Tanks. Not that I don't want to trust them; I just have severe PTSD with all these other games that have been released. There seriously needs to be some form of regulation that doesn't allow just anyone to develope craptastic games with pretty trailers in order to generate fast cash.

• 228 posts
    June 17, 2018 9:44 PM PDT

I loved the paladin reveal too. So many diverse utility skills, and probably the coolest stance name (Venger Hymns) for any class ever. It's so cool to see a paladin get real bonuses against Undead, too. I pity the poor ghosts and zombies they happen to cross paths with!

• 69 posts
    June 20, 2018 6:12 AM PDT

Gyldervane said:

I loved the paladin reveal too. So many diverse utility skills, and probably the coolest stance name (Venger Hymns) for any class ever. It's so cool to see a paladin get real bonuses against Undead, too. I pity the poor ghosts and zombies they happen to cross paths with!

This.  Finally a Paladin with actual strengths against undead.  So many games always liked to put a bit in class description about how devasting they would be against undead, but in reality they had a minimal damage boost (which for a class with practically zero damage, was nothing to get excited about).  Also, the whole sense undead thing...I don't care about the ability but love the idea of the glow effect!

• 65 posts
    August 18, 2018 2:59 PM PDT

I have been a Pally since EQ1 and have always loved the class above all. A tank that can spot heal, rez, hate dump, and burst DPS. The pure utility of the Pally has been exciting in almost each game I have played one in. I am tremendously excited to see how the Pally plays in Pantheon.

Pally for life!

Red