Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Zone wide events

• 627 posts
    June 16, 2018 12:09 AM PDT
    One of my favorite things about Eq was when there was a zone wide event.

For me it helps a lot with my immersion that I was a part of the world that was forever changing.

Will we see this in pantheon aswell?

It could be simple things as an undead invasion triggered by some dark magicians, as a player we then had to go and fix this situation and bring the zone back to a normal state.

It could be that some zones get hit by a snow storm, tornados or extreme heat.

It could be triggered by a players quest.

It could be triggered after a guild killed the end boss, like a festival in the nearby capital city.

It could be a volcano that start erupting, bringing lava golems to our surface.

A war against the ratkin and the nearby human fortress.

It could be a gladiator event in the skar or ogre city where players fight against npcs and other players and the last man standing will get a cool titel "arena master" or maybe a cool item.

It could be triggered by seasons or months, and only be available once a year for a couple of weeks. Here special items could be collected and other players could envy such special loot until next time it's available again.

It might be a LOT of work, but if there is time I hope to see some events like this.

Other mmos did this also like rift and warhammer online, but they did it in such way that one event was basically the same as the other and after very short time it got to genuin. and you only did the rifts due to item drops and rep. Therefor if it's done it needs to be done in a way that it's not just a copy pasta of the same thing.

I'm sorry if a thread like this already exists, but I don't know how to search the forum.

Please feel free to post your own ideas, for events like these and comment on the zone events if you like these or not.
    • 3852 posts
    June 16, 2018 10:42 AM PDT

I believe they have said that they intend to be fairly active in the game, and to have events. 

How many will be major zone-wide or server events amd how many will be more localized (dragon appears in the skies and attacks town - will the players in the area be able to defend the town?) is doubtlessly unknown at this time.

I don't know if there are any plans to have any "persistant universe" elements. As in if the dragon wins the town is ashes and no one can get a quest there or use the merchants there unless it is rebuilt. Perhaps with multiple quests for players relating to what is needed to rebuild it. Any resemblance to the Hytbold quests in LOTRO purely unintended, of course.

• 627 posts
    June 16, 2018 11:09 AM PDT
    Very cool I for one would love to have events that will bring players together, cross guilds and friendlists and work towards a shared goal. In a social pve oriented game these events would be very fitting.
  • June 16, 2018 11:48 AM PDT

I think a lot of players suffer through a “Groundhog Day” like experience where once you have spent even minimal amount of time in a zone, it seems perfectly static. Same NPCs in the same places, saying the same things, in the same clothes, with same birdsong background noise … etc.

And while I appreciate that changing that would require extraordinary resources with questionable return, intermittent zone-wide events are a great way to mix things up a bit in a significant way. And while no event will satisfy every one of us persnickety players, I think we can all appreciate that they are better than the same experience everyday of every week of every year - or at least until 1990s Andie MacDowell loves me.

• 2038 posts
    June 16, 2018 2:28 PM PDT

FAQs

20.7 Will Pantheon have GM events to keep the world exciting?

Not just GM events, but an intricate Event System to keep the world more dynamic and a commitment by the live team to revamp older zones to keep them popular as well.

There ya go

• 627 posts
    June 16, 2018 3:37 PM PDT
    Thanks jothany!

So let's brain storm on some wicked cool events guys! All ideas welcome!!
    • 627 posts
    June 16, 2018 11:55 PM PDT
    Monthly event with local quest

Villagers report that their sheep has gone missing and of a strange sound coming from far up in the woods. As a faint awuuuuu. Tonight it's fullmoon could you go and take a look?

Weekly fishing occurrence

The dark myr fishermen report of a strange fenonomen, a lot of small fish has gone towards the shallow water, as if they where scared of something.
    Hurry up and catch some! (optional go search for what's causing these fish to be scared)

Every 14th day

Our woodcutters report of some strange, unnatural dancing lights coming from the woods.
    The wisps of the forest have gathered in order to preform a special protecting spell. The player can join in and receive a buff and colorfully mana. maybe more mysteries lie underneath. Who or what, are they protecting them self's from?
    • 332 posts
    June 17, 2018 1:07 AM PDT

Use the basic concept of rifts dynamic spawn / event system. The event's are basicly public accessed and rewards are based on how much participation.

• 627 posts
    June 17, 2018 1:28 AM PDT

Harvest festival one every year, for 3 weeks.

To every thing there's a season. A time to plant, a time to pluk. The farmers need help with collecting their yield. reputation and trade skill event.

Winter season event.

Collecting mining supplies for the army and wood for the dwarven people to keep them warm and safe during the long winter. The undead has moved closer this winter than ever before. The dwarfs need help with collection iron, bronze and wood to keep their city and people safe for the winter. Help the dwarfs for rep and small coin. Why are the undead moving this close to the city gates this winter? Explore the reson why and bring an end to the cold undead.

Weekly event Sandwurm.

The desert oasis has been hit hard by a sandstorm lately, the nomads has reported that some of their horses and men has gone missing, with no trace to find. Go explore the reson to their disappearance and why theres a constant sand storm in the area, thread wicely...

This post was edited by BamBam at June 17, 2018 2:07 AM PDT
    • 627 posts
    June 17, 2018 1:59 AM PDT

Every 3th day event A local huntsman has come across a levitating fether, go track down the origin of this feather. Roumers say that it can only belongs to an ancient mythical beast called a Pegasus. Find more feathers in the wilderness, if a player can gather enough, the craftsmen in the town can craft the Cape of levitation for the player. With bonus movement speed and slow fall effect. Optional kill the ancient beast and the towns craftsmen can use its horn to make healing assessories that can purge plague, cure poisons and nullify fever.

Every Friday event 

A grp of mad summoners are performing a dark ritual to summon an enhanced magical iron golem. (boss mob) Players can interrupt there ritual and potentially save the lands or wait and try to defeat this twisted evil. 

Every Saturday event

A dark Direlord are planning to invade the lands of the elfs he's army are moving through the zones leaving havoc in its wastes. Players has to come together onorder to stop he's crusade and avoid civilian loses in the elven city.

Every 3 day event 

Our traveling traders report of a Gobling Horder that ambushed caravans in the nearby lands, go take care of this creature and bring back he's head.

Mod Edit: Consolidated triple post as it is against forum guidelines.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 17, 2018 6:10 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    June 17, 2018 5:16 PM PDT

BamBam said: I don't know how to search the forum.

On the forum home page (https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums ) just use the "Search Forum" bar on the upper right hand part of the page. You can search for keywords like "event" or "events" in this case. If you want to peruse other peoples ideas, there indeed already are some threads on this :) https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/search?query=events&type=forum_topic&submit=