Forums » Pantheon Classes

Added classes after release.

• 38 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:37 AM PDT

Hi all, I have 2 questions. I know and it had been said that Necromancer and Bard will be expansion added classes.

1) I just want to know if Beastlord would eventually be a class that would be added in a future?

2) This one is the most important. Would a class similar to EQOA's Alchemist be something that VR would be interested in adding one day? That was my favorite class in EQOA and havent seen any class like it in any game since then, I think the class was really unique and had its fun points in the game as a caster and support class.

Would also like to hear everybodies thoughts on this espacially on the Alchemist class (can be called potioneer so it dosent mess up the alchemist crafting line of idea if that appears) 

This post was edited by Servirus at June 13, 2018 12:38 AM PDT
    • 189 posts
    June 13, 2018 6:37 AM PDT

What exactly did the Alchemist consist of? I didn't play EQOA and have never seen or heard of Alchemist in another game.

• 1860 posts
    June 13, 2018 7:02 AM PDT

Bards will be in on release.

• 38 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:45 PM PDT

fancy said:

What exactly did the Alchemist consist of? I didn't play EQOA and have never seen or heard of Alchemist in another game.

http://eqoa.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Z6XYwGAes

first link is a very short description of alchemist as a class/spells and second link is a video of a top lvl alchemist exping. They were potion wileders that had to summon their different types of potion to dmg and give effects to the mobs, could share some potions with group and boot up stats they could move while attaking since they threw potions so good for kiting, if they had to use a spell they had to stand still. you had to remake your potions when you used them all up, so you had to always be active with the alchemist hitting mobs and remaking your potions in downtime. they were able to tank some camps at max lvl with Master class or Alternate advncements however you wanna call em (non raid content), becuase of a specific lvl 60 potion that gave em huge hp buff which was also tradable and gave to tanks so healers could have a less hard time healing and doing more dynamic stuff. they were in my description a caster/support class based on AoE dmg (potions explode so they hit everything in area.

Again best most active and interactive class i've played wish somethign similar would be able to appear in the future of pantheon.

PS, Ty for the update of bard at game release :)

This post was edited by Servirus at June 13, 2018 12:45 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    June 13, 2018 3:08 PM PDT

philo said:

I feel obligated to clarify that that's not 100% confirmed yet. Joppa is confident that he can get them to a point where they're ready. But it's not a guarantee.

• 595 posts
    June 13, 2018 3:33 PM PDT

Servirus said:

fancy said:

Thanks for sharing.  The video is a little lost on me sadly, as I never played EQOA.  Seems to be a lot going on, and with no frame of reference its hard to follow.  With that said, I will take your word that the class was fun and unique!

I can't offer you any sort of info as to what VR are thinking for expansion classes beyond what we know regarding Bard and Necromancer.  I would venture a guess that we won't know for a long time, especially considering we're just now receiving definitive launch class information nearly 5 years into development.

This post was edited by Nikademis at June 13, 2018 3:34 PM PDT
    • 38 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:30 PM PDT

Nikademis said:

Servirus said:

fancy said:

Thanks for sharing.  The video is a little lost on me sadly, as I never played EQOA.  Seems to be a lot going on, and with no frame of reference its hard to follow.  With that said, I will take your word that the class was fun and unique!

I can't offer you any sort of info as to what VR are thinking for expansion classes beyond what we know regarding Bard and Necromancer.  I would venture a guess that we won't know for a long time, especially considering we're just now receiving definitive launch class information nearly 5 years into development.

Sadly there are not alot of good videos of the game since there really wasnt alot you could do to tape or record videos of the game at the time it was out i was also a teen at the time with no access to video cameras ect, but yeah it was a fun game, so much that some people of the community with computer skills are trying to renengineer the game since theres no other way to get it, and as i previouly stated the class was awsome hopefully someone in VR will read this and make some sort of comment on it, i know they are busy but they also read alot of the forums and answer questions. Maybe just by posting this they will get an idea to make a class similar to Alchemist or even make it better. I'm still super pumped for the game. The games since eq1 and eqoa have not fullfilled the gaming experience which i loved about the games and the primary pvp games get stale fast. There is an itch that im seeing being scratched from this game. :)

• 31 posts
    August 25, 2018 12:38 PM PDT

This was a great twitch stream addressing some of these questions I believe...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhUKChiOPI

• 1860 posts
    August 26, 2018 3:19 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

philo said:

I feel obligated to clarify that that's not 100% confirmed yet. Joppa is confident that he can get them to a point where they're ready. But it's not a guarantee.

Baz always feels the need to remind us that things could change.  We all understand that. Does it really need to be said repeatedly?  I give people the benefit of the doubt that they understand the current state of the game in that regard.

As we know, Joppa said he is confident that bards will be in on release. 

If anyone needs a more official response than that they will have to wait until release to be sure...as with anything else.

This post was edited by philo at August 26, 2018 3:20 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    August 28, 2018 10:23 AM PDT

philo said:

Baz always feels the need to remind us that things could change.  We all understand that. Does it really need to be said repeatedly?  I give people the benefit of the doubt that they understand the current state of the game in that regard.

As we know, Joppa said he is confident that bards will be in on release. 

If anyone needs a more official response than that they will have to wait until release to be sure...as with anything else.

Yes, it does need to be repeated again and again because examples abound over the last 4.5 years on these forums where people assume that this or that will will be guaranteed or that some mechanic, stat, ability or spell is the final version. 

• 1860 posts
    August 29, 2018 1:41 AM PDT

You need to give people more credit. Those who don't understand what pre-alpha/early development means are the minority. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease but there is no need to constantly remind everyone that the game is still in early testing because of the few dummies who don't get it. Stop catering to the lowest common denominator.

It's to the point where it hinders discussions about the current state of the game.  We don't need disclaimers for every little thing.  

This post was edited by philo at August 29, 2018 1:52 AM PDT