Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

NPC interaction/damage looting

• 13 posts
    June 6, 2018 2:19 PM PDT

2 thing I would like to see

1 dynamic NPC in that say, we attack a gnoll mound such as PAW in EQ after months of being attacked they would move to another area of the (zone) or send out raiding parties to attack players on the trials or their camps or even foolishly towns, and even since we have killed off the experienced gnolls the instance becomes easier for a while and then harder after the new gnolls gain fighting experience.

2 a system where looting can be randomized by the damage done to the MOB IE like if I attack a MOB with piercing weapons only and it wore chain mail I have a higher chance of getting the MOB armour on top of its weapon and other loot it may have, but say it is wearing plate armour and I use blunt weapons I have no chance of looting the armour only the other loot items but if wearing leather a very high chance of getting the armour also. So the damage type can affect what armor and weapons we can possible loot.       

• 769 posts
    June 6, 2018 2:26 PM PDT

Arizona said:

2 thing I would like to see

1 dynamic NPC in that say, we attack a gnoll mound such as PAW in EQ after months of being attacked they would move to another area of the (zone) or send out raiding parties to attack players on the trials or their camps or even foolishly towns, and even since we have killed off the experienced gnolls the instance becomes easier for a while and then harder after the new gnolls gain fighting experience.

2 a system where looting can be randomized by the damage done to the MOB IE like if I attack a MOB with piercing weapons only and it wore chain mail I have a higher chance of getting the MOB armour on top of its weapon and other loot it may have, but say it is wearing plate armour and I use blunt weapons I have no chance of looting the armour only the other loot items but if wearing leather a very high chance of getting the armour also. So the damage type can affect what armor and weapons we can possible loot.       

1st one: I like it. 

2nd one: The idea of not getting certain loot that I've been hoping for because the warrior in my party won't not use a giant hammer on a mob with plate, makes me angry. 

• 2756 posts
    June 6, 2018 2:32 PM PDT

Interesting.

I think the dynamic NPCs thing has been talked about quite a lot, but the damage type aiding or hindering loot drops is interesting.

I would be cool to think "Oo, must not use fire on these, they sometimes carry the scrolls I need for research" or "Don't pummel that guy to death, I want his shield!"

• 13 posts
    June 6, 2018 2:38 PM PDT

Just to be sure Tralynn are you referring to say boss loots or rare loot? 

For those and I should have made my self-clear they would have a different possibility of getting the plate armor but it would also need to be repaired since in true functioning hitting the plate with a war hammer will cause the plate a great deal of damage and second possibility could be the warrior may have only hit the MOB in the head not damaging the body armour so now the helm is usless  

• 752 posts
    June 6, 2018 5:52 PM PDT

They have stated that based on certain dynamic situations, certain things can occur. Option 1 is something that can be considered. Upon killing too many of a certain race either a higher level race overtakes them or they bring reinforcements to counter the threat. This is dynamic content 101 so to speak.

I am open to option 2..... within reason. I don't want all plate dropping because group is primarily plate wearers. I think its better to hold off on this dynamic content choice until further tested.

• 287 posts
    June 8, 2018 6:54 PM PDT

I love the idea of #1.  If there are caves and camps all over the world they could be used by groups of social mobs, high level named mobs and everything in between on a semi-random, migrating basis. If as you say a group of gnolls gets fed up with being attacked they could move on to another cave/camp, abandoning the first. After some time of disuse something else could take over that first site. Camp locations could move around so they're not always in the same static location.  And you'd never know what you might find in that cave... Today it's gnolls, next week it's the Uber God of Pwning Your Face. Surprise!

For #2 I'm not so sure. That might result in a glut of gear on the market if you can play out the combat properly and predictably.

• 162 posts
    June 8, 2018 7:29 PM PDT

Lol @#1 Spawning Flippy Darkpaw 2305791694975402465....

Nah, just kidding... but yes, it would be awesome to see some slighltly intelligent life from some of these mobs other than just standing there waiting to be attacked. I mean, if you think about it, eventually they are going to reproduce and make more and more the less it's attacked, so if everyone left it alone for a couple of months you'd figure it would be one helluva fight to get back in. Or maybe they make a second home somewhere and just keep growing. However, i will say, i have no idea how hard it is to program this kind of stuff. So what i would like to see vs. whats possible could be unrealistic. 

• 13 posts
    June 8, 2018 7:51 PM PDT

Just Imagine in pantheon hearing the legend of flippy from a far-off world when given a quest to hunt gnolls or any other EQ famous MOBS or the jum jum you cant catch me 

• 217 posts
    June 10, 2018 2:05 PM PDT

Nillipus the time traveling brownie!