Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Time for a head count!

• 7 posts
    June 12, 2018 9:13 AM PDT
    Pvp only
    • 2 posts
    June 12, 2018 10:48 AM PDT

I love PVP a lot in games that are focused on PVE because it keems the environment dangerous just when you think you have bested everything. Though I do prefer faction/alignment based PVP (would like to see atleast 3 factions such as "Good" "Evil" and a "Neutral" alignment of some sort that can attack any faction in PVP). With the "Neutral" alignment, they could receive some disadvantages for not having aligned themselves and could perhaps miss out on access to some quests, vendors, and the safety of a city's walls. Without these disadvantages, many PVPers would align themselves this way and I feel that FFA PVP has the potential to greatly discourage cooperation. I wouldn't want PVP to break PVE and vice versa. That all being said, I also think that it would make sense to allow players to switch their factions/alignments but not at the press of a button. It should be a process. 

• 45 posts
    June 12, 2018 1:13 PM PDT

I have PvPed my entire online "career" starting in UO. To me - PvP is a vital part of any MMO and brings an aspect to the game that is exciting, challenging, and fun.

• 49 posts
    June 12, 2018 2:06 PM PDT

PvPer here. I look forward to both the PvE and PvP aspects of the game, but PvP to me often provides the longevity in games. Fortunately VR is open to hearing more than the PvE super-majority on the forum. 

• 2 posts
    June 14, 2018 11:07 AM PDT

PVE & RP !

• 5 posts
    June 18, 2018 6:42 PM PDT

FFA PvP is my vote. I think it makes for a richer experience when the groups/alliances you form are player made rather than artificially enforced by game structure.

• 4 posts
    June 26, 2018 6:18 PM PDT

I'm game for some PVP

• 690 posts
    June 26, 2018 11:26 PM PDT

RP for my pve and pvp for some fun every now and again.

• 4 posts
    June 27, 2018 12:27 PM PDT

My husband and I are heavily PVE, however, we will do some group PVP to assist our guild if fun.  I've tried RP, but can't stay in character, lol.  We're looking at Pantheon because it is a cooperative game that is PVE based.  

• 23 posts
    June 27, 2018 4:23 PM PDT

Pure PvE all the way.

Really looking forward to playing a true healer again.

• 23 posts
    June 27, 2018 4:34 PM PDT

zendrel said: PvE only here. MMOs today put way too much focus on pvp and it's what usually causes their failure.

I have seen so many "new" MMOs come out with open world PvP. Boy do they fade away so fast....

A really good PvE world builds such a great community. They play there, adventure there, and live there. For years.

• 22 posts
    June 29, 2018 10:01 AM PDT

PvE and only PvE, for this type of MMO. ShadowBane, UO that is a diffrent story.

• 10 posts
    June 29, 2018 4:49 PM PDT

Former Rallos Zek player here PvP for sure

• 363 posts
    June 30, 2018 1:17 AM PDT

I have played both PvE and PvP centric MMO's and I like them both.

That said, if this game is ultimately similar to EQ (no zones of course ;) ) with an open world with shared goals, and shared dungeons it seems like it could easily lead to a lot of griefing which could be a fun way to get people to group up. Still hard to say. Its not like that won't happen on PvE servers with mob trains, but in a PvP environment it could get ugly just fighting over the basics. I'd probably end up just playing on the PvE server.

I always enjoyed the large PvP areas designated for fighting in Warhammer Online, but again not sure how that would play out here. :D

This post was edited by Willeg at June 30, 2018 8:54 AM PDT
    • 44 posts
    June 30, 2018 3:38 PM PDT

PVE Only

• 5 posts
    June 30, 2018 3:46 PM PDT

The question was "How many PvP and RP fans do we have within our awesome community?" yet people keep posting PvE.

• 1120 posts
    June 30, 2018 3:56 PM PDT

leer said:

The question was "How many PvP and RP fans do we have within our awesome community?" yet people keep posting PvE.

Because everyone wants to voice their opinions,  especially when asked by Kilsin.

• 5 posts
    June 30, 2018 4:53 PM PDT

Porygon said:

Because everyone wants to voice their opinions,  especially when asked by Kilsin.

PvE has nothing to do with the question.  Obviously this is primarily a PvE game.  The question is to see who will be PvPing or RPing.

• 151 posts
    June 30, 2018 5:04 PM PDT
    I read the inquirery as proportional, a percentage. Just PvP and RP only gives a number of how many responsed, not how much of the community they represent.
    • 13 posts
    July 3, 2018 11:21 AM PDT
    I guess I can't consider myself an RPer in the context some have given here. I come from an early internet breed that storyboarded exclusively on forums, MUDs or generally anything text-based, and I feel that's still the best place for actual depth and artistic merit. I find having a visual cue I can't escape from is too distracting to form the sort of narrative I wish to put out, not to mention being restricted in the way of motion. I can take a character I create in-game and RP it out of game however. I do sort of channel my persona at most times in-game at the very least though.

So, prying myself from that digression, I'd alternate to PVP, while an ambient "semi" RP would permeate the majority of what I get up to. I won't dedicate too much of myself to PVP that's a side product. If however it turns out to be pretty good, I may well find myself on a PVP server, as I love meaningful OW PVP. It's actually the mode of PVP I enjoy the most when it comes to MMORPGs - since there's plenty of superior arena games out there that I play on rotation already. Why? An added layer of unpredictability, I'm fuelled by chaos. ;D
    • 74 posts
    July 3, 2018 3:53 PM PDT

PvP makes things so damn interesting.

• 67 posts
    July 3, 2018 3:57 PM PDT

PVE for sure

• 11 posts
    July 3, 2018 5:54 PM PDT

PVE, and I like the option of hopping onto a PVP server if the mood strikes.

• 13 posts
    July 3, 2018 6:03 PM PDT

PvE + RP fan! :D 

• 40 posts
    July 3, 2018 6:20 PM PDT

PvE+RP Server for me please - I loved the Fironie Vie Server.