Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Time for a head count!

• 6 posts
    August 1, 2018 11:35 PM PDT

PVE with objective based "game" pvp seperate from the PVE

• 17 posts
    August 2, 2018 9:46 AM PDT

PvE would be my main interest, PvP not so much aless they had a race wars server.

• 1 posts
    November 20, 2018 6:54 PM PST

Why wait in line at the DMV because we must? Why wait in line to down a mob PVP !

• 1 posts
    November 20, 2018 7:53 PM PST

PvP, nothing ups the difficuly of leveling like PvP time. Will make a hopefully dangerous PvE experience all the better. Keep that head on a swivel!

• 26 posts
    November 20, 2018 10:44 PM PST

I enjoy all forms of content. PVP is typically much lower on my priority list, but it can spice up the day :P

PVP tends to encourage a lot of toxicity and toxic behaviors, such as attacking those already engaged in mobs, ganging up, camping, etc. A good honest brawl in the world is fun, but, like i said ppl who have nothing better to do than to camp really ruin the experience for me. So I typically avoid pvp servers, I had my fill of them for over 10 years in variour mmos and moving to a PVE server was just so much more fun in the long run for me, but I did miss the random pvp at times.

• 6 posts
    November 20, 2018 11:02 PM PST

PvP for me!

• 122 posts
    November 21, 2018 1:41 PM PST

i like PVE and PVP

• 9 posts
    November 21, 2018 2:14 PM PST

i love open world pvp but for this game i think it will better to just role a pve server as much as i love pvping

• 2 posts
    November 21, 2018 6:18 PM PST

Here's for another vote for planes level PVE!!!

• 36 posts
    November 21, 2018 6:54 PM PST

PVE since I only enjoy concented PVP anyways :)

• 3016 posts
    November 21, 2018 8:51 PM PST

My preference:  Open world pvp on an pvp ruleset server (ala DAOC)...no pvp in a box (arenas)   Pve on a pve ruleset server...no crossovers of pve and pvp on the same server.     It was already stated by the Devs that balancing for pve and pvp would be balanced for pvp on pvp servers,   balanced for pve on pve servers.

Cana 

• 32 posts
    November 22, 2018 12:49 AM PST

PVE all the way. I don't mind open world PVP, but I don't excel at it. No chance I am going to be doing a battleground. I won't be RPing either.

• 18 posts
    November 22, 2018 4:05 AM PST

Love both PVE and PVP - especially in-your-face-open-world PVP.     In fact, one of the major motivations for my PvE gear progression is being able to:

A.  Show off at a city hub with my shiny gear.

B.  Out-last the opposing team's healer due to my superior healing technique and top shelf gear.

The feeling of being superior is my main driver - and PvP done correctly, when not tainted by 'pvp specific' gear or abilities or dmg reductions etc etc, is the best part of the MMO, IMO!    

However, if there is no major PvP, I will be happy to just stand around in my shiny gear!

Cheers

• 18 posts
    November 22, 2018 4:08 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

My preference:  Open world pvp on an pvp ruleset server (ala DAOC)...no pvp in a box (arenas)   Pve on a pve ruleset server...no crossovers of pve and pvp on the same server.     It was already stated by the Devs that balancing for pve and pvp would be balanced for pvp on pvp servers,   balanced for pve on pve servers.

Cana 

Can you clarify this statement?  

The way I interpret it suggests that the devs plan on tuning the game differently for PvE servers vs. PvP servers?  I.e. class balance stuff?  Seems odd to me if true.

A link to the discussion or any light you can shed would be great!  

• 1019 posts
    November 22, 2018 4:10 AM PST

PvE ruleset server with either a crossover zone, or central zone that has very valuable resouces that is a PvP zone.  I like my adventuring to be PvE only and find it exciting to enter a PvP zone only if I want to, not need to.  So this crossover zone has another way around it, but the very valuable resouce zone, thats just the way it is.

• 1618 posts
    November 22, 2018 9:19 AM PST

PVE all the way. PVP only after I get bored with everything else and need something new.

• 1247 posts
    November 22, 2018 9:34 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Cana 

Exactly. Well said. PVP with ruleset perhaps similar to SZ deity-based teams; something of the like. PVE would just be what it is. 

• 416 posts
    November 22, 2018 10:24 AM PST

PVE, but seriously considering trying a PVE RP server

• 1247 posts
    November 22, 2018 10:27 AM PST

@Thorndeep RP is cool too.

• 19 posts
    November 22, 2018 10:59 AM PST

I have to go with PvE these days. Once upon a time, I lived and breathed pvp. But after what pvp has become in most MMO's, it murdered my desire to PvP. RP... haven't really tried, I MIGHT give it a go... but PvE is where I'm at now. ^^

• 3016 posts
    November 22, 2018 11:28 AM PST

Wall said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Cana 

Can you clarify this statement?  

The way I interpret it suggests that the devs plan on tuning the game differently for PvE servers vs. PvP servers?  I.e. class balance stuff?  Seems odd to me if true.

A link to the discussion or any light you can shed would be great!  

Yup the Devs plan on tuning pve for pve and pvp for pvp...separate ruleset servers.   To do with class balancing.   At least far as I know...haven't heard anything different up to now.   I'm sure you remember all the past complaints about this issue from many gamers in many games.   The Pantheon difference. :)

From the FAQ:   https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/16.1 ; --The issue with balance and PvP vs PvE is not one that is that difficult to solve but it does require planning: you just use different formulas and data - you don't cross your streams. That way, if we need to make Paladins in PvE more powerful, we can do that without disrupting PvP balance. And vice versa.

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at November 22, 2018 11:34 AM PST
    • 560 posts
    November 22, 2018 1:23 PM PST

I am interested in this game for PVE 

I prefer my PVE and PVP game do not mix. When they do mix I normaly lose all interest.

I have very little good experience with RP but have nothing against the idea just have not meet the right people I guess.

• 1247 posts
    November 22, 2018 3:30 PM PST

I thought PVE, RP, and deity team-based PVP worked pretty well in Classic EQ.

• 40 posts
    November 22, 2018 5:03 PM PST

PvP with challenging immersive non-instanced PvE that supports content control and guild politics.

My favourite gaming experiences have been with EQ (Vallon Zek Team PvP), and Vanguard (Tharridon / Sartok FFA PvP).

• 2 posts
    November 23, 2018 4:55 AM PST

I'm a fan of PVE and PVP.  I like the difficulties and interesting things that can occur when PVP happens in an open world.  Moreso if such things are able to be witnessed / acted upon by NPCs in the environment.