Forums » News and Announcements

Get to Know Pantheon’s Classes This Summer!

• 9115 posts
    May 18, 2018 3:07 AM PDT

You’ve called for it. And, we’re here to answer those calls!

We’re aware of the fact that the Pantheon community is dying to know more about the 12 classes that we plan to launch with. And, so it begins, we’ll not only tell you, but show you, more about our Melee DPS, Healer, Tank, and Caster classes. We have started off with the Ranger, Rogue and Monk and with each reveal, you’ll learn about each class’ armor, weaponry, ability arsenal, iconic abilities and more!

As with many MMOs that came before Pantheon, classes are extremely important - to your gameplay as well as a player’s personal preferences. What makes these classes even more important in Pantheon is how they are uniquely designed. Understanding the core traditions, we've put a new spin on our classes to freshen them up while keeping them famliar. What if rangers could not only bounce between ranged and melee dps but look good doing it? Or summon a pair of hawks to fly them across a chasm? What if the Druid could manipulate the weather around her to influence the course of battle? What if a Cleric could summon a large wall of light that was not only mobile but could block enemies from easily reaching his party?

As we reveal each class in the coming weeks, join the discussion on our forums and tell us which class (or classes) you are most excited about!

Ranger: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/49/the-ranger

Rogue: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/23/the-rogue

Monk: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/51/the-monk

This post was edited by BenD at May 18, 2018 5:15 AM PDT
    • 780 posts
    May 18, 2018 4:52 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

You’ve called for it. And, we’re here to answer those calls!

We’re aware of the fact that the Pantheon community is dying to know more about the 12 classes that we plan to launch with. And, so it begins, we’ll not only tell you, but show you, more about our Melee DPS, Healer, Tank, and Caster classes. We have started off with the Ranger, Rogue and Monk and with each reveal, you’ll learn about each class’ armor, weaponry, ability arsenal, iconic abilities and more!

Man, you’re not kidding there!  It was a long wait, but I’m very pleased with what you gave us for Monk, Ranger, and Rogue.  If the other classes are done nearly as well this is going to be a hell of a game.  Are Healers next, then, or did you order those archetypes arbitrarily?

Edit:  I’m so pleased, in fact, that I’ve decided to drop my Anti-Skar campaign.  I now feel confident that you guys won’t allow them to be as terrible as the concept art makes me think they’ll be.  Just don’t let me down.

Edit 2:  Missing word...also, profile pics all changed, Bazgrim.  =P

This post was edited by Shucklighter at May 18, 2018 6:33 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    May 18, 2018 5:47 AM PDT

Shucklighter said:

I’m so pleased, in fact, that I’ve decided to drop my Anti-Skar campaign.  

I'll believe it when you change your profile pic :P

• 44 posts
    May 18, 2018 6:28 AM PDT

I want to be all of the people.

• 39 posts
    May 18, 2018 7:40 AM PDT

I am gonna need at least 12 slots, want to try them all. :)

• 151 posts
    May 18, 2018 8:23 AM PDT

Probably why we get 2 digital copies with pledges, for 12 slots....

• 626 posts
    May 18, 2018 11:57 AM PDT

Woohoo!!!! 

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    May 18, 2018 12:04 PM PDT

Are Healers next, then, or did you order those archetypes arbitrarily?

Randomly listed. The next archetype is a surprise.

• 217 posts
    May 18, 2018 1:14 PM PDT

Ooh Im excited!! Thnx VR!!

• 18 posts
    May 18, 2018 6:41 PM PDT

Looking forward to seeing the Wizard work up.

• 393 posts
    May 19, 2018 7:38 PM PDT

What an awesome, and much needed, reveal! Thanks Kilsin and VR!!!

• 24 posts
    May 19, 2018 8:02 PM PDT

Feels like you guys have really fleshed out their abilities and individuality.

This post was edited by brandon at May 27, 2018 6:50 PM PDT
    • 319 posts
    May 20, 2018 8:07 AM PDT

I am loving the Rogue as my alt. I am a faithful druid and see no reason to stray. I was thinking Dire lord as an alt but the Rogue looks really tempting. Hopefully the next reveal will be as awesome.

I really love the new class reveal page and want more asap.

• 945 posts
    May 20, 2018 4:26 PM PDT
    Finally getting my fix! Thanks! :)
    • 208 posts
    May 20, 2018 7:10 PM PDT

The information was worth the wait guys!  Nice job on organizing and giving enough info to show the difference in the classes :)  Cant wait to see what you do with the cleric, druid and shaman classes.  I hope these are the template for all the other class pages..  Great Job guys!!

• 209 posts
    May 21, 2018 1:35 AM PDT

I loved the first set of reveals and can't wait for the rest! I really like the look of the new class pages too. Great job to everyone involved!

• 3016 posts
    May 22, 2018 2:42 PM PDT

Hyperium said:

Probably why we get 2 digital copies with pledges, for 12 slots....

Well you could share the second digital copy with a friend too. :)  In the end, up to you. :)

• 3016 posts
    May 22, 2018 2:43 PM PDT

BenD said:

Are Healers next, then, or did you order those archetypes arbitrarily?

Randomly listed. The next archetype is a surprise.

Dark Myr enchanters,  oceans..(yes I tend to repeat myself lol)

• 1 posts
    May 22, 2018 10:28 PM PDT

When Bard reveal? ;)

• 3852 posts
    May 23, 2018 4:21 AM PDT

The wall of light (cleric) and druid (use of weather) snippets definitely bring back dungeons and dragons memories from long ago. Good to see things from EQ, way before EQ, and after EQ all mixed together.

Let us hope no gaming magazine takes this first half of the second sentance and makes a news article from it.

• 1120 posts
    May 26, 2018 11:12 AM PDT

As if i wasnt already excited about newsletters!

• 8 posts
    May 27, 2018 1:44 AM PDT
    I can’t wait to see the Wizard!

Thank you VR for your amazing work
    • 20 posts
    June 19, 2018 6:39 AM PDT

I also can't wait to see the wizard! BLAMMO! WOOOOOOOOSH! KERLAAAAAAAM! (amazing spell effect noises)

• 643 posts
    June 19, 2018 10:25 AM PDT

My three favorite/main classes, in order are:

1) Enchanter

2) Druid

3) Mage/Summoner

/sigh........../tap..............waiting (im)patiently unttil I spontaneously combust

• 363 posts
    July 24, 2018 3:23 PM PDT

I hate this game. Every time I read about another class it makes me want to play it. :D

This post was edited by Willeg at July 25, 2018 7:17 AM PDT